Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 3 Times in 3 Posts

Re: River Run Restaurant

FF, what do you need explained? Would it be the difference between questions and statements and the appropriate responses for the different types of sentences. For example: Ask a question if you want an answer or explanation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    498 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 24 Times in 22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tompg View Post
    FF, what do you need explained? Would it be the difference between questions and statements and the appropriate responses for the different types of sentences. For example: Ask a question if you want an answer or explanation.
    Sure tompg...

Do you not understand how conversations work?

Just suppose this was a conversation...

I said:

"Maybe I'll just stop by GB's place , see what he's got in the freezer and grill out in his back yard...

Unless of course he did as I suggested to him and he's living off the fat of the land... Which is what every self respecting anti-fracker should be doing... I suspect he's got some solar panels and a heat pump system, or maybe he's heating with the wood he cleared to make way for the extensive gardens he'll need to raise his growing family. But what a dilemma... should he cut down trees that are sequestering away carbon?... but anyway,, if he's there, living off the fat of the land as it were , I can just make a donation and break bread with him..."

Then, you said:

"Americans used to have great respect for the pioneering homesteaders who settled much of our land. Now we just make fun of people who want to live a simple life. We also suggest it as a derision for people we don't agree with."

THEN, I replied:

"I KNOW you're not talking about ME!"

If this WERE a conversation, don't you think that a response should be forthcoming?

John
    Some circumstantial evidence is very strong, as when you find a trout in the milk.--Henry David Thoreau

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

No I do not think a response was warranted. You stated a fact. I know the grass is green and the sky is blue. Do you need to respond to those statements? I hope not. Now I shall stop arguing with a fool as I am close to not being able to tell which one of that is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    498 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

No I do not think a response was warranted. You stated a fact. I know the grass is green and the sky is blue. Do you need to respond to those statements? I hope not. Now I shall stop arguing with a fool as I am close to not being able to tell which one of that is.
    The fact being that you were not referring to me?

Who is arguing?

John
    Some circumstantial evidence is very strong, as when you find a trout in the milk.--Henry David Thoreau

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

One more time: As previously state, I stated you stated a fact. That fact was that I was referring to you FF. FF said, " I know you are referring to em." I did not challenge that, but I do feel more stupid than ever for engaging in this conversation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    498 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

One more time: As previously state, I stated you stated a fact. That fact was that I was referring to you FF. FF said, " I know you are referring to em." I did not challenge that, but I do feel more stupid than ever for engaging in this conversation.
    WHAT?!?!

"The great enemy of clear language is insincerity"------ George Orwell

John

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    498 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

First of all i did not "say" " I know you are referring to em [sic]" you convenietly left out the "NOT".

What an intellectually dishonest move on your part...

That's something liberals seem to be doing nowadays NOT conservatives..

My hypocrisy teaser refers to when you stated:
    Americans used to have great respect for the pioneering homesteaders who settled much of our land. Now we just make fun of people who want to live a simple life. We also suggest it as a derision for people we don't agree with" this was a jab at me for what I said about GB.

Well, when a certain someone some years back was chided for being a "llama farmer", you certainly didn't castigate THAT poster for that view. As I recall you responded with wanting to vote him in as president or emperor(or some such nonsense).

Now when I made that comment about GB, it's because I know he didn't heed my advice to live a simpler life. He had purchased some acreage and at the time I pointed out that he COULD live a simpler life (One in which he could live without using Fracked gas). Unfortunately he just used that acreage for a getaway... although he may have some solar panels...

I live a simpler life than MOST. (I heat with wood for god's sake) In fact, I suspect, I live a simpler life than 95% of New Jersey residents and that includes YOU. For you to spout off about "Now we just make fun of people who want to live a simple life. We also suggest it as a derision for people we don't agree with." is laughable,, How simple of a life do YOU live...?

MY comments about GB started in reference to his carbon footprint(initially) My suggestion to him was meant to point out HIS hypocrisy about purchasing fracked gas to heat his home there in NJ... He had the means to leave that life behind and he did not. Given where you live i suspect you have the means to live a life worthy of the great respect Americans used to have for those who live a simpler life...

But, you won't

I just purchased 48 additional acres. An adjoining property has been subdivided. Not these 48 acres (That's bigger than your REC PARK.) I will dedicate about 6 acres to you TOMPG... 6 acres will just about cover your carbon footprint..... I'll call it Hypocrite Acres. It will be the closest six acres to the sub division,,,

John

Blog Entries
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 13 Times in 12 Posts

How about you build a house on a few of those additional acres and donate it to me. I support guns, fracking, Alpaca's, dogs, American flags, etc... Let me know when it's ready!

Quote Originally Posted by Future Fanatic View Post
    First of all i did not "say" " I know you are referring to em [sic]" you convenietly left out the "NOT".

What an intellectually dishonest move on your part...

That's something liberals seem to be doing nowadays NOT conservatives..

My hypocrisy teaser refers to when you stated:
    Americans used to have great respect for the pioneering homesteaders who settled much of our land. Now we just make fun of people who want to live a simple life. We also suggest it as a derision for people we don't agree with" this was a jab at me for what I said about GB.

Well, when a certain someone some years back was chided for being a "llama farmer", you certainly didn't castigate THAT poster for that view. As I recall you responded with wanting to vote him in as president or emperor(or some such nonsense).

Now when I made that comment about GB, it's because I know he didn't heed my advice to live a simpler life. He had purchased some acreage and at the time I pointed out that he COULD live a simpler life (One in which he could live without using Fracked gas). Unfortunately he just used that acreage for a getaway... although he may have some solar panels...

I live a simpler life than MOST. (I heat with wood for god's sake) In fact, I suspect, I live a simpler life than 95% of New Jersey residents and that includes YOU. For you to spout off about "Now we just make fun of people who want to live a simple life. We also suggest it as a derision for people we don't agree with." is laughable,, How simple of a life do YOU live...?

MY comments about GB started in reference to his carbon footprint(initially) My suggestion to him was meant to point out HIS hypocrisy about purchasing fracked gas to heat his home there in NJ... He had the means to leave that life behind and he did not. Given where you live i suspect you have the means to live a life worthy of the great respect Americans used to have for those who live a simpler life...

But, you won't

I just purchased 48 additional acres. An adjoining property has been subdivided. Not these 48 acres (That's bigger than your REC PARK.) I will dedicate about 6 acres to you TOMPG... 6 acres will just about cover your carbon footprint..... I'll call it Hypocrite Acres. It will be the closest six acres to the sub division,,,

Pictures taken before/after/during fly fishing:
    http://dcabarle.smugmug.com/Sports/F...79119552_XXeHe

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    498 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by dcabarle View Post
    How about you build a house on a few of those additional acres and donate it to me. I support guns, fracking, Alpaca's, dogs, American flags, etc... Let me know when it's ready!

What are your requirements for the house?

I'm probably too far away from the D for your liking...

John

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    498 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

So, I AM the proud owner of an additional 48.19 acres of forest... closed yesterday...just doing my part to rid the world of some CO2.

John

Thread Information