Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    552 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 13 Times in 12 Posts

Update:

I spoke with Jeff White this morning (Delaware River Club). Jeff is going to see if he can find out some more info about the property owner for us. He even offered the DRC dumpster for some stuff.

On behalf of the FUDR, Fly Tier has offered to donate 100 dollars for bags / gloves /... whatever else may be needed for this task.

I've spoken to the owner of this property once before, and his concern was that the property was kept clean. I can't see him having a problem with us going down and cleaning the place up, but then again, I'm not him so I can't make his decisions.

Pictures taken before/after/during fly fishing:
    http://dcabarle.smugmug.com/Sports/F...79119552_XXeHe

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Te property is owned by West Branch Angler and a private individual in PA.

I can get permission from both of them if you want me to. It would be a good idea to get written permission. The liability issue comes into play here

Call me if you want to coordinate the effort.

Jim Serio

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

trashing

The landowner would probably want releases from the volunteers since someone could get hurt pushing and pulling stuff around. That shouldn't be a problem. They could be typed up for his approval and have each volunteer who shows up sign before they begin to work. I think the town truck idea is a good one so let me know if I can help on that issue and with the releases.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

Hi,

Al Hazzard Trout Unlimited does a cleanup every year on the upper West Branch.

I will call them to see how they handle private property issues.

Jim

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

trashing

Hey Jim, should I bring my snorkel gear? Only kidding. But is that still in the works?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

Hi,

The snorkel survey has been resceduled for next Spring. The idea is to get natural holding areas for trout at various life stages and Spring time will offer the best chance for that to happen. I will keep you all posted.

Jim

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    504 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 24 Times in 22 Posts

I'll offer the use of my Pick-up truck if the town truck thing does not work out. It's nothing fancy, but it's a full size pick up, and if we can get the garbage in the bed, it will haul it. It's four wheel drive too, if that makes a difference. The way I see it, if the possibility of some people throwing garbage at me or trying to roll me down that hill will get a few more people to show up (either to do it or watch it), all the better. This Saturday, might be a problem, but I'll throw the offer out there for the future anyway...
    John

Blog Entries
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    552 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

Originally posted by Future Fanatic
    I'll offer the use of my Pick-up truck if the town truck thing does not work out. It's nothing fancy, but it's a full size pick up, and if we can get the garbage in the bed, it will haul it. It's four wheel drive too, if that makes a difference. The way I see it, if the possibility of some people throwing garbage at me or trying to roll me down that hill will get a few more people to show up (either to do it or watch it), all the better. This Saturday, might be a problem, but I'll throw the offer out there for the future anyway...
    John
    Since this idea was just brought up this week, how about we wait a few weeks to see how many people can make it. Any Saturday is good for me. I'd like to meet up with everyone for breakfast at the greasy diner in Hancock, then head over to the dump where we can clean up for 3hrs or so then fish for Anaconda sized trout.

Blog Entries
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    552 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

WB / CLEANUP.

Jim,

A few things for you... Have we got confirmation from the land owners that this is going to be ok? Second, since this began as a cleanup, I'd prefer to leave it as a bunch of guys cleaning up, followed by lunch and fishing.

All others who fish the WB, please come and help us out. I know this is on Sept. 11th and some of you may have other obligations, but those of you who have no other obligations, why not come down to help. From my survey, if we can get 10 guys or more, we'll only be cleaning for 2hrs, max. There are car tires (in a neat little pile), a washing machine, and a bunch of other debris.

If you can help, please let us know who you are. My suggestion is to meet up in the McDonalds parking lot located in Hancock, NY, at 7:00am.

Some items that we will need:

1. Live healthy Bodies
    2. Some sort of truck / pickup to haul stuff out.
    3. A place to take the stuff we haul out (Jeff from the DRC offered the use of their dumpster for some stuff, I doubt that includes washing machines)
    4. Work gloves
    5. Garbage bags
    6. Food
    7. Drinks
    8. ...please add items to the list.

I've got confirmation from an FUDR member that they are still donating 100 dollars to the cause. Jim Serio was looking into getting those sticks with the nails on the bottom to help pick stuff up. If anyone has anything else to offer, please do so.

I attempted to have one of these cleanups on a New Jersey stream once, and only 1 person out of 6 actually showed up. The two of us cleaned the entire 2 1/2 mile stretch of river up of all debris, but we were a bit disapointed that nobody else showed. Please, if you're going to sign your name here, have the courtessy to let us know at least 24hrs in advance of any cancellations. I don't want to be the only one cleaning up the place.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

trashing

Dennis,
    I plan on participating. I am not familiar with the exact location so could you please post directions to the trash.
    (I don't think I will be able to make a 7:00 a.m curtain call)
    Chris

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

trashing

Don't you think the Town would drop a dump truck off for a few hours? That would solve the extra headache of driving the stuff and unloading it. Hello.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

DC --

Count me in. Look forward to meeting you and other NEFF anglers.

MP

Midnight Poacher

"Lurking deep in every fisherman's soul is the dark side - the need to fish private waters that are posted with no tresspassing signs."

"Save a Trout -- Ride a Flyfisherman."

Thread Information