Simms

Thread: Alaska

Thanks
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Alaska

I will provide much more detail and photos soon but for now I will say that if ever you get the chance to go ...buy your ticket and get there.....it is unbelieveable to say the least......

Thanks
    Chats
    Groans

The things I learned in Alaska:

1)you need a good drag system on your reel, my redington redfly did very well, plueger medalists which the lodge has on it's spare rods are inadequate and good for busted knuckles.

2)egg sucking leaches and zonkers are best for salmon(sockeye), though they do take plenty of bows.

3)bows love egg patterns......it was too early for flesh flies. They also could not resist dries...adams.parachute adams and a grey caddis I don't know the name of.

4)the scenery there is better than anywhere a I have ever been.

5)jet boats are cool, float planes are neat and turbo props suck in turbulent skies.

6)I had no idea rainbows could get so big......and I also never knew baby bows would try to eat an egg sucking leach almosy as big as they are.

I will add some pics, but need help adding them, anyonw who has a good idea how to post a few in one post please advise.

It's really not just about catching fish, too bad so many people just don't get it.

Thanks
    Chats
    Groans

love to see pics when they come. i had a much different alaskan experience. only one day out on the salt trolling for salmon. fun but different. definitely heading back though!

Thanks
    Chats
    Groans

Posting photo's

Originally posted by njflyguy
    Search for the main menu
    Under Main Menu over on the left, click 'Photo Gallery'. On top of the Orange header, you'll see 'Upload Photo's'. Click on that and follow the instructions. It's self explanitory and very easy. Good luck.

Thread Information