Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Site for Fly Patterns - Well Known Tyers

Hyde Low Rider,
    Always keep your reel full of backing....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

WOW Fantastic site. Thanks for posting it!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

Hans site

Surprised you guys are just now finding out about Hans site. I've know Hans for two years now and we have had the good fortune to hang out quite a bit, both here in Roscoe, at the DRC in Penn. and in Montana at the FFF International Conclave last year. Hans is an excellent fly tyer, caster, and fisherman. Actually i think he's as good all around at them all as anyone i've ever know. I feel very honored to have been asked to contribute flies to his site, and i'm working on that now. He puts in countless hours working on his site and is also probably the best digital photographer of flies out there. The guy simply is a workahoulic and a perfectionist. And you do "have a friend in low places." m.j.romero(willowhead) www.JazzMarkGallery.com

Mark J. Romero
    www.fudr.org
    607-498-9944
    M&M Fly Fishing
    JazzMark Gallery
    94 Yorktown Road
    Roscoe, N.Y. 12776-5017

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

This is one of the best fly fishing web sites I have found. They are setup like a weekly mag. Not only do they have fly tying patterns they also have instructions and a large variety of articles. Try this address and see if you agree.

http://flyanglersonline.com/

Bill: So-crates - "The only true wisdom consists in knowing that you know nothing".
    Ted: That's us, dude.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

Willowhead,

I have known about the site for a handful of years. I need to stop by your shop and check out the offerings. Roscoe is a nice town.

Catskills are heating up and lowering down. Where do you fish during times like this. Upper East? WestBranch or at night?

Hyde Low Rider,
    Always keep your reel full of backing....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

Hi Irish, i used to be a host on the flyanglersonline, (FAOL), web-site, in the chat room. I was very involved with that site and co-hosted an FAOL Fish-In here in Roscoe back in May. I've attended all three East Coast Fish-In's that the site has hosted here the last three years. I no longer am involved with that site though because of a disagreement with the piblishers over political matters. They have a very one sided point of view and are extremely unfair about how they edit post. It's a sort of our point of view or no point of view stiuation at FAOL, and that is not democratic. I'm afriad that site is headed in the wrong direction as far as popularity is concerned. It is a good source of information though, but the chat room has become a bore. later(willow)

Mark J. Romero
    www.fudr.org
    607-498-9944
    M&M Fly Fishing
    JazzMark Gallery
    94 Yorktown Road
    Roscoe, N.Y. 12776-5017

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

Hey LowRider, both the East and West Branches are colder than the freestone BeaMoc system at this time of year, so naturally your not putting the fish in as much risk of mortality when fishing there. Personally i do not fish once the water temps hit 70 degrees, at least not for trout. I'll go for monster gills instead. I do like fishing the upper Willowemoc nowdays though. The water temps usually stay cooler there in the summer. Fir Brook is a very nice little trib that comes into the upper Willow up past Debruce. You can also fish the water below the portal on the Esophus at this time of year, and not stress the fish to much. Try the area around Phonecia. Your welcome to visit anytime, and yes i am trying to get some night fishing in. 607-498-9944. Good luck, m.j.romero(willowhead) www.JazzMarkGallery.com

Mark J. Romero
    www.fudr.org
    607-498-9944
    M&M Fly Fishing
    JazzMark Gallery
    94 Yorktown Road
    Roscoe, N.Y. 12776-5017

Thread Information