Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Always go before the Storm

All---good bite after work --3 browns 1 -nice holdover 20" 2 bows & 2 brooks --1 was a beauty in stream for a while -----all on streamers ---howevers they where rising & slurping but a bit to dim to tell type.
    Trout were hungry as pressure dropped --all fish in less then 2 hours --Largest brown @ dark--UD .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

UD,

Was this in KLG. I drove over there last night and got to fish from 7p-8p. I saw two people. I hit the trestle pool and had it to myself. Didn't see anything rising when I stepped in. A lot of BWO (small) coming off and some large yellow mayflies. Not sure what they were. Grey Fox? Cahill? Wings matched body and had 2 tails. Anybody ??

Anyway, I just tied a few light cahills and figured I''d try one to see how they float since I just started tying. Well, second cast the fly goes down and I have a fish! Didn't hook it though. After a few refusals by others I went back to my first spot. 3 casts later I was holding a beautiful brookie, looked like a holdover. Pink fins and belly. My first on a dry that I tied. Fish were rising everywhere after 8PM. Bats showed up and drove me away again.

jm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

One of the best days I ever had was on the West Branch, with a hurricane coming up the coast of NJ the following day. Calm air, sunny. Sulphers popping, trout all over. Next morning at early dawn, steady but light rain, and clear water - no hatches, but nailed them on streamers until the water began to cloud when it all stopped. Hell of a ride home on the Quickway in the heavier rain later, tho...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Chats
    Groans

Not KLG but S.Branch downstream of in a couple of spots --River was flying this AM ---but rain stoped early -so who 's know maybe ok in a day

Thread Information