Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Stoney Brook?

How is Stoney Brook near Princeton?
    I have some time to fish near home tomorrow AM, I am thinking to go there. The bay is a little farther and the stripers are hitting flys yet, the Toms & Manasquan are closed on Mondays, and Assunpink creek just never seems to produce for me. I am thinking of taking a maiden voyage there, any suggestions?
    Thanks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

stoney brook is ok..but I`d fish the hopewell-pennington area though. They stock it pretty good around the park areas in Pennington,Old Mill rd area too. Right next to Stony Brook golf course is "the bend" and it always produces some trout. upstream from there is lots of holes that have some here and there,but cross mine rd. to get a little better. if you keep going upstream and actuall cross 518 you find yet another world of beauty. This is my backyard now.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

Thanks Dave...I didn't really want to venture that far northwest. I am near Freehold. Just thought that there may be some areas near Princeton that are productive after the worm dunkers and Powerbaiters had there way with it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

In the Princeton area... if you follow Province Line Road ALL THE WAY to it's end, you can park and walk down to an old bridge which crosses Stony Brook. They stock this area and is probably the best choice on Stony Brook in the Princeton area. Some pocket water and some deeper holes as well.

BTW. The end of Province line road is when the road is blocked by a metal guard rail. This is shortly after Province line crosses Rosedale Road.

Hope that helps,

~James

Thread Information