Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

flyin go onto awsf.org and check out steve farrar peanut bunker pattern. very nice tie and ive tied them a little over 6" long also check out his flash blending if you dont know what that is already

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by gilbo
    flyin go onto awsf.org and check out steve farrar peanut bunker pattern. very nice tie and ive tied them a little over 6" long also check out his flash blending if you dont know what that is already
    Flyin,
    that peanut bunker pattern that Farrer has is a pattern designed originally by Pacific Leisure, creaters of DNA material. The bunker patterns I have posted are that particular pattern.

-FT

--FT
    Nothing grows faster than a fish between the time the fish takes your fly...and the time he gets away.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

i didn't know john had passed, he was very helpful with me a few years back. i think i spent an hour with him getting that fly down. he wasn't at the past 2 shows, i wondered why, don't know if it had anything to do with his illness. i do carry clousers and jiggies with me, i have an extreme amount of confidence in that bunker pattern. that bunker pattern is fished using a rapala knot, which leaves a loop for the fly to move on. it looks just like a clouser or jiggy when fished, just doesn't sink as quickly. i'm sure if i fished that fly to fish eating sandeels, i'd fail miserable! remember, my striper fishing is limited to the fall in the bay at sandyhook fishing to fish eating bunker or mullet. going to try some more spring fishing this coming year, i'm sure the fly assortment will need to increase.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

ah now for the devil sauce... I found xylene at alocal home center but 1 GALLON of it !!

can't find the red devil stuff anywhere yet, but there is another place to check.

eventually I'll get it, gonna be a long winter

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

flyin, i've never actually made it. i would try a good paint store. also there is another caulk, don't know if i mentioned it was in a caulk tube, called lexal. i believe it to be the same stuff. if you don't use the whole gallon you can always soak a rag, put it in a bag and have some fun burning braincells!

Thread Information