Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

I figured for not having that rod for so long, you probably ended up not missing it and the novelty of having it dicipated. I really expected the second you got it back it would have been up on Ebay, or you would be selling it here.

sunny is offline Fishizzle, I use worms but I'm looking to upgrade!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

zietak

Buyers beware. I have had two episodes with Mr. Zietak and both were very crooked on his end. In one case he kept money which he was supposed to return to me. In another, false advertising was the problem. Be careful of his used rods for sale. I have seen some that were advertised as all original, when I questioned him about the rod, he admitted to replacing all wraps. He kept the falsified description of the rod on his website even after I made it clear to him that the website was wrong and misleading. A friend of mine later bought the rod and is still mad as hell about it. For the newbie, my advice is to stay clear.

Sunny

Blog Entries
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    508 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 13 Times in 12 Posts

It appears that he does this often.

What's that old saying... "If you give someone enough rope, they'll eventually hang themselves." In my opinion, Tim doesn't have much longer in the Bamboo scene.

I don't understand why sites like Codella's and Golden Witch still give him good reviews...

Pictures taken before/after/during fly fishing:
    http://dcabarle.smugmug.com/Sports/F...79119552_XXeHe

Mike_D is offline Fishizzle, I use worms but I'm looking to upgrade!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

Re: Tim Zietak Bamboo Rods

I realize this discussion has long since ended, but I'm new here and my jaw dropped to the floor when I came across this thread. Some time ago, I sold Tim Zietak a Payne 102H. I can't help but think this is likely the rod, which Dennis' father purchased as this particular stick is rather scarce. I have to ask how the rod was represented ... excellent shape? ... good condition? ... fair? I also sold him a two-tip Leonard; one tip was non-original and poorly made. I've since seen this rod for sale ... with two "original" tips. I don't know if this was Tim's doing.

I do have one of Tim's quads, and it performs just as I wanted it to perform. I think it's an excellent fishing rod. However, the poorly finished, non-mortised reel seat prevents me from affixing certain reels, the cork could be better shaped, and the bluing on the reel seat has rubbed off rather easily. I'm not entirely displeased, but I'm hardly ecstatic.

Mike D.
    Battenkill Flyfishing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Chats
    Groans

Re: Tim Zietak Bamboo Rods

I too went through a horrible experience with this guy and started a thread about it. Please check out the link:

http://www.njflyfishing.com/vBulleti...tml#post211201

Thread Information