Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 1 Time in 1 Post

Re: Where are they now?

Quote Originally Posted by lightenup View Post
    From what I understand, they still stock the lower section. Up to the Monument. But I'm not positive.
    Thanks, if true that would not be bad , with the stocking at Hoffman Bridge they may migrate together at some point over time

North Jersey

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by lightenup View Post
    From what I understand, they still stock the lower section. Up to the Monument. But I'm not positive.
    Right now there is a huge tree across the road about half way up the a car could not get through, hope somebody cuts it,

North Jersey

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,048 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 27 Times in 26 Posts

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle Claw View Post
    Just my opinion why this site has seen declining participation. Now its just my outlook so if you enjoy things as they are
    great, have fun is what its all about. Now for a grumpy old guys view. This used to be a site of great information, help for newer fly fisherman, info on stream situations, questions asked and answered, what's going on in specific streams, new regulations , problematic happenings on streams, ect. It now seems to have been hijacked by a few who use it for nonsense and in my opinion a waste of time. Who cares about what someone had for breakfast, or you saw someone who looks like they stepped in bear shit or their favorite wine, or someone craped in their waders, in MY my opinion its a waste of time. Again only my opinion, get rid of the crap on shout outs and get back to fly fishing. If you enjoy thing the way they are fine.
    Cut the nonsense and add back the quality and I think you will get more participants.

Let me guess, you're not on Facebook? If you were, you would understand that most all fishing forum sites became Facebook sites instead or that posters use Facebook over forums for their own pages. Fishing forums have all died, and not just this one. Hunting sites remain far more active, although even those often migrate more and more to Facebook over the forum style. I miss the forums as I don't waste much of my time on Facebook other than for my business. But the reality is, social media is still new and often changing. Who remembers MySpace??

A sinking fly is closer to Hell - ​Unknown

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 1 Time in 1 Post

You are right, I am a senior and avoid all the social media, too much personal stuff that others don't need to know.
    I just laugh when I see politicians , athletes and others having their lives ruined with social media, I fine it very entertaining. I know someone who signed off and said oh well, Im going to the mall for a few hours and had their house cleaned out.
    Anyway thanks for the info, makes sense why the site has gone to sleep.
    TIGHT LINES

North Jersey

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,048 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

You are right, I am a senior and avoid all the social media, too much personal stuff that others don't need to know.
    I just laugh when I see politicians , athletes and others having their lives ruined with social media, I fine it very entertaining. I know someone who signed off and said oh well, Im going to the mall for a few hours and had their house cleaned out.
    Anyway thanks for the info, makes sense why the site has gone to sleep.
    TIGHT LINES
    Social media is what you make of it. This site is a social media site. You can give whatever information you want and you can block any information you want just as easily. With sites like Facebook, you can limit who sees your page to friends only, avoiding having your place cleaned out because you felt the need to tell the world you are headed out of the home for hours at a time. But that is where everyone is these days.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    406 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 9 Times in 9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Spinner View Post
    Social media is what you make of it. This site is a social media site. You can give whatever information you want and you can block any information you want just as easily. With sites like Facebook, you can limit who sees your page to friends only, avoiding having your place cleaned out because you felt the need to tell the world you are headed out of the home for hours at a time. But that is where everyone is these days.....
    I don't do any social media except for LinkedIn, for professional purposes, usually to find a job so I can continue to afford this exorbitant hobby. The thing with social media, and most of the other very active forums, is that most of the participants actually know each other. There is a connection there other than just having an activity in common. For example, I sometimes participate in a mountain bike forum because I've ridden with a lot of the guys there. Here, while it was/is fun, I never made it to any of the events or fished with anyone here (man, I wish I was there for the small coffee incident though!). There was a lot of inside shit between people who clearly knew one another, some "you had to be there" type of stuff that went over my head. Over time I just faded away. Now, I'm not saying I need to sit at the cool kids table or anything, just explaining my personal experience, since we're kind of sharing. I still lurk though, usually to see if MacFly is selling anything good, or if Beetle caught tiny big chubs lately, or if The Beaver makes an appearance. I'm constantly on the lookout for that ratty Ninja everything I fish up north. If I ever run into anyone, I'll let you have a swig of whatever premium Bourbon I have in my flask(s). Maybe, if your worthy, and not a nasty no-hygiene-having mofo.

Roll up the windows Brian, you're letting the stank out.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Trout Nazi For This Useful Post:

Rusty Spinner (03-29-2022)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    733 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 12 Times in 12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Trout Nazi View Post
    I don't do any social media except for LinkedIn, for professional purposes, usually to find a job so I can continue to afford this exorbitant hobby. The thing with social media, and most of the other very active forums, is that most of the participants actually know each other. There is a connection there other than just having an activity in common. For example, I sometimes participate in a mountain bike forum because I've ridden with a lot of the guys there. Here, while it was/is fun, I never made it to any of the events or fished with anyone here (man, I wish I was there for the small coffee incident though!). There was a lot of inside shit between people who clearly knew one another, some "you had to be there" type of stuff that went over my head. Over time I just faded away. Now, I'm not saying I need to sit at the cool kids table or anything, just explaining my personal experience, since we're kind of sharing. I still lurk though, usually to see if MacFly is selling anything good, or if Beetle caught tiny big chubs lately, or if The Beaver makes an appearance. I'm constantly on the lookout for that ratty Ninja everything I fish up north. If I ever run into anyone, I'll let you have a swig of whatever premium Bourbon I have in my flask(s). Maybe, if your worthy, and not a nasty no-hygiene-having mofo.
    I think all of it is fun. Call me simple. Kind of like sitting around a campfire with your buddies talking about fishing and giving each item a load of crap. People have become very sensitive and take things very personally. If anyone doesn't want to share then don't. I have made a complete ass out of myself here many times. Some on purpose, some not. I don't care what anyone thinks as I know me. The interweb is a release and a place to laugh at yourself and others. Cancel me PLEASE...

"I'm not out on the river to win." -Kieth Rutherford

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    733 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 12 Times in 12 Posts

Right now there is a huge tree across the road about half way up the a car could not get through, hope somebody cuts it,
    I took a walk down from the North end today. Damn cold and windy so I bundled up and didn't fish. Spotted a few fish nymphing, but not much else. A couple of Piliated Woodpeckers and a barn swallow hawking midges. A tree is also across the road on the north end as well. The road is not in good shape anyway. KLG TU should do a day stocking and also sponsor a clean-up down there, unless they are too busy drinking beer and eating pizza. 😉Yes I am still bothered by my visit with them... Lots of large flood garbage.

"I'm not out on the river to win." -Kieth Rutherford

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,048 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Trout Nazi View Post
    I think if you dig deeper, you will find that those of us that seemed to "know each other" actually met on this forum. I know for me, I have made many friends I wouldn't have otherwise met if not for NEFF.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Rusty Spinner For This Useful Post:

denniscabarle (04-04-2022)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by denniscabarle View Post
    Unfortunate. Do you have a link to his blog that we can check out?
    http://smallstreamreflections.blogspot.com/?m=1

brk trt was the best small stream fisherman and blogger in the northeast, at least he was once I stopped posting to my blog.

Ahhh, hopefully he gets a laugh in heaven if not here on Earth.

best

Beetle is being punished

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Beetle is being punished

Blog Entries
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    562 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 13 Times in 12 Posts

Maybe the reason should be not where are they now but why have they left, I have a reason I left
    Glad to see you're back, even if just for a quick visit.

System Admin and fly fishing extraordinaire: Dennis Cabarle

Thread Information