Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    greg s is offline Fishizzle, I use worms but I'm looking to upgrade!
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    63
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    6
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    35
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Chats
    0
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts


    another fishing report

    Fished Saturday near Phoenicia starting around 4. Water temps in Esopus not bad at 66, the portal was only putting out a little water, but the T-storms dumped plenty. The stream was turbid from the rain and rising, fishing was decent for a couple of hours but then the water got higher and it slacked off for me. I did catch a really nice brown of 17's, and one rainbow around 12's, which are both pretty good Esopus fish. My partner caught a few rainbows and browns of 8-10"'s fishing nymphs and soft hackles. I caught my fish on a black marabout muddler with a split 10"'s above. Pretty good afternoon for mid-summer. Didn't see many bugs, a couple of iso's and one sulphur, not enough to get fish moving. I did see a couple of rises but they were very small fish. Had to duck under the tree's a couple of times to dodge the rain.

    Similar Threads:

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to greg s For This Useful Post:

    dcabarle (07-15-2020), FIN-ITE 34 (07-12-2020), Rusty Spinner (07-13-2020)

  3. #2
    greg s is offline Fishizzle, I use worms but I'm looking to upgrade!
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    63
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    6
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    35
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Chats
    0
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts


    Re: another fishing report

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iso dun.JPG 
Views:	31 
Size:	1.97 MB 
ID:	12982

    September update


  4. The Following User Says Thank You to greg s For This Useful Post:

    Rusty Spinner (2 Weeks Ago)

  5. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Flanders, NJ
    Posts
    6,443
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,321
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,633
    Thanked in
    1,039 Posts
    Chats
    2060
    Groans
    6
    Groaned 26 Times in 25 Posts


    Re: another fishing report

    Wow, two new posts on fishing report threads in the same day. I will read this one and save the beetle one for tomorrow's reading.

    Love me some Isos!

    A sinking fly is closer to Hell - ​Unknown

  6. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,146
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    250
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    592
    Thanked in
    401 Posts
    Chats
    63
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 9 Times in 9 Posts


    1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

    Re: another fishing report

    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Spinner View Post
    Wow, two new posts on fishing report threads in the same day. I will read this one and save the beetle one for tomorrow's reading.

    Love me some Isos!
    Well here's another for you. I went up and fished the Mainstem yesterday and had a spectacular day. Went double digits with bows. Caught the first 2 nymphing to wash the skunk off, and then caught the rest on a combination of dry/dropper, then all dry in the evening. Only people I saw were a couple of guys that came by in boats.

    Roll up the windows Brian, you're letting the stank out.

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trout Nazi For This Useful Post:

    FIN-ITE 34 (1 Week Ago), Rusty Spinner (1 Week Ago)

  8. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Flanders, NJ
    Posts
    6,443
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,321
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,633
    Thanked in
    1,039 Posts
    Chats
    2060
    Groans
    6
    Groaned 26 Times in 25 Posts


    Re: another fishing report

    Quote Originally Posted by Trout Nazi View Post
    Well here's another for you. I went up and fished the Mainstem yesterday and had a spectacular day. Went double digits with bows. Caught the first 2 nymphing to wash the skunk off, and then caught the rest on a combination of dry/dropper, then all dry in the evening. Only people I saw were a couple of guys that came by in boats.
    I talked to Rick Axt who still lurks here and he said the crazy crowds have finally tapered off and the mainstem is fishable once again with days of decent catches. Glad to see someone is getting out. I've been focused on archery season more than fishing, but am headed to the Salmon River Sunday for a few days of fishing before we do some culvert removal work in CT for brookies.

    A sinking fly is closer to Hell - ​Unknown

  9. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,146
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    250
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    592
    Thanked in
    401 Posts
    Chats
    63
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 9 Times in 9 Posts


    Re: another fishing report

    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Spinner View Post
    I talked to Rick Axt who still lurks here and he said the crazy crowds have finally tapered off and the mainstem is fishable once again with days of decent catches. Glad to see someone is getting out. I've been focused on archery season more than fishing, but am headed to the Salmon River Sunday for a few days of fishing before we do some culvert removal work in CT for brookies.
    I have no problems with spending a day catching bows. I'm sure the WB is still getting pounded though.


    Roll up the windows Brian, you're letting the stank out.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Trout Nazi For This Useful Post:

    Rusty Spinner (4 Days Ago)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Thread Participants: 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •