Thomas & Thomas
Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,563
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    160
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    551
    Thanked in
    326 Posts
    Chats
    0
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 3 Times in 3 Posts



  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Flanders, NJ
    Posts
    6,382
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,282
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,616
    Thanked in
    1,028 Posts
    Chats
    2046
    Groans
    6
    Groaned 26 Times in 25 Posts


    Re: NJ Executive Order Closures

    People are just nuts. I have never in my 22 years in this house seen as many people using the Columbia Trail as the last two weeks or so. It's become a walking rave party on a 10' wide old RR bed. Not exactly social distancing by any stretch of the imagination.

    The good news is that our WMAs remain open for now. Turkey season is fast approaching.

    A sinking fly is closer to Hell - ​Unknown

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Red bank nj
    Posts
    770
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    375
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    17
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Chats
    0
    Groans
    7
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts


    Re: NJ Executive Order Closures

    We went to Sandy Hook yesterday and it looked like a mid-summer weekend.


  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    New Jersey's scenic Ramapo Valley
    Posts
    2,855
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    191
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    517
    Thanked in
    343 Posts
    Chats
    76
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 5 Times in 5 Posts


    Re: NJ Executive Order Closures

    Does the Governor think he can "fix stupid"?

    Face it, unless an effective vaccine is produced and distributed in record time, natural selection will prevail.


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    1060 West Addison, Chicago....
    Posts
    4,553
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,258
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,084
    Thanked in
    723 Posts
    Chats
    4604
    Groans
    30
    Groaned 12 Times in 12 Posts


    Re: NJ Executive Order Closures

    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Does the Governor think he can "fix stupid"?

    Face it, unless an effective vaccine is produced and distributed in record time, natural selection will prevail.
    https://youtu.be/yTUr-aHx1p4

    ....

    "I'm not out on the river to win." -Kieth Rutherford

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Flanders, NJ
    Posts
    6,382
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,282
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,616
    Thanked in
    1,028 Posts
    Chats
    2046
    Groans
    6
    Groaned 26 Times in 25 Posts


    Re: NJ Executive Order Closures

    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Does the Governor think he can "fix stupid"?

    Face it, unless an effective vaccine is produced and distributed in record time, natural selection will prevail.
    The trouble is, natural selection may not prevail. That person out not practicing social distancing may simply carry it to one of us and it kills us. I could care less if your own actions only affected you, but when your actions affect the rest of us and are life and death, the rules change. Be thankful we don't live in the Philippines. Duterte has ordered a shoot to kill for anyone on the streets let alone trying to fish for an hour.

    A sinking fly is closer to Hell - ​Unknown

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Red bank nj
    Posts
    770
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    375
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    17
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Chats
    0
    Groans
    7
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts


    Re: NJ Executive Order Closures

    Now Sandy Hook is closed.


  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    New Jersey's scenic Ramapo Valley
    Posts
    2,855
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    191
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    517
    Thanked in
    343 Posts
    Chats
    76
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 5 Times in 5 Posts


    Re: NJ Executive Order Closures

    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Spinner View Post
    The trouble is, natural selection may not prevail. That person out not practicing social distancing may simply carry it to one of us and it kills us. I could care less if your own actions only affected you, but when your actions affect the rest of us and are life and death, the rules change. Be thankful we don't live in the Philippines. Duterte has ordered a shoot to kill for anyone on the streets let alone trying to fish for an hour.
    Natural selection always prevails.
    It doesn't care if we approve of the selection process.


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,138
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    248
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    587
    Thanked in
    398 Posts
    Chats
    63
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 9 Times in 9 Posts


    Re: NJ Executive Order Closures

    I mountain bike in Ringwood State Park. I normally don't see anyone when I go out for a ride, but over the past 3 weeks I've seen more people wandering around the woods than I have in 25 years of riding back there. Not just on the trails either, people bush-wacking through the woods, collecting all the ticks (dumb-asses). I've also seen people about 4 miles into the trails at quarter to 6 at night, hope they brought flashlights. Shutting everything down was a matter of time, but at least we have the WMA's, and I have one nearby that I can ride at also.

    This virus is with us to stay, its going to be a seasonal occurrence. I'm sure they'll have a vaccine of some sort within the next 2 years, since destroying the economy every time it comes around isn't a sustainable response. Even when a vaccine is available, it will probably still kill 8-20k people in the US every year, just like the flu does now.

    Roll up the windows Brian, you're letting the stank out.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    New Jersey's scenic Ramapo Valley
    Posts
    2,855
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    191
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    517
    Thanked in
    343 Posts
    Chats
    76
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 5 Times in 5 Posts


    Re: NJ Executive Order Closures

    Quote Originally Posted by Trout Nazi View Post
    I mountain bike in Ringwood State Park. I normally don't see anyone when I go out for a ride, but over the past 3 weeks I've seen more people wandering around the woods than I have in 25 years of riding back there. Not just on the trails either, people bush-wacking through the woods, collecting all the ticks (dumb-asses). I've also seen people about 4 miles into the trails at quarter to 6 at night, hope they brought flashlights. Shutting everything down was a matter of time, but at least we have the WMA's, and I have one nearby that I can ride at also.

    This virus is with us to stay, its going to be a seasonal occurrence. I'm sure they'll have a vaccine of some sort within the next 2 years, since destroying the economy every time it comes around isn't a sustainable response. Even when a vaccine is available, it will probably still kill 8-20k people in the US every year, just like the flu does now.
    When I was growing up in the '50s, the only vaccine in regular use was for smallpox (a polio vaccine came a little later).

    Measles, mumps, and chicken pox were often called "the childhood diseases". Just about everybody got them sometime before puberty, and thanks to eons of natural selection, most people survived, and never got them again.

    In the case of mumps and German measles (rubella), it was worse to get them as an adult, than as a child.

    Now, as an old phart who's paying the price for 60 years of cigars, and 56 years of Bourbon, I have to be more careful, but that's just a personal preference. Natural selection doesn't give a s***.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    new jersey near new york city
    Posts
    6,289
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,489
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,526
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Chats
    1107
    Groans
    87
    Groaned 69 Times in 59 Posts


    Re: NJ Executive Order Closures

    Quote Originally Posted by FIN-ITE 34 View Post
    Murphy has closed all State parks, county parks, and state forests.

    https://nj.gov/infobank/eo/056murphy/pdf/EO-118.pdf
    To say the least, I’m very disappointed.

    How does a trip with a fly rod into a secluded public forest become an issue here?

    Next thing, they’re gonna close the Vince Lombardi Rest Stop, and life as we know it will be over.


  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    1060 West Addison, Chicago....
    Posts
    4,553
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,258
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,084
    Thanked in
    723 Posts
    Chats
    4604
    Groans
    30
    Groaned 12 Times in 12 Posts


    Re: NJ Executive Order Closures

    Quote Originally Posted by golden beetle View Post
    To say the least, I’m very disappointed.

    How does a trip with a fly rod into a secluded public forest become an issue here?

    Next thing, they’re gonna close the Vince Lombardi Rest Stop, and life as we know it will be over.
    That is funny. Beetle.

    "I'm not out on the river to win." -Kieth Rutherford

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Thread Participants: 6

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •