Rio
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 48

Thread: Coronavirus

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    new jersey near new york city
    Posts
    6,289
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,489
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,526
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Chats
    1107
    Groans
    87
    Groaned 69 Times in 59 Posts


    Coronavirus

    Wash hands frequently and take care.

    Tough times. Now I know what it feels like to be Macfly’s fishing buddy. You accept an offer to row Mac’s boat for the day. And like Mac, you too got skunked.

    At first you think it’s because you didn’t get a chance to cast...

    But you continue to get skunked for weeks on after.

    It’s your worst bout with the “skunk” you’ve ever had.

    And of course you begin wondering - did I catch the “skunk” from Mac?


  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to golden beetle For This Useful Post:

    dcabarle (03-23-2020), MACFLY (03-22-2020), Rusty Spinner (03-24-2020)

  3. The Following User Says No Thank You to golden beetle For This un-Useful Post:

    Rusty Spinner (03-24-2020)

  4. #2
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    New Jersey's scenic Ramapo Valley
    Posts
    2,855
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    191
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    517
    Thanked in
    343 Posts
    Chats
    77
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 5 Times in 5 Posts


    Re: Coronavirus

    You should be celebrating ...
    1. NJ courts are all but closed.
    2. The legislature is cancelling sessions right and left.
    3. The governor, and his executive orders, are all that's left running the state.
    4. NJ has become just what you wanted, a socialist dictatorship, and the dictator is doing his best to tank the economy before the election.



  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Pete For This Useful Post:

    dcabarle (03-23-2020)

  6. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    666
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    93
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    171
    Thanked in
    118 Posts
    Chats
    297
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 1 Time in 1 Post


    Re: Coronavirus

    I am worried about the corona virus.

    If you old fossils croak, I will have nobody to make fun of.

    So please wash your hands, and call your grand children. I know that the government is shutting down, but atleast Bonanza is still on the television every day at 4pm. Stay in and enjoy!

    (seriously hope everyone is safe tho)

    Lacey: Where'd you get that pistol?
    Blevins: At the gettin' place.

  7. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    11,980
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,658
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,120
    Thanked in
    720 Posts
    Chats
    3223
    Groans
    28
    Groaned 33 Times in 33 Posts


    Re: Coronavirus

    Quote Originally Posted by golden beetle View Post
    Wash hands frequently and take care.

    Tough times. Now I know what it feels like to be Macfly’s fishing buddy. You accept an offer to row Mac’s boat for the day. And like Mac, you too got skunked.

    At first you think it’s because you didn’t get a chance to cast...

    But you continue to get skunked for weeks on after.

    It’s your worst bout with the “skunk” you’ve ever had.

    And of course you begin wondering - did I catch the “skunk” from Mac?

    Stay safe Beetle. The world needs you

    "Angling is extremely time consuming. That's sort of the whole point." - Thomas McGuane

  8. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    11,980
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,658
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,120
    Thanked in
    720 Posts
    Chats
    3223
    Groans
    28
    Groaned 33 Times in 33 Posts


    Re: Coronavirus

    Typical always blaming others for his failures.

    Quote Originally Posted by golden beetle View Post
    Wash hands frequently and take care.

    Tough times. Now I know what it feels like to be Macfly’s fishing buddy. You accept an offer to row Mac’s boat for the day. And like Mac, you too got skunked.

    At first you think it’s because you didn’t get a chance to cast...

    But you continue to get skunked for weeks on after.

    It’s your worst bout with the “skunk” you’ve ever had.

    And of course you begin wondering - did I catch the “skunk” from Mac?


    "Angling is extremely time consuming. That's sort of the whole point." - Thomas McGuane

  9. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    11,980
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,658
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,120
    Thanked in
    720 Posts
    Chats
    3223
    Groans
    28
    Groaned 33 Times in 33 Posts


    Re: Coronavirus

    I am worried as well. It appears that unlike China and Italy almost 40% of the people needing to be hospitalized are between 20 and 50. You snowflakes livin in your parents basement can’t even handle a Corona

    Quote Originally Posted by moosekid View Post
    I am worried about the corona virus.

    If you old fossils croak, I will have nobody to make fun of.

    So please wash your hands, and call your grand children. I know that the government is shutting down, but atleast Bonanza is still on the television every day at 4pm. Stay in and enjoy!

    (seriously hope everyone is safe tho)


    "Angling is extremely time consuming. That's sort of the whole point." - Thomas McGuane

  10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MACFLY For This Useful Post:

    Pete (03-23-2020), Rusty Spinner (03-24-2020), Trout Nazi (03-23-2020)

  11. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,138
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    248
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    587
    Thanked in
    398 Posts
    Chats
    63
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 9 Times in 9 Posts


    Re: Coronavirus

    Quote Originally Posted by MACFLY View Post
    I am worried as well. It appears that unlike China and Italy almost 40% of the people needing to be hospitalized are between 20 and 50. You snowflakes livin in your parents basement can’t even handle a Corona
    That's because they all refuse to social distance. They still need to go to Starbucks for their vegan-caramel-soy-frappe-macchiato-latte that they drink through a staw, and then gather in small groups to talk about how woke they are, and how this virus was engineered by the ruling class and Trump to kill all the poor and people of color.

    Roll up the windows Brian, you're letting the stank out.

  12. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Roselle Park, New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    5,622
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    796
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,115
    Thanked in
    543 Posts
    Chats
    1420
    Groans
    17
    Groaned 13 Times in 12 Posts


    Re: Coronavirus

    Quote Originally Posted by MACFLY View Post
    I am worried as well. It appears that unlike China and Italy almost 40% of the people needing to be hospitalized are between 20 and 50. You snowflakes livin in your parents basement can’t even handle a Corona
    Gotta be honest though, Mac. Your profile picture... Not sure I would have posted that one. Dinks are the equivalent to a skunk.

    Pictures taken before/after/during fly fishing:
    http://dcabarle.smugmug.com/Sports/F...79119552_XXeHe

  13. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Roselle Park, New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    5,622
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    796
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,115
    Thanked in
    543 Posts
    Chats
    1420
    Groans
    17
    Groaned 13 Times in 12 Posts


    Re: Coronavirus

    By the way... Here's to an old Fly fishing classic.



    Eureka!!!! Found the King of the Monkey's!

    Pictures taken before/after/during fly fishing:
    http://dcabarle.smugmug.com/Sports/F...79119552_XXeHe

  14. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    666
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    93
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    171
    Thanked in
    118 Posts
    Chats
    297
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 1 Time in 1 Post


    Re: Coronavirus

    Quote Originally Posted by Trout Nazi View Post
    That's because they all refuse to social distance. They still need to go to Starbucks for their vegan-caramel-soy-frappe-macchiato-latte that they drink through a staw, and then gather in small groups to talk about how woke they are, and how this virus was engineered by the ruling class and Trump to kill all the poor and people of color.
    We agree for the first time re: social distancing. All the other stuff about woke and trump, I don't know anyone that stupid and I know alot of idiots.

    One thing for conservatives to think about is minimum wage. I'm not saying any of you DO or DON'T support working wages for unskilled positions, but it's generally at odds with the conservative agenda....

    and right now, grocery-store/pharmacy clerks are saving everyone's ass and risking their own for 37K a year....

    Lacey: Where'd you get that pistol?
    Blevins: At the gettin' place.

  15. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Roselle Park, New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    5,622
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    796
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,115
    Thanked in
    543 Posts
    Chats
    1420
    Groans
    17
    Groaned 13 Times in 12 Posts


    Re: Coronavirus

    you should put a tip jar at the end of the conveyor belt.

    Would that be plastic or paper... CHA CHING.

    Quote Originally Posted by moosekid View Post
    We agree for the first time re: social distancing. All the other stuff about woke and trump, I don't know anyone that stupid and I know alot of idiots.

    One thing for conservatives to think about is minimum wage. I'm not saying any of you DO or DON'T support working wages for unskilled positions, but it's generally at odds with the conservative agenda....

    and right now, grocery-store/pharmacy clerks are saving everyone's ass and risking their own for 37K a year....


    Pictures taken before/after/during fly fishing:
    http://dcabarle.smugmug.com/Sports/F...79119552_XXeHe

  16. #12
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    New Jersey's scenic Ramapo Valley
    Posts
    2,855
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    191
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    517
    Thanked in
    343 Posts
    Chats
    77
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 5 Times in 5 Posts


    Re: Coronavirus

    I remember when a lot less than 37K was considered filthy rich...
    When I was about to graduate, liberal arts, and business majors were jealous because campus recruiters were offering some engineering majors starting salaries of over 7K a year.

    then the minimum wage went up
    that drove prices went up
    then the minimum wage went up
    that drove prices went up
    then the minimum wage went up
    that drove prices went up
    repeat as often as politically feasible


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Thread Participants: 17

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •