Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Re: Hatch charts and climate change

I recall a debunking of that 97% number some time back but don't remember the details except that it was from a very small sample of scientists already on board. Surprised it wasn't 100%. The real number would probably be closer to 50%. Another comment I recall is that if you are not discussing global warming in 10,000 year segments then you don't know what you are talking about. It's comments like these from knowledgable scientists along with cases of falsified data, distorted statistics and the obvious quest for more and more grants and funding and info from those like TN t hat make me a denier.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Johnw For This Useful Post:

Trout Nazi (12-16-2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    399 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 9 Times in 9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MACFLY View Post
    And you add to this the linking of climate change to social justice and the blaming of capitalism and western colonialism for the worlds problems and you can be certain there will be no consensus.
    Most of the worlds pollution isn't coming from the "Western" world, but lets not let facts get in the way. Capitalism is also bad, say all of the guys here fishing with $800 rods (or the cheap-skates fishing with multiple $300 sticks).

Roll up the windows Brian, you're letting the stank out.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Trout Nazi For This Useful Post:

MACFLY (12-30-2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 1 Time in 1 Post

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Supper.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	41.9 KB 
ID:	12948
    it's what's for supper

Lacey: Where'd you get that pistol?
    Blevins: At the gettin' place.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Trout Nazi View Post
    This reminds me of a conversation me and my wife had the other day after she read some some post on the local house-wives forum
    Please elaborate on this with a URL.

Lacey: Where'd you get that pistol?
    Blevins: At the gettin' place.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    399 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by moosekid View Post
    Please elaborate on this with a URL.
    Man, has this thread taken a turn. Pick any town in NJ or south NY, the house wives have a Facebook page. I don't do Facebook period, because why? You will be the only heterosexual male trolling those pages, aside from a couple of whipped dads contributing. My wife is the conduit for me hearing all of the stupidity on there.

You're a young buck from Crooklyn with no kids I take it, so why expose yourself to that bullshit needlessly? To give a an example of the suburban bullshit that comes with children, my kids elementary school has a "wellness committee", basically a bunch of women with no scientific education or training who have self-appointed themselves as experts in all things health. Its the usual shit, like gluten is bad (only if you have Ciliacs disease), processed sugar is bad (only thing they're right about), and vaccines are unnecessary (wrong on so many levels), and soy is good (soy is the worst thing to give a child). I overheard one of them while picking up my kid in after care telling a group of women that you can get the flu from the injectable vaccine, and to stay away. As a representative of the big, bad, pharmaceutical industry, I had to correct her and tell her that only the inhalable vaccine uses live virus, and that there is no physical way to get the flu from the injectable version. And I also took the opportunity to tell them that they're kids are allergic to peanuts and everything else under the sun because they'be been eating soy since they're 2. Since then, I'm done, I avoid those women and conversations like the plague. You raise your kids the way you want, and take responsibility for it.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Trout Nazi For This Useful Post:

JOE.T (03-01-2020)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by golden beetle View Post
    Striped bass are also extending their range further and further north. In the process, they are contributing to the decimation of Altantic salmon populations and destroying local economies that depend on the salmon fishery.
    Another post talks about an increase of tick born disease being proof that climate change is happening. I hear birds are not migrating as far south as they use to, lizards mating habits are endangered because of the heat. . . I guess all this wildlife got fooled by the fake media.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    399 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by njcaddis View Post
    Another post talks about an increase of tick born disease being proof that climate change is happening. I hear birds are not migrating as far south as they use to, lizards mating habits are endangered because of the heat. . . I guess all this wildlife got fooled by the fake media.
    Or, tick born diseases are increasing because of the explosion in the deer, rabbit, and mouse population and the fact they live in our yards, dropping ticks off on your lawn. Bird migration is primarily affected by habitat loss and de-watering of wetlands for commercial development (a problem that we can actually do something about). But keep drinking the Cool Aid and believing everything you hear and read.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

It all comes down to the Ecosystem.The Delaware system can be complex.For an example the upper West Branch there is without a doubt some big changes over the years i.e. Species disappearing ,less prolific hatches, and hatches appearing that where never seen before like the Green Drake.I always say it's all about water temps.However in this case it is silt as the major culprit, and less oxygen levels and I'm sure there are other factors.Than there is PH levels and minerals and maybe chemicals.The only way this can be tested properly is you would need a baseline from years ago to compare-nobody ever did the research.

On the Flip side there is a section of a certain river that hatches have become more prolific, and just this past summer I had consistent fishable summer Steno hatches from Mid June until mid September.In over 35 plus years I have never seen this before during the summer.Why? I really don't know without science.My theory is that the previous fall, winter, and early spring there was a steady significant amount of water in the river about 5x the Norm.Is that the answer no clue.

In summary hatches are dictated by water temps,minerals, silt, PH levels,chemicals in the water?, Oxygen levels, etc.Without Science you will never know the real reasons to answer the question- WHY?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

This is a test

13. The Following User Says Thank You to JOE.T For This Useful Post:

greg s (02-29-2020)

Thread Information