Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Re: Hatch charts and climate change

What is the little entitled, self serving "envro kook" Greta going to do when she finds that China and India are burning the majority of the coal. I presume the Soros Foundation will formulate a appropriate response. China ??? That's not a acceptable narrative
    I dare you little nitwit!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    393 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 9 Times in 9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by falcon View Post
    What is the little entitled, self serving "envro kook" Greta going to do when she finds that China and India are burning the majority of the coal. I presume the Soros Foundation will formulate a appropriate response. China ??? That's not a acceptable narrative
    I dare you little nitwit!
    Greta is the perfect propaganda tool, a kid. She tries to sail everywhere to reduce her carbon footprint, but the crew flies home on a plane

Roll up the windows Brian, you're letting the stank out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,024 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 26 Times in 25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tompg View Post
    Venice slowly sinking for 300 years? Read that somewhere in the commie liberal media. no doubt placed there by a bunch of pseudo science geologists and historians from some ivory tower keeping their grants funded. damn elites telling us what to think.
    I first visited Venice in about 1981, long before we heard about global warming. In fact, we were still highly concerned about global cooling for those of you old enough to remember. But I digress. Back in '81, the first floors of all the buildings in that city were already under water. So yes, Venice has been sinking for centuries and will continue to regardless if the planet is getting much warmer or much colder.

A sinking fly is closer to Hell - ​Unknown

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    717 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 12 Times in 12 Posts

https://www.climate.gov/news-feature...carbon-dioxide

I'll just put this here...3 million years

"I'm not out on the river to win." -Kieth Rutherford

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    393 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by lightenup View Post
    https://www.climate.gov/news-feature...carbon-dioxide

I'll just put this here...3 million years
    So lets get scientific, since I'm a scientist that actually reads scientific papers all day long (real science, not climate science) and have had to have my shit peer-reviewed, and defend it. One of the fundamental flaws in all of these "scientific" papers is that they only look at effect, whats happening, with no serious look at cause, since they've already assumed that CO2 is the culprit. News flash, number one flaw in all science is to assume anything.

Now, this paper is shit, but since it comes from a government agency (NOAA), thats to be expected, because contrary to popular opinion, the government hasn't contributed shit to science since the Manhattan project, but that was a bunch of civilian scientists anyway, but I digress. Fundamental flaw in this paper? She doesn't correlate CO2 levels to a rise in temperature. What the heck is the point of writing any climate paper if it doesn't correlate anything to temperature? Well, in this case its because the CO2 may be the highest, but the temperature was actually warmer during a couple of the previous interglacials (see below). Go google it, you'll find other graphs that match it. If you look even deeper, you'll find some papers where they've observed that CO2 levels don't precede warming, but follow it. Taken from those same ice-core samples, but since thats contrary data, it must be wrong, right? Not one paper out there that definitively links CO2 as the cause of warming, which brings us to number 2 no-no in science, which is not empirically proving your hypothesis.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trout Nazi For This Useful Post:

Johnw (2 Weeks Ago), Rusty Spinner (2 Weeks Ago)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    717 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

and they also say it's climate change, not warming, the science admitted a mistake there and that many factors would change, temperature rises seem to be in the poles and the ocean, the declining populations of fish and bugs and birds and bees have nothing to do with human existence and burning everything we see.......extreme weather events are the hypothesis. But since you're a scientist, I guess there is no way I can twist my facts better than you can twist yours....the rise in CO2 is alarming....highest in 3million years, but that has nothing to do with human existence or climate change, it's just arbitrary bullshit....I'm sure.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    393 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

and they also say it's climate change, not warming, the science admitted a mistake there and that many factors would change, temperature rises seem to be in the poles and the ocean, the declining populations of fish and bugs and birds and bees have nothing to do with human existence and burning everything we see.......extreme weather events are the hypothesis. But since you're a scientist, I guess there is no way I can twist my facts better than you can twist yours....the rise in CO2 is alarming....highest in 3million years, but that has nothing to do with human existence or climate change, it's just arbitrary bullshit....I'm sure.
    No, when they talk about climate change, its always in the context of man-made climate change, and all the science that they like to site is what supports that narrative. I agree that we're destroying habitat, polluting water, and expanding everywhere. There are 7.5 billion people here that need to eat, have roofs over their heads, heat, electricity, and a means to get from A to B, so I think things will get worse before they get better. I also believe the worst offenders are not us (hint: China & India).

As far as twisting facts, sorry dude, but the data speaks for itself, I don't need to twist shit. Look at that graph, the past temperatures do not correlate with CO2 levels, no twisting there. If you simply graphed CO2 level with temperature, you'd see it. I'm not saying we shouldn't pollute, and that we shouldn't try to find cleaner ways to do things (I blow a gasket seeing people throw cigarettes out the window), but don't try to manufacture a global crisis just to disguise a power and money grab.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    717 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Trout Nazi View Post
    No, when they talk about climate change, its always in the context of man-made climate change, and all the science that they like to site is what supports that narrative. I agree that we're destroying habitat, polluting water, and expanding everywhere. There are 7.5 billion people here that need to eat, have roofs over their heads, heat, electricity, and a means to get from A to B, so I think things will get worse before they get better. I also believe the worst offenders are not us (hint: China & India).

As far as twisting facts, sorry dude, but the data speaks for itself, I don't need to twist shit. Look at that graph, the past temperatures do not correlate with CO2 levels, no twisting there. If you simply graphed CO2 level with temperature, you'd see it. I'm not saying we shouldn't pollute, and that we shouldn't try to find cleaner ways to do things (I blow a gasket seeing people throw cigarettes out the window), but don't try to manufacture a global crisis just to disguise a power and money grab.
    https://climate.nasa.gov/vital-signs...l-temperature/
    Here's your temperature graph, seems to correlate pretty well to that co2 graph...seems to speak for itself. Your first paragraph supports my narrative, thanks. People are the cause of climate issues or whatever you want to label it. I know its mostly the far east creating garbage and pollution, but let's pull out of all the global initiatives to try and solve the problems, instead of staying on and doing it responsibly. There is an issue, ice sheets are melting, sea levels and temperatures are rising, animal populations are being destroyed at the base of the food chain...I don't think it's going to kill us all in 20 or 30 years, or be the yuuuuge issue some science is claiming immediately, but why procrastinate? No matter the cause, something is happening and it isn't good for the earth or us. I see no reason to fight against a "greener" Earth and a cleaner earth. The only logical reason is money and profits...you can't eat or drink profits.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    393 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

https://climate.nasa.gov/vital-signs...l-temperature/
    Here's your temperature graph, seems to correlate pretty well to that co2 graph...seems to speak for itself. Your first paragraph supports my narrative, thanks. People are the cause of climate issues or whatever you want to label it. I know its mostly the far east creating garbage and pollution, but let's pull out of all the global initiatives to try and solve the problems, instead of staying on and doing it responsibly. There is an issue, ice sheets are melting, sea levels and temperatures are rising, animal populations are being destroyed at the base of the food chain...I don't think it's going to kill us all in 20 or 30 years, or be the yuuuuge issue some science is claiming immediately, but why procrastinate? No matter the cause, something is happening and it isn't good for the earth or us. I see no reason to fight against a "greener" Earth and a cleaner earth. The only logical reason is money and profits...you can't eat or drink profits.
    Your showing me 100yrs of temp changes, it means nothing in the scope of climate. Again, it was warmer during three interglacials within the last 400,000 years, when CO2 levels were supposed to be lower.

You sound like a politician “let’s pull out global initiatives”. Global initiatives such as? I’m not fighting a greener Earth, but what are these global initiatives, and how exactly do they work? And mankind will not go extinct just because it gets warmer or colder, we’ve evolved pretty well over the past 1.5M years, we’ll find some other way to kill ourselves.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    717 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

I'll be with you tomorrow, I need to work now...look at the graphs again, timing is key here...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    717 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    393 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

What the fuck is a climate scientist? There’s no such major in school, but I guess if your a skeptic, you’re automatically not a climate scientist, the 100% of consensus means shit.

Post all the articles you want, still doesn’t change the fact that past past temps were hotter with less CO2. I’m more or less done with this since this has become a logic vs. emotion type of debate.

Thread Information