Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 25 to 35 of 35
  1. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Flanders, NJ
    Posts
    6,283
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,229
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,606
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts
    Chats
    1994
    Groans
    3
    Groaned 26 Times in 25 Posts


    Re: An actual fishing report. While you boobs opine about too many drift boats and wh

    Quote Originally Posted by mudbug201 View Post
    Imagine smoking a giant spliff and then being hit hard on the head with a piece of firewood. Then imagine that most of the burritos in your life had wings or tails and could either fly or swim away. Then imagine that you found a burrito that magically could not fly away. You would eat it too.
    It's 2019, nobody smokes giant spliffs anymore. It's all cartridges and gummies. Get with the times!

    A sinking fly is closer to Hell - ​Unknown

  2. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Flanders, NJ
    Posts
    6,283
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,229
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,606
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts
    Chats
    1994
    Groans
    3
    Groaned 26 Times in 25 Posts


    Re: An actual fishing report. While you boobs opine about too many drift boats and wh

    And in case anyone here was wondering why the flows are shooting up through the roof again, it's because I'm going up tomorrow for the long weekend. Mother Nature is pissed at me for complaining for 9 long years about a lack of rain......

    A sinking fly is closer to Hell - ​Unknown

  3. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    428
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    69
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    145
    Thanked in
    97 Posts
    Chats
    2
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 1 Time in 1 Post


    Re: An actual fishing report. While you boobs opine about too many drift boats and wh

    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Spinner View Post
    And in case anyone here was wondering why the flows are shooting up through the roof again, it's because I'm going up tomorrow for the long weekend. Mother Nature is pissed at me for complaining for 9 long years about a lack of rain......
    I take it you don't have a boat? Flows are not through the roof, just a bit high for wading. Try the lower BKill above East Branch tomorrow. By the weekend more water should open up, especially high on the tailwaters, if/when the reservoirs stop spilling. I'd guess by Saturday night you'll find plenty of wadeable water, especially if you're willing to go off the beaten trail.


  4. #28
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,072
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    232
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    569
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Chats
    54
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 9 Times in 9 Posts


    Re: An actual fishing report. While you boobs opine about too many drift boats and wh

    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Spinner View Post
    And in case anyone here was wondering why the flows are shooting up through the roof again, it's because I'm going up tomorrow for the long weekend. Mother Nature is pissed at me for complaining for 9 long years about a lack of rain......
    Well, apologize already so that this madness can end. If I wanted to be wet all year, I'd move to Seattle and live among the depressed snowflakes out there.

    Roll up the windows Brian, you're letting the stank out.

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trout Nazi For This Useful Post:

    MACFLY (06-20-2019), Rusty Spinner (06-20-2019)

  6. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Flanders, NJ
    Posts
    6,283
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,229
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,606
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts
    Chats
    1994
    Groans
    3
    Groaned 26 Times in 25 Posts


    Re: An actual fishing report. While you boobs opine about too many drift boats and wh

    Quote Originally Posted by mudbug201 View Post
    I take it you don't have a boat? Flows are not through the roof, just a bit high for wading. Try the lower BKill above East Branch tomorrow. By the weekend more water should open up, especially high on the tailwaters, if/when the reservoirs stop spilling. I'd guess by Saturday night you'll find plenty of wadeable water, especially if you're willing to go off the beaten trail.
    Luckily I do have a boat to borrow. His Hyde is at Delaware River Club. But I so love wading the West and just haven't been able to do much the last 2 straight years except float. When flows have been low enough to wade, I've been too busy to get up. Now I have time but the flows suck....but at least it gives me something to wake up and complain about each day. Beats not getting up and not having anything to bitch about.

    A sinking fly is closer to Hell - ​Unknown

  7. #30
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    428
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    69
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    145
    Thanked in
    97 Posts
    Chats
    2
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 1 Time in 1 Post


    Re: An actual fishing report. While you boobs opine about too many drift boats and wh

    Quote Originally Posted by Trout Nazi View Post
    Well, apologize already so that this madness can end. If I wanted to be wet all year, I'd move to Seattle and live among the depressed snowflakes out there.
    Might as well move then. 70% increase in precipitation during major rainfalls in the last 50 years in the northeast. The wettest year on record since the 1800s. Something tells me Rusty apologizing isn't going to make a difference. A drought/deluge cycle (more rain than not) seems to be the new norm. At least the reservoirs are full.


  8. The Following User Says Thank You to mudbug201 For This Useful Post:

    Rusty Spinner (06-20-2019)

  9. #31
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    1060 West Addison, Chicago....
    Posts
    4,479
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,230
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,059
    Thanked in
    713 Posts
    Chats
    4538
    Groans
    30
    Groaned 12 Times in 12 Posts


    Re: An actual fishing report. While you boobs opine about too many drift boats and wh

    Quote Originally Posted by moosekid View Post
    The day was Sunday.

    Drake duns were floating past.

    I was catching more and larger fish than Macfly.



    Attachment 12885
    Attachment 12886
    Your streamer snaggin' buddy caught those, let's be real..
    Nice FISH!!!

    "I'm not out on the river to win." -Kieth Rutherford

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to lightenup For This Useful Post:

    Rusty Spinner (06-20-2019)

  11. #32
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    11,952
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,643
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,111
    Thanked in
    714 Posts
    Chats
    3162
    Groans
    28
    Groaned 33 Times in 33 Posts


    Re: An actual fishing report. While you boobs opine about too many drift boats and wh

    Quote Originally Posted by dcabarle View Post
    Mine must be laced with poison or something. They want nothing to do with my rusty's.
    I’m not gonna lie. This was one from epflies and it was a big iso Spinner size. It looked like a small bird

    "Angling is extremely time consuming. That's sort of the whole point." - Thomas McGuane

  12. #33
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    11,952
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,643
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,111
    Thanked in
    714 Posts
    Chats
    3162
    Groans
    28
    Groaned 33 Times in 33 Posts


    Re: An actual fishing report. While you boobs opine about too many drift boats and wh

    Quote Originally Posted by moosekid View Post
    The day was Sunday.

    Drake duns were floating past.

    I was catching more and larger fish than Macfly.

    Attachment 12885
    Attachment 12886

    You were on the upper Delaware during a drake hatch. Even Dluver can hook a fish in that situation

    "Angling is extremely time consuming. That's sort of the whole point." - Thomas McGuane

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to MACFLY For This Useful Post:

    Rusty Spinner (06-21-2019)

  14. #34
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    new jersey near new york city
    Posts
    6,279
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,488
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,522
    Thanked in
    880 Posts
    Chats
    1105
    Groans
    87
    Groaned 68 Times in 58 Posts


    Re: An actual fishing report. While you boobs opine about too many drift boats and wh

    Have you ever wondered why Mac sells gear more
    often than he catches fish?

    As a matter of fact, Mac publishes more fishing reports than anyone, you just don’t know so easily that you’re reading a fishing report.

    Every rod and reel listed here has been used only once, and blamed for a bad day on the water. So each item for sale is a fishing report from Mac that goes something like this:

    ”I caught nothing. It was the rod’s fault. Scott Radian, only $575.”


  15. The Following User Says Thank You to golden beetle For This Useful Post:

    Rusty Spinner (06-21-2019)

  16. #35
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    11,952
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,643
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,111
    Thanked in
    714 Posts
    Chats
    3162
    Groans
    28
    Groaned 33 Times in 33 Posts


    An actual fishing report. While you boobs opine about too many drift boats and whethe

    Quote Originally Posted by golden beetle View Post
    Have you ever wondered why Mac sells gear more
    often than he catches fish?

    As a matter of fact, Mac publishes more fishing reports than anyone, you just don’t know so easily that you’re reading a fishing report.

    Every rod and reel listed here has been used only once, and blamed for a bad day on the water. So each item for sale is a fishing report from Mac that goes something like this:

    ”I caught nothing. It was the rod’s fault. Scott Radian, only $575.”

    I once had a dickhead pretend to be from Sweden or Norway and try buy a rod from me. He was a total mook. You remind me of him

    "Angling is extremely time consuming. That's sort of the whole point." - Thomas McGuane

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Thread Participants: 11

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •