Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 3 Times in 3 Posts

Long Eddy access harrassment

Anyone else get filmed and harassed by the douche bag at the Long Eddy river access on Ferry Street? The regional Park Ranger dispatch number is 570-426-2457. Apparently they are the law enforcement body responsible for maintaining order. I wish I had this with me on Sunday. I suggest calling the ranger dispatch if douche gives you a hard time or threatens to sic his state trooper brother on your ass. I'm sure the brother has better things to do. I'm not sure he really exists.

btw, I was harassed for "parking." I was not parking.

I do find Long Eddy a generally hostile area.

Similar Threads:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Re: Long Eddy access harrassment

Quote Originally Posted by tompg View Post
    Anyone else get filmed and harassed by the douche bag at the Long Eddy river access on Ferry Street? The regional Park Ranger dispatch number is 570-426-2457. Apparently they are the law enforcement body responsible for maintaining order. I wish I had this with me on Sunday. I suggest calling the ranger dispatch if douche gives you a hard time or threatens to sic his state trooper brother on your ass. I'm sure the brother has better things to do. I'm not sure he really exists.

btw, I was harassed for "parking." I was not parking.

I do find Long Eddy a generally hostile area.
    I heard that there was a concrete barrier placed at ramp without notification. Was planning on going down there on Friday. Did you see it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

no concrete barrier but that would not surprise me. There is a oddly placed lawn tractor and trailer. Looks like litter to me. Maybe someone will do him a favor and take out his trash. they really resent the federal land there. Cliven Bundy wannabees.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by tompg View Post
    no concrete barrier but that would not surprise me. There is a oddly placed lawn tractor and trailer. Looks like litter to me. Maybe someone will do him a favor and take out his trash. they really resent the federal land there. Cliven Bundy wannabees.

Thatís good to hear. Locals donít like the fly fishing gang for sure down there. Time to go to Soaring Eagle.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

A bit of follow up. I talked to a Ranger from the National Park Service. They're aware of the conflict in the area and would like to do something about but they claim their jurisdiction ends at the water's edge. He encouraged me to call the State Police.

I called the state police in Roscoe. They played it pretty tight to the vest and were not interested in an incident that happened in the past. If you are in Long Eddy, or any place using legal access, and being harassed, they may help you out while the harassing is actually happening. I just wanted to get on with my day and when jerk-wad said he'd call the cops, I encouraged him to do so. Too bad it didn't happen. State Police number for as-it's-happening trouble: (845) 256-3000.

Next I reached out the DEC. They were interested but not terribly familiar. The officer took my story, asked me if I'd be willing to send in a formal complaint and is passing my info to the CO who knows the area. If you need the DEC to protect your rights, call (845) 256-3000. Unfortunately that's a work-hours number.

Apparently on Friday someone did place a concrete barrier of some kind to block the access point. State police did acknowledge their awareness of that. The guys from the crime lab are all over it.

I don't trespass so don't expect to be treated like I am. Stand up for your rights or they will go away.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to tompg For This Useful Post:

Rusty Spinner (05-30-2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 9 Times in 9 Posts

So whats the deal down there? Can you still park by the train tracks? I used to park by the tracks, but I don't want some disgruntled yokel messing with my ride home. Parking has slowly been shrinking over the years, whats this guys beef? Do the guides sill park their trailers by the fence? Based on all of the empty bottles I've seen down there, perhaps rolling in with a case of Yaga Sangria and a few extra cats to add to the herd will help smooth the situation out?

Roll up the windows Brian, you're letting the stank out.

Blog Entries
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 13 Times in 12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Trout Nazi View Post
    So whats the deal down there? Can you still park by the train tracks? I used to park by the tracks, but I don't want some disgruntled yokel messing with my ride home. Parking has slowly been shrinking over the years, whats this guys beef? Do the guides sill park their trailers by the fence? Based on all of the empty bottles I've seen down there, perhaps rolling in with a case of Yaga Sangria and a few extra cats to add to the herd will help smooth the situation out?
    Between the 40 of them, they have 10 rotted teeth. I wouldn't trust my car down there. Such a shame because I loved that float.

Be careful with what you leave in your cars (Regardless where you park). Cars are being broken into and... Just last week, a guide with clients was called off the river to talk to the state police about his car being stolen. I felt bad for him and his clients who had to sit in a boat for an hour while he walked up River Road to talk to the troopers for close to an hour. This was Stockport and he was going down to buck at 745pm.

Pictures taken before/after/during fly fishing:
    http://dcabarle.smugmug.com/Sports/F...79119552_XXeHe

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 9 Times in 9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dcabarle View Post
    Between the 40 of them, they have 10 rotted teeth. I wouldn't trust my car down there. Such a shame because I loved that float.

Be careful with what you leave in your cars (Regardless where you park). Cars are being broken into and... Just last week, a guide with clients was called off the river to talk to the state police about his car being stolen. I felt bad for him and his clients who had to sit in a boat for an hour while he walked up River Road to talk to the troopers for close to an hour. This was Stockport and he was going down to buck at 745pm.
    Yea, its my favorite float of all time. That and the Tower Road float. I usually park there and burn some felt humping it up to the top of the Eddy. I've never had problems in the past, but it sounds like the hostility level has increased for some reason. Whats driving this increased level of anger?

Roll up the windows Brian, you're letting the stank out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

Yea, its my favorite float of all time. That and the Tower Road float. I usually park there and burn some felt humping it up to the top of the Eddy. I've never had problems in the past, but it sounds like the hostility level has increased for some reason. Whats driving this increased level of anger?
    Alcohol and low I.Q.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to cingras53 For This Useful Post:

dcabarle (05-31-2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,023 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 26 Times in 25 Posts

I don't know for a fact, but the boat traffic has built up over the years and now the last two seasons, nobody can wade and all are forced to float. That and there are now tons of "new" boat launches all up and down the rivers, more private boats than ever before, and more guides and guide boats than ever before.

But cingras53 may be correct, it's likely just alcohol and low IQ.

A sinking fly is closer to Hell - ​Unknown

Blog Entries
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 13 Times in 12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Spinner View Post
    I don't know for a fact, but the boat traffic has built up over the years and now the last two seasons, nobody can wade and all are forced to float. That and there are now tons of "new" boat launches all up and down the rivers, more private boats than ever before, and more guides and guide boats than ever before.

But cingras53 may be correct, it's likely just alcohol and low IQ.
    When I started fishing the D, I might have seen 3-4 boats a day. With the internet explosion, Everyone who owns a fly rod also own a boat!

Pictures taken before/after/during fly fishing:
    http://dcabarle.smugmug.com/Sports/F...79119552_XXeHe

14. The Following User Says Thank You to dcabarle For This Useful Post:

Rusty Spinner (05-31-2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

on this particular day we saw 2 other fishing boats and few kayaks. With all the folks I've talked to up there, the locals do not like the DEC, the NPS, or people who recreate on the river.

Thread Information