Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,023 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 26 Times in 25 Posts

Re: Long Eddy access harrassment

Quote Originally Posted by dcabarle View Post
    When I started fishing the D, I might have seen 3-4 boats a day. With the internet explosion, Everyone who owns a fly rod also own a boat!
    There are more private boats than guide boats these days! But if NY can't keep the reservoirs anything but full or overflowing, then everyone will have to own a boat to fish up there. I've been thinking about it myself because I have places to keep one up there. Of course, by the time I would pull the trigger, we'd see another 9 year near drought and only the wade anglers are into fish.

A sinking fly is closer to Hell - ​Unknown

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 1 Time in 1 Post

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

Itís kind of asinine on how the residents of Hancock/Long Eddy/Deposit have such hatred towards the fly fishing community.

Our hobby helps boost their small local economy.. we buy gas, food, beer, groceries, fishing supplies, cold cut sandwiches for lunch (witch are god fucking aweful), and etc.

Jobs, even being part time/seasonal jobs are also in demand for the influx of fly fishermen.

If if you read the comments in the post FDUR posted on FB youíll see that the residents are complaining of fishermen leaving garbage, discarding heroin needles and exposing their genitalia to children.. fucking bullshit! Thatís the local residents who are that fucked up and backwards. We as a whole stand for the complete opposite of their complaints!

Also If you are into fly fishing, there is no goddamn way you can afford a drug habit that bad. I rest my case..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Trout Guy View Post
    Itís kind of asinine on how the residents of Hancock/Long Eddy/Deposit have such hatred towards the fly fishing community.

Our hobby helps boost their small local economy.. we buy gas, food, beer, groceries, fishing supplies, cold cut sandwiches for lunch (witch are god fucking aweful), and etc.

Jobs, even being part time/seasonal jobs are also in demand for the influx of fly fishermen.

If if you read the comments in the post FDUR posted on FB youíll see that the residents are complaining of fishermen leaving garbage, discarding heroin needles and exposing their genitalia to children.. fucking bullshit! Thatís the local residents who are that fucked up and backwards. We as a whole stand for the complete opposite of their complaints!

Also If you are into fly fishing, there is no goddamn way you can afford a drug habit that bad. I rest my case..
    You can't fix stupid....low IQ and alcohol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,023 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Trout Guy View Post
    It’s kind of asinine on how the residents of Hancock/Long Eddy/Deposit have such hatred towards the fly fishing community.

If if you read the comments in the post FDUR posted on FB you’ll see that the residents are complaining of fishermen leaving garbage, discarding heroin needles and exposing their genitalia to children.. fucking bullshit! That’s the local residents who are that fucked up and backwards. We as a whole stand for the complete opposite of their complaints!

It's silly jealousy. They feel trapped in their deadend lives and want what they see others having. I saw this for 3 decades or more in north central PA which used to be full of deer hunting camps. The locals always hated the out of towners even though our camps paid taxes so their kids could go to school and they didn't have to deal with congestion all the time since none of the camp owners lived there year round. It's not fellow fly anglers breaking into cars at the launch sites to steal rods and reels and whatever else they can, it's locals with drug problems doing that theft. Crystal meth is the food of choice throughout parts of the Catskills....and it apparently goes down easily with cheap bottles of hooch.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Rusty Spinner For This Useful Post:

falcon (06-07-2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

from the FUDR Facebook thread on this subject, I've found the simpleton who filmed me. This is the guy: https://www.facebook.com/hillriegel

According to Zillow, the house is for sale. If you happen to have FU money, this would be a great place to spend it. I'd offer him 1/2 the asking price due to all the aholes from NJ who can't read that like to visit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,023 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by tompg View Post
    from the FUDR Facebook thread on this subject, I've found the simpleton who filmed me. This is the guy: https://www.facebook.com/hillriegel

According to Zillow, the house is for sale. If you happen to have FU money, this would be a great place to spend it. I'd offer him 1/2 the asking price due to all the aholes from NJ who can't read that like to visit.
    Looks like he can't hold a job, hence why the house if for sale. He was last in Hawthorne, NJ working in heavy equipment only last year. Now he's on a pipeline job somewhere and selling the home I would assume he recently purchased if he moved from NJ to NY recently.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 28 Times in 28 Posts

Maybe you guys just bring the worst out in people

To look good is to fish good

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Spinner View Post
    There are more private boats than guide boats these days! But if NY can't keep the reservoirs anything but full or overflowing, then everyone will have to own a boat to fish up there. I've been thinking about it myself because I have places to keep one up there. Of course, by the time I would pull the trigger, we'd see another 9 year near drought and only the wade anglers are into fish.
    ill sell you mine. Im getting more into synchronized swimming instead of fishing

10. The Following User Says Thank You to WBDluver For This Useful Post:

Rusty Spinner (06-07-2019)

Blog Entries
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 13 Times in 12 Posts

A while back I was going to sell my Pontoon boat because the drift boat is so much better to float with but at the end of a day of fishing, I think it's much easier to drag your pontoon boat up the bank, deflate, shove into the back of the car than wait in a 10 boat line of other people getting their cars, unloading their boats, and 40 minutes later you have to rush so the other 6 boats behind you aren't inconvenience. Welcome to the upper D.

I think I might sell my Drift boat. It's just not what it used to be.

I took the day off on Tuesday to fish the upper D. I had at least 12 boats pass by me (ON A TUESDAY!!!!).

Pictures taken before/after/during fly fishing:
    http://dcabarle.smugmug.com/Sports/F...79119552_XXeHe

12. The Following User Says Thank You to dcabarle For This Useful Post:

Rusty Spinner (06-07-2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

Pipe down Dcabarle, It will calm down in a month or two, and im sure you will be front and center at the Edison Flyfishing show attending the "fishing the Delaware river system" seminar. Along with all the other Simms shirt, ball cap with sunglasses on top attendees.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 9 Times in 9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dcabarle View Post
    A while back I was going to sell my Pontoon boat because the drift boat is so much better to float with but at the end of a day of fishing, I think it's much easier to drag your pontoon boat up the bank, deflate, shove into the back of the car than wait in a 10 boat line of other people getting their cars, unloading their boats, and 40 minutes later you have to rush so the other 6 boats behind you aren't inconvenience. Welcome to the upper D.

I think I might sell my Drift boat. It's just not what it used to be.

I took the day off on Tuesday to fish the upper D. I had at least 12 boats pass by me (ON A TUESDAY!!!!).
    Was up there on Monday, lots of boats also. Was amateur hour, half of the boats were floating through where they were supposed to be casting, which is the good part I guess. They leave a lot of fish on the table. I thought about getting a boat for a while, but it just doesn't make sense anymore. I only know one other guy that fishes and I don't get up there enough to justify it. Plus my amateur rowing ass is gonna be bumper-boating the other 5000 boats the entire way down. Also been doing all right wading when flows aren't biblical. This Long-Eddy parking situation is pissing me off though, since that was one of my favorite spots. Maybe I need to go Heisenberg and become their meth Don.

Roll up the windows Brian, you're letting the stank out.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trout Nazi For This Useful Post:

Rusty Spinner (06-07-2019), tompg (06-07-2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

My OnX map says the property on upstream side is owned by Donna Savage and on the downstream side the Delaware Highlands conservancy. It also shows public access but its just a lane going down to the water, no parking area?

Thread Information