Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    692 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 12 Times in 12 Posts

Simms waders

So, I was pushing Simms Freestone waders here a while ago....I bought a pair, they lasted 2 and a half years, so I bought another pair(shouldn't have, should have sent them back to Simms), anyway, my new pair started leaking after a year and a month, sent them back to Simms. They offered a new pair for free, I said, no thanks they are not very reliable, so they offered my choice of new waders, just by paying the difference, So I have a brand new pair pf SIMMS G3 pants waders coming in the mail, free priorty shipping, and a $30.00 discount!!!! I'll be back on the water next week. Good warranty over there!

Similar Threads:
    "I'm not out on the river to win." -Kieth Rutherford

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    298 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 3 Times in 3 Posts

Re: Simms waders

Why you cheap bastard!

Yea, Simm's is good that way. I had a pair of Freestone's that I wore the shit out of and sent them back for a repair and they sent me a new pair no charge. In the interim I bought a pair of G3's so as not to be without so now I have a brandy new pair in the box in the event I have a major disaster.
    Remember that now with the Gortex pair you are getting, you can make all the small repairs yourself. Get a tube of Aquaseal, a spray bottle and pint of rubbing alcohol. Go to the Simms repair videos and fix any leak overnight.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to FIN-ITE 34 For This Useful Post:

lightenup (2 Weeks Ago)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lightenup View Post
    So, I was pushing Simms Freestone waders here a while ago....I bought a pair, they lasted 2 and a half years, so I bought another pair(shouldn't have, should have sent them back to Simms), anyway, my new pair started leaking after a year and a month, sent them back to Simms. They offered a new pair for free, I said, no thanks they are not very reliable, so they offered my choice of new waders, just by paying the difference, So I have a brand new pair pf SIMMS G3 pants waders coming in the mail, free priorty shipping, and a $30.00 discount!!!! I'll be back on the water next week. Good warranty over there!
    So, Simms got you to buy a more expensive pair of waders (original cost plus difference for upgrade) because the original pair had a leak. Nice marketing step! Well, the 30% discount is nice and I probably would have done the same thing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    692 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 12 Times in 12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by njcaddis View Post
    So, Simms got you to buy a more expensive pair of waders (original cost plus difference for upgrade) because the original pair had a leak. Nice marketing step! Well, the 30% discount is nice and I probably would have done the same thing.
    they didn't offer, I asked as I am thinking my freestones would leak in a year or two as well and the g3s are a better product, and now I have 450 dollar waders and the wife thinks they were 225..😉

"I'm not out on the river to win." -Kieth Rutherford

Thread Information