Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    693 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 33 Times in 33 Posts

Upper D on Thursday

Floated on Thursday with my brother. River was up again from previous evenings rain event. Paraleps and Hendricksonís on the water starting around 1pm. The fish were clearly not looking up. Water temp around 45 degrees on a day where the sun struggled to break through the clouds. Chucked streamers all day and managed to move some fish. My brother is new to flyfishing and had a blast hooking 3 but unable to land them. I managed a solid Brown to the boat and later a size 4 drink and disorderly altered its flight path and buried itself in the meaty part of my hand. Kudos to the guide who executed the mono extraction procedure about as flawlessly as it can be done. Great to hang with my brother. Canít wait to get him on the water when the hatch is happening and we have fish looking up. Given my travel schedule I will not see a hatch until mid May unless I play hooky. Another year and the fish gods have denied me a chance to fish the Hendrickson hatch. Oh well