Simms
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 27

Thread: Some asshole...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Roselle Park, New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    5,500
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    754
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,055
    Thanked in
    507 Posts
    Chats
    1328
    Groans
    17
    Groaned 13 Times in 12 Posts


    Some asshole...

    I visited an old NJ Stream I used to fish for the first time the other day in the freezing cold. I haven't fished in months because shit happens. So when the opportunity knocked, I put all of my warm shit in the car along with my fishing stuff and took the hour ride. I counted 5 people who had the same idea I had except for 1 thing. I was looking for solitude. So what do I do? I walk downstream for a while until I see only 1 guy about 3 football fields away and start nymphing. Now I don't like to brag but I banged out 6-7 decent 12 - 14" trout out of the few pools I fished. I was having a blast!

    I'm having a great day but I notice this guy creeping up slowly; then he starts watching. I can feel what's going to happen because he see's that I'm catching fish and he's not. What happens next? The guy says hello then stands a pubic hair away from me and starts casting upstream right in front of me! What an asshole! I just packed up and left because I already had my fun but WTF happened to etiquette?

    Anyway, I get home and see if maybe he's a friend of a friend on Facebook and I find him here!

    CLICK HERE to the turds facebook page

    If you're friends with this guy, I feel sorry for you.

    If you see this guy, run for the hills or at least pretend you're not catching any fish near him.

    Similar Threads:
    Pictures taken before/after/during fly fishing:
    http://dcabarle.smugmug.com/Sports/F...79119552_XXeHe

  2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to dcabarle For This Useful Post:

    CTobias (08-28-2018), flyI4 (02-11-2018), GARYB (03-01-2018), hatchman (02-09-2018), MACFLY (02-08-2018), Pete (02-08-2018), Trout Nazi (02-14-2018)

  3. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    11,854
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,612
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,077
    Thanked in
    693 Posts
    Chats
    3100
    Groans
    28
    Groaned 33 Times in 33 Posts


    Re: Some asshole...

    Lies!!!!!

    I am in London & I am going to file a libel suit when I return. Donnie Trump said he will crack down on this fake news.

    "Angling is extremely time consuming. That's sort of the whole point." - Thomas McGuane

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to MACFLY For This Useful Post:

    CTobias (08-28-2018)

  5. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    631
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    84
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    153
    Thanked in
    107 Posts
    Chats
    279
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 1 Time in 1 Post


    Re: Some asshole...

    I should've known this was a fictional piece when you mentioned catching several fish....

    ...haven't fished Jersey in several years...

    you know what they say -- facebook stalking is the sincerest form of flattery

    Lacey: Where'd you get that pistol?
    Blevins: At the gettin' place.

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to moosekid For This Useful Post:

    CTobias (08-28-2018), WBDluver (02-12-2018)

  7. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Afton NY/Deposit NY
    Posts
    271
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    79
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    71
    Thanked in
    47 Posts
    Chats
    2
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts


    Re: Some asshole...

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	701EE4B1-A5D5-49A5-89AD-9C41D706E162.jpeg 
Views:	97 
Size:	146.6 KB 
ID:	12696I thought it was real at first too. Don’t be disheartened opening day at Saxton FAlls is just around the corner! Living The Dream ! Lol!
    Mac’s the third guy from the left with his secret weapon , the red Devil spoon with each hook of the treble hook tipped with power bait and salmon eggs, he’ll have that
    Stringer filled before noon! Lol!


  8. The Following User Says Thank You to hatchman For This Useful Post:

    Rusty Spinner (02-09-2018)

  9. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,049
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    229
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    554
    Thanked in
    376 Posts
    Chats
    54
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 9 Times in 9 Posts


    Re: Some asshole...

    Quote Originally Posted by dcabarle View Post
    I visited an old NJ Stream I used to fish for the first time the other day in the freezing cold. I haven't fished in months because shit happens. So when the opportunity knocked, I put all of my warm shit in the car along with my fishing stuff and took the hour ride. I counted 5 people who had the same idea I had except for 1 thing. I was looking for solitude. So what do I do? I walk downstream for a while until I see only 1 guy about 3 football fields away and start nymphing. Now I don't like to brag but I banged out 6-7 decent 12 - 14" trout out of the few pools I fished. I was having a blast!

    I'm having a great day but I notice this guy creeping up slowly; then he starts watching. I can feel what's going to happen because he see's that I'm catching fish and he's not. What happens next? The guy says hello then stands a pubic hair away from me and starts casting upstream right in front of me! What an asshole! I just packed up and left because I already had my fun but WTF happened to etiquette?

    Anyway, I get home and see if maybe he's a friend of a friend on Facebook and I find him here!

    CLICK HERE to the turds facebook page

    If you're friends with this guy, I feel sorry for you.

    If you see this guy, run for the hills or at least pretend you're not catching any fish near him.
    I have a standard response to this type of intrusion. This was done to me again last year, while I was trying to show my son how to roll cast. We got up and left, but not before lobbing a bunch of huge boulders into the run we were just fishing. And quietly I told the guy that if he followed us, he'd be joining the rocks.

    Roll up the windows Brian, you're letting the stank out.

  10. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Hamlin Pa/Deposit NY
    Posts
    3,220
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    982
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    850
    Thanked in
    625 Posts
    Chats
    3358
    Groans
    11
    Groaned 28 Times in 28 Posts


    Re: Some asshole...

    So i have to know, did Catskill Mountain Man follow you or not?

    To look good is to fish good

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WBDluver For This Useful Post:

    CTobias (08-28-2018), Trout Nazi (02-15-2018)

  12. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,049
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    229
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    554
    Thanked in
    376 Posts
    Chats
    54
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 9 Times in 9 Posts


    Re: Some asshole...

    Quote Originally Posted by WBDluver View Post
    So i have to know, did Catskill Mountain Man follow you or not?
    He hasn't been posting, coincidence? I'm protective when I'm with the kids, mama bear claws.

    Roll up the windows Brian, you're letting the stank out.

  13. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Unadilla, New York
    Posts
    5,213
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    690
    Thanked in
    491 Posts
    Chats
    683
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 24 Times in 22 Posts


    1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

    Re: Some asshole...

    Quote Originally Posted by dcabarle View Post
    So I just got out of the clink. 6 days in county jail...
    Imagine my surprise when DC posted this...
    All the years of complaining about how much I fished and the money I spent...
    And then, there it is, my wife's facebook page.
    She was secretly fly fishing while she bitched at me for doing it...
    So we got into it. One thing led to another...
    Court next month.
    Divorce court soon after that, I suppose.

    DC, thanks for the head's up. I owe you one.

    John
    Some circumstantial evidence is very strong, as when you find a trout in the milk.--Henry David Thoreau

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Future Fanatic For This Useful Post:

    dcabarle (03-01-2018)

  15. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    968
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    237
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    106
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Chats
    0
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts


    1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

    Re: Some asshole...

    Very funny, I don't fish in the winter.....lol


  16. The Following User Says Thank You to GARYB For This Useful Post:

    dcabarle (04-21-2018)

  17. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    440
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    23
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    64
    Thanked in
    50 Posts
    Chats
    42
    Groans
    16
    Groaned 92 Times in 91 Posts


    1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

    Re: Some asshole...

    Sorry Dennis was just looking for website tips to get GST up again

    http://www.gardenstatetrout.com
    The sunken ship has risen! Come join the rats!

  18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Twism For This Useful Post:

    CTobias (08-28-2018), dcabarle (04-21-2018)

  19. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    1060 West Addison, Chicago....
    Posts
    4,395
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,204
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,023
    Thanked in
    688 Posts
    Chats
    4440
    Groans
    30
    Groaned 12 Times in 12 Posts


    Re: Some asshole...

    I have my Big Green Machine from when I was a kid, can I join the club?

    "I'm not out on the river to win." -Kieth Rutherford

  20. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,049
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    229
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    554
    Thanked in
    376 Posts
    Chats
    54
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 9 Times in 9 Posts


    Re: Some asshole...

    Quote Originally Posted by lightenup View Post
    I have my Big Green Machine from when I was a kid, can I join the club?
    You don’t want to be in my club, I’m not one of the cool kids, more like the burnout hanging out in the back of the school smoking. I think the Beavers club is more your speed. Maybe he’ll take you on one of his stream report missions, where he does a lot of talking and no catching. He gets cred though for doing it all on that ratted out Ninja.

    Roll up the windows Brian, you're letting the stank out.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Thread Participants: 13

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •