Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    451 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 35 Times in 24 Posts

Neversink Gorge: LOST FLY ROD & REEL

Dear NEFF,

I am just reaching out to you in regards to a lost fly rod and reel. On Saturday April 25th, my buddy and I parked at the Katrina Falls Road parking lot, entering from Rock Hill. Upon returning to our vehicle at 2:45pm, I placed my fly rod and reel on top of the vehicle to take my waders off. As I did this, flashbacks of my dad putting his size 13 boot up my ass were extremely vivid for doing this when I first BEGAN fly fishing.

At exit 119 on 17E, we pulled into the Valero to refuel and that is when we realized I was missing my fly rod and reel. We quickly turned around and headed back to the lot but it was nowhere to be found. I scanned the sides of the road to no avail. I am hoping a Good Samaritan has it in his or her possession awaiting contact information

The rod is a 10’ 5 weight G-Loomis Streamdance GLX.
    The reel is a bronze Galvan T-5 with WF Shark Skin fly line. Next to the foot of the reel seat I carved in my initials, “C.T.”

If you have in possession or know anything about the fly rod and reel above please call/text me at:
    862-268-0321

Or email me at:
    Cdtakacs1@gmail.com

Thank you very much for your time.

Best,
    Christopher Takacs

Similar Threads:
    FOR THE HATERS, HOW TO FISH BEADS!!!!!

http://www.njflyfishing.com/vBulleti...sssssssss.html

Blog Entries
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    716 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 33 Times in 33 Posts

Re: Neversink Gorge: LOST FLY ROD & REEL

Dude hope it gets returned. 2 years ago I put my zenith on top of truck after a late night fishing the brodheads. Tired and in a rush to get home I forgot. Drove out onto 191 and heard it fall off. By the time I had pulled over 2 trucks driver the rod. Reel was intact and bottom of rod ok top2 sections not so much. Good luck
    Quote Originally Posted by Simms View Post
    Dear NEFF,

I am just reaching out to you in regards to a lost fly rod and reel. On Saturday April 25th, my buddy and I parked at the Katrina Falls Road parking lot, entering from Rock Hill. Upon returning to our vehicle at 2:45pm, I placed my fly rod and reel on top of the vehicle to take my waders off. As I did this, flashbacks of my dad putting his size 13 boot up my ass were extremely vivid for doing this when I first BEGAN fly fishing.

At exit 119 on 17E, we pulled into the Valero to refuel and that is when we realized I was missing my fly rod and reel. We quickly turned around and headed back to the lot but it was nowhere to be found. I scanned the sides of the road to no avail. I am hoping a Good Samaritan has it in his or her possession awaiting contact information

The reel is a bronze Galvan T-5 with WF Shark Skin fly line. Next to the foot of the reel seat I carved in my initials, “C.T.”

If you have in possession or know anything about the fly rod and reel above please call/text me at:
    862-268-0321

Or email me at:
    Cdtakacs1@gmail.com

Best,
    Christopher Takacs

"Angling is extremely time consuming. That's sort of the whole point." - Thomas McGuane

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    451 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

Mac,

Thank you man.

I went back as quick as I could. Prob 20-25 minutes from time rod fell off to the time I got back.

It's only really hikers and fly fishermen there so I'm hoping someone is kind enough to return it.

I left notes on all cars present as well as structure with the maps/regulations.

Crossing my fingers.

Thanks, Mac.

Best,

Chris

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 28 Times in 28 Posts

it might not have fallen off in the parking lot. Sorry to hear.

To look good is to fish good

Blog Entries
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 9 Times in 8 Posts

That sucks I hope you get your gear back. The first thing I always do is put my rod away and reel away. I don't like leaving a rod on the car or leaning against a tree. I am afraid it will fall and I don't want my reel to get scratched because it fell off the car. I have left sunglasses on the top of my car never a rod. That is a harsh lesson to learn. We get this post every year. Check with the local fly shops it is a start.

"Hatchery fish have the same colors, but they always seem muted like bad reproductions of great art." Bill Barich

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 6 Times in 6 Posts

Dear NEFF,

862-268-0321

Or email me at:
    Cdtakacs1@gmail.com

Best,
    Christopher Takacs

Its mine now dick head. Just got back from a trip there made sure to go nice and early after I saw this post last night. Shame, its nice rod too. I'll put it to good use don't worry. Stay outta my gorge

"...,he who does not put a padlock on his basket ought to put one on his mouth"
    The Practical Angler
    C.W. Stewart
    Circa 1847

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    451 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Catskill Mountain Man View Post
    Its mine now dick head. Just got back from a trip there made sure to go nice and early after I saw this post last night. Shame, its nice rod too. I'll put it to good use don't worry. Stay outta my gorge

No problem, buddy!

How does that rod and reel feel? Must feel nice to hold something that costs more than your month's salary.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 6 Times in 6 Posts

stay out of my gorge

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	l05b03443-m0xd-w640_h480_q80.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	43.3 KB 
ID:	11616  
    "...,he who does not put a padlock on his basket ought to put one on his mouth"
    The Practical Angler
    C.W. Stewart
    Circa 1847

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 5 Times in 5 Posts

No problem, buddy!

How does that rod and reel feel? Must feel nice to hold something that costs more than your month's salary.
    months salary? I thought he drove a forklift.. pretty sure your set up is worth more than a few paychecks for that peckerhead..

Sorry to hear about the rod/reel.. try giving the nearest fly shop a call as often good dudes turn lost items in..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    265 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 5 Times in 5 Posts

I was following my father out of a fishing spot last week when I noticed his rod on the top of his truck. Luckily I stopped him before it fell. Before Ido anything iI always put my rod in the truck. Then before I drove off I make sure I did. I'm kinda ocd like that.

Beads? We don't need no stinkin beads.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 1 Time in 1 Post

I can't remember where I picked up this idea, but I put my rod right on the windshield as soon as I get to the car, in plain view of the driver's seat. I usually see it again as I walk to the driver's door. If I ever make it as far as sitting in the seat, I imagine I would see it again before starting the car. Sorry it won't help this time. Good luck with the rod. Feuds with CMM not withstanding, making fun of a working man for how much he brings home sucks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by strike proof View Post
    . Feuds with CMM not withstanding, making fun of a working man for how much he brings home sucks.
    It does. But the bright side is that he was simultaneously bragging about having left a stupidly expensive rod and reel on top of his car. Which is a hilarious thing to brag about.

We've all done it. I left a rod in the x-ray machine at JFK security. (Got that one back a month later.) I capsized my canoe in the main stem and sent one down the river. Pieces of it are probably in Port Jervis and Easton. I snapped another one by rolling up the window of my car. Bill Dance has nothing on me.

I now compensate for my stupidity with my cheapness. Lose a rod, buy another one.

Thread Information