Hatch Outdoors
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 13 to 21 of 21
  1. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Unadilla, New York
    Posts
    5,165
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 648 Times in 463 Posts
    Chats
    680
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 23 Times in 21 Posts


    1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

    Re: Where is everyone?

    Quote Originally Posted by TR View Post
    ---------

    A: Everyone is at Balls Eddy.


    Attachment 12485


    Kind regards and tight lines!
    Good to see that the current flows really spreads people out within the system.

    John
    Some circumstantial evidence is very strong, as when you find a trout in the milk.--Henry David Thoreau

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Future Fanatic For This Useful Post:

    dcabarle (05-22-2017)

  3. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Roselle Park, New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    5,426
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    697
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 486 Posts
    Chats
    1290
    Groans
    19
    Groaned 13 Times in 12 Posts


    Re: Where is everyone?

    Quote Originally Posted by Future Fanatic View Post
    Good to see that the current flows really spreads people out within the system.
    I was going to respond with something similar. I was on the Mainstem on Saturday. I've never seen so many inexperienced people in drift boats These cretins are clearly from the Saxton Falls opening day area. They rudely pull up right next to you, KURPLUNK, spook all the fish I've been watching, wait a minute or two, look at you and say, "No bugs, no fish", then pull up the anchor and splash away downstream because they don't know how to row. Fucking idiots.

    I'm thinking if you have a hundred bux in your pocket, you can rent a drift boat. There seems to be an endless supply of idiots who think they know how to fish and to add to the misery, they think they what they're doing.

    Pictures taken before/after/during fly fishing:
    http://dcabarle.smugmug.com/Sports/F...79119552_XXeHe

  4. #15
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    central n.j.
    Posts
    326
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Chats
    0
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts


    Re: Where is everyone?

    I have fished the WB and Mainstem for 25 years, and this is the first year that I did not fish the Hendrickson hatch. It used to be that safe wading on the WB was considered to be 500 cfs or less.... now resorts are pushing 1000 cfs as "wadeable".
    It is also the first year that I have not read a single positive fishing report on this site...I wonder what's going on??


  5. #16
    TR's Avatar
    TR is offline "You can observe a lot just by watching." Y. Berra
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    500
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 139 Times in 93 Posts
    Chats
    0
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts


    Re: Where is everyone?

    Quote Originally Posted by oasis man View Post
    *
    -------

    You needed a boat this year.

    Look at the attached chart.

    Since April 1 2017 through today - May 22nd - a total of 52 days - the West Branch at Hale Eddy USGS - was over the 52 year median (orange triangles) 89% of the time.

    eg:
    46 days out of 52 days.

    Tight lines.
    TR

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	automall.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	48.1 KB 
ID:	12486Click image for larger version. 

Name:	052217_A.png 
Views:	15 
Size:	75.3 KB 
ID:	12487


  6. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Hoboken
    Posts
    623
    Thanks
    106
    Thanked 185 Times in 130 Posts
    Chats
    11
    Groans
    6
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts


    Re: Where is everyone?

    Quote Originally Posted by oasis man View Post
    I have fished the WB and Mainstem for 25 years, and this is the first year that I did not fish the Hendrickson hatch. It used to be that safe wading on the WB was considered to be 500 cfs or less.... now resorts are pushing 1000 cfs as "wadeable".
    It is also the first year that I have not read a single positive fishing report on this site...I wonder what's going on??
    I'm sure it's all good. People just bitch alot. About everything. It gets worst every year.


  7. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,026
    Thanks
    223
    Thanked 537 Times in 368 Posts
    Chats
    54
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 9 Times in 9 Posts


    Re: Where is everyone?

    Quote Originally Posted by emoussa View Post
    I'm sure it's all good. People just bitch alot. About everything. It gets worst every year.
    It was crowded this weekend. Even when its crowded, there are places to wade, but require a little sweat and creativity to get to. This weekend I had to fish where everyone else was (not on the WB) because of accessibility and easy wading. I still caught fish though, but had to work a little harder. That mid-day spinner fall helped though.

    Roll up the windows Brian, you're letting the stank out.

  8. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Unadilla, New York
    Posts
    5,165
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 648 Times in 463 Posts
    Chats
    680
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 23 Times in 21 Posts


    Re: Where is everyone?

    Quote Originally Posted by emoussa View Post
    I'm sure it's all good. People just bitch alot. About everything. It gets worst every year.
    Cabarle!!!
    Did you read what he said about you?!?!

    John
    Some circumstantial evidence is very strong, as when you find a trout in the milk.--Henry David Thoreau

  9. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wasilla, Alaska
    Posts
    4,206
    Thanks
    1,072
    Thanked 872 Times in 539 Posts
    Chats
    813
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 25 Times in 25 Posts


    Re: Where is everyone?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Spinner View Post
    Dry fly action has not set the world on fire so far this spring, at least locally.

    Now when you say "dry fly", do you mean bobbers? Bobbers and bait usually work well for me.

    Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
    Mark Twain

    http://www.savebristolbay.org/

    REAL FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS SPOON FEED

    http://www.roehard.com

    http://www.glsteelheadco.com




  10. The Following User Says Thank You to CTobias For This Useful Post:

    Rusty Spinner (05-25-2017)

  11. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wasilla, Alaska
    Posts
    4,206
    Thanks
    1,072
    Thanked 872 Times in 539 Posts
    Chats
    813
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 25 Times in 25 Posts


    Re: Where is everyone?

    Quote Originally Posted by dcabarle View Post
    I was going to respond with something similar. I was on the Mainstem on Saturday. I've never seen so many inexperienced people in drift boats These cretins are clearly from the Saxton Falls opening day area. They rudely pull up right next to you, KURPLUNK, spook all the fish I've been watching, wait a minute or two, look at you and say, "No bugs, no fish", then pull up the anchor and splash away downstream because they don't know how to row. Fucking idiots.

    I'm thinking if you have a hundred bux in your pocket, you can rent a drift boat. There seems to be an endless supply of idiots who think they know how to fish and to add to the misery, they think they what they're doing.
    Sooo...what you're saying is you want me to drag my jet sled back there and run the river?

    Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
    Mark Twain

    http://www.savebristolbay.org/

    REAL FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS SPOON FEED

    http://www.roehard.com

    http://www.glsteelheadco.com




Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Thread Participants: 9

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •