Delaware River Club
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 13 to 24 of 33
  1. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    365
    Thanks
    54
    Thanked 111 Times in 74 Posts
    Chats
    1
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 1 Time in 1 Post


    Re: Delaware River Crisis Looms

    Quote Originally Posted by mudbug201 View Post
    Looks like we're headed back to the Reagan era. No deal means they'll drain the river tomorrow. Good bye West Branch:

    https://www.usnews.com/news/best-sta...are-river-plan

    Amazing to me that if you look at the websites of all the major outfitters up there, it's like this isn't even happening. Rather than sound the alarm with their wealthy clients, many of whom live in NYC or NJ and could have been putting pressure on their elected officials over the past months, they've chosen to ignore it and hope for the best.

    Instead they've now got the worst. This sucks for the guides and the local businesses: their season is over.

    The clock is still ticking on the Upper Delaware, thanks to spilling reservoirs. But the system's days are numbered.

    If you're a Jersey resident, take a minute today to give these guys a call:

    NJ DEP Commisioner Bob Martin
    609-292-2885

    Dan Kennedy NJ DEP:
    609-292-4543

    Chris Christie:
    (609) 292-6000


  2. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    42
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    Chats
    0
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 1 Time in 1 Post



  3. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Unadilla, New York
    Posts
    5,165
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 648 Times in 463 Posts
    Chats
    680
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 23 Times in 21 Posts


    Re: Delaware River Crisis Looms

    Quote Originally Posted by mudbug201 View Post
    The clock is still ticking on the Upper Delaware, thanks to spilling reservoirs. But the system's days are numbered.
    A bit of hyperbole, huh?

    Why not give us De Blasio's #... couldn't he save the system and the economy of the region? I mean, you've already given him a jingle, yes?

    John
    Some circumstantial evidence is very strong, as when you find a trout in the milk.--Henry David Thoreau

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Future Fanatic For This Useful Post:

    Rusty Spinner (06-05-2017)

  5. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    365
    Thanks
    54
    Thanked 111 Times in 74 Posts
    Chats
    1
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 1 Time in 1 Post


    Re: Delaware River Crisis Looms

    Quote Originally Posted by Future Fanatic View Post
    A bit of hyperbole, huh?

    Why not give us De Blasio's #... couldn't he save the system and the economy of the region? I mean, you've already given him a jingle, yes?
    As usual, I don't get the innuendo. But yeah, I called the NYC DEP people as well. NJ is clearly the one holding up a new agreement at this point, though, and this site's url is... ah forget it.


  6. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Flanders, NJ
    Posts
    5,862
    Thanks
    1,931
    Thanked 1,540 Times in 979 Posts
    Chats
    1864
    Groans
    3
    Groaned 23 Times in 22 Posts


    Re: Delaware River Crisis Looms

    Quote Originally Posted by mudbug201 View Post
    The clock is still ticking on the Upper Delaware, thanks to spilling reservoirs. But the system's days are numbered.
    Ah yes, everyone remember when Revision 1 was first implemented and 100% of the wild brown and rainbow trout were killed off as a direct result? I don't either.....

    A sinking fly is closer to Hell - ​Unknown

  7. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    365
    Thanks
    54
    Thanked 111 Times in 74 Posts
    Chats
    1
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 1 Time in 1 Post


    Re: Delaware River Crisis Looms

    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Spinner View Post
    Ah yes, everyone remember when Revision 1 was first implemented and 100% of the wild brown and rainbow trout were killed off as a direct result? I don't either.....
    Jeez. You guys are like the exaggeration police.


  8. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    365
    Thanks
    54
    Thanked 111 Times in 74 Posts
    Chats
    1
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 1 Time in 1 Post


    Re: Delaware River Crisis Looms

    Quote Originally Posted by mudbug201 View Post
    Jeez. You guys are like the exaggeration police.
    In other news, I netted several football-shaped rainbows in the high teens this weekend up on said doomed river system, and at least one brown trout of roughly the same dimensions.

    No exaggeration there. Just some strategic vagueness.

    How'd you guys do?

    (And please don't tell me you stayed home in your office chairs and clucked your tongues at blog posts while the green drakes were popping on the west branch... I don't think I could take the pathos.)


  9. The Following User Says Thank You to mudbug201 For This Useful Post:

    Thursthouse (06-06-2017)

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    11,739
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    1,522
    Thanked 1,022 Times in 655 Posts
    Chats
    2976
    Groans
    25
    Groaned 30 Times in 30 Posts


    Re: Delaware River Crisis Looms

    Quote Originally Posted by mudbug201 View Post
    As usual, I don't get the innuendo. But yeah, I called the NYC DEP people as well. NJ is clearly the one holding up a new agreement at this point, though, and this site's url is... ah forget it.
    Holding up a new agreement??? Which new agreement would this be?

    "Angling is extremely time consuming. That's sort of the whole point." - Thomas McGuane

  11. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Flanders, NJ
    Posts
    5,862
    Thanks
    1,931
    Thanked 1,540 Times in 979 Posts
    Chats
    1864
    Groans
    3
    Groaned 23 Times in 22 Posts


    Re: Delaware River Crisis Looms

    Quote Originally Posted by mudbug201 View Post
    Jeez. You guys are like the exaggeration police.
    You said the system's days are numbered and we're the exaggerators?

    A sinking fly is closer to Hell - ​Unknown

  12. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Flanders, NJ
    Posts
    5,862
    Thanks
    1,931
    Thanked 1,540 Times in 979 Posts
    Chats
    1864
    Groans
    3
    Groaned 23 Times in 22 Posts


    Re: Delaware River Crisis Looms

    Quote Originally Posted by mudbug201 View Post
    Jeez. You guys are like the exaggeration police.
    You said the system's days are numbered and we're the exaggerators?


    Quote Originally Posted by mudbug201 View Post
    How'd you guys do?

    (And please don't tell me you stayed home in your office chairs and clucked your tongues at blog posts while the green drakes were popping on the west branch... I don't think I could take the pathos.)
    Headed up on Thursday. Floating Friday and Saturday and wading Sunday if the rivers are wadeable by then. It's another river blowout this week with all the rains that keep coming our way. But I can't complain because we desperately needed it and more!

    A sinking fly is closer to Hell - ​Unknown

  13. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    365
    Thanks
    54
    Thanked 111 Times in 74 Posts
    Chats
    1
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 1 Time in 1 Post


    Re: Delaware River Crisis Looms

    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Spinner View Post
    You said the system's days are numbered and we're the exaggerators?
    Uh... the exaggeration police, as in, you were policing exaggeration? (Simms = fashion police, etc.)


    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Spinner View Post
    Headed up on Thursday. Floating Friday and Saturday and wading Sunday if the rivers are wadeable by then. It's another river blowout this week with all the rains that keep coming our way. But I can't complain because we desperately needed it and more!
    I like your attitude. Plenty of complainers up there already. I'm planning to be on the river as well next weekend. It's all about that rain in the forecast on Friday. If it's a steady half-inch I'm not worried, but if it's more thunderstorms, then we'll be chucking streamers through the chocolate milk all weekend.

    Anyway, too much of a good thing is still a good thing. Last year at this time the trout had already moved out of most of the water I fish.


  14. The Following User Says Thank You to mudbug201 For This Useful Post:

    Rusty Spinner (06-07-2017)

  15. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Flanders, NJ
    Posts
    5,862
    Thanks
    1,931
    Thanked 1,540 Times in 979 Posts
    Chats
    1864
    Groans
    3
    Groaned 23 Times in 22 Posts


    Re: Delaware River Crisis Looms

    Quote Originally Posted by mudbug201 View Post
    Uh... the exaggeration police, as in, you were policing exaggeration? (Simms = fashion police, etc.)




    I like your attitude. Plenty of complainers up there already. I'm planning to be on the river as well next weekend. It's all about that rain in the forecast on Friday. If it's a steady half-inch I'm not worried, but if it's more thunderstorms, then we'll be chucking streamers through the chocolate milk all weekend.

    Anyway, too much of a good thing is still a good thing. Last year at this time the trout had already moved out of most of the water I fish.
    My wife made me turn the heat back on in the house last night. No complaints about cold, wet weather this year. But I could use 2,000 cfs less water up there by tomorrow if that's not too much to ask...

    A sinking fly is closer to Hell - ​Unknown

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Thread Participants: 13

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •