Hatch Outdoors
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Thanks
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 12 Times in 12 Posts

Re: Will be in the Roscoe and Monticello area for a few days next week

Quote Originally Posted by MrJesse34 View Post
    That sounds most excellent! Hoping the weather holds out for us all. We are trying to see if we can talk moosekid into meeting us for some Neversink gorge fishing either Fri or Sat.
    I wouldn't......he has a dog and several women that follow him around, It's a bit unnerving when you are trying to fish.....P.S. the dog will try to hump you before any of his women...

"I'm not out on the river to win." -Kieth Rutherford

Thanks
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 1 Time in 1 Post

Meat flies and sinking lines look to be on the menu this weekend on the tailwaters. Reservoirs are currently spilling, after 2 inches of rain came out of nowhere two nights ago, and there's another inch+ forecast for Friday and Saturday.

Would be great for the dry fly fishing if that water went elsewhere, but it's equally possible the rivers get blasted again and are unfishable through the weekend. If the forecast holds exactly as it is, my guess is the rivers will be fishable but high and off-color, with the reservoirs spilling. Good for throwing streamers from a boat, not good for much else.

Ironic that the last two years, the water was too skinny up there to float much of the system, and just last fall the reservoirs were down below 50% capacity. Now we've got the opposite problem. Feast or famine is the new normal.

Thanks
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 23 Times in 21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Spinner View Post

I will be plying the waters of the Catskills myself tomorrow through Sunday with up to 20 of my buddies from all over the East coast. We have a bunch of cabins rented at Dream Catcher Lodge on the WBD and an armada of drift boats. Going to put a hurting on the fish rising to Hendricksons, do some wade and drift fishing, drink and eat too much, and head back home for work next week.
    Surf's up, Rusty, but I bet you noticed....

John
    Some circumstantial evidence is very strong, as when you find a trout in the milk.--Henry David Thoreau

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Future Fanatic For This Useful Post:

Rusty Spinner (05-08-2017)

Thanks
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by lightenup View Post
    I wouldn't......he has a dog and several women that follow him around, It's a bit unnerving when you are trying to fish.....P.S. the dog will try to hump you before any of his women...
    Dead accurate. Probably about half of the fish i've caught this year have been netted while a my dog was humping my leg. When he sees you fighting a fish -- that's when he moves in. Can't fish Fri or Sat tho -- my weekend is Sun-Mon... Gonna spend Sunday wrestling my boat out of storage and up to Hancock. Hopefully float on Monday. I had to move apartments this weekend. It was awful. Seemed like all of instagram was on the Delaware hoisting up trout....

Lacey: Where'd you get that pistol?
    Blevins: At the gettin' place.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to moosekid For This Useful Post:

lightenup (05-04-2017), Thursthouse (05-04-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,541 Times in 979 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 23 Times in 22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Future Fanatic View Post
    Surf's up, Rusty, but I bet you noticed....
    It was a fine week of drinking and eating, but not for fishing except those drifting that had heads popping up. Streamers and nymphs went unmolested most of the week. I had to find all my fish on the Beaverkill this trip. Oh well, as soon as flows moderate, I'm running back for the day (or 2).

A sinking fly is closer to Hell - ​Unknown

Thanks
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Spinner View Post
    It was a fine week of drinking and eating, but not for fishing except those drifting that had heads popping up. Streamers and nymphs went unmolested most of the week. I had to find all my fish on the Beaverkill this trip. Oh well, as soon as flows moderate, I'm running back for the day (or 2).
    Decent weekend for streamers down on my side - a couple nice fish from the bank and a few more from a banana boat. Highlights were a 21 inch brown and a 5 pound shad. Some other nice browns in the high teens. And a walleye on a streamer on the EB, which was a first. Would have been a great dry fly weekend if flows were a bit lower. Lots of bugs on the river, but the high water kept the fish down and to the sides.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to mudbug201 For This Useful Post:

Rusty Spinner (05-09-2017)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information