Delaware River Club

Thread: Musky Gorge

Thanks
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Musky Gorge

A couple years ago I headed to the musky gorge to fish/explore. Caught a few trout and had a nice hike to boot. Anyway I went back this past fall and found most of the area along the river posted with no trespassing signs- I assume from the paper mill. Any info as to whether this area is still posted or is it open for fishing? Is there any status for removal of the dam? Thanks

Similar Threads:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,548 Times in 982 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 24 Times in 23 Posts

Re: Musky Gorge

Quote Originally Posted by paraphysis View Post
    A couple years ago I headed to the musky gorge to fish/explore. Caught a few trout and had a nice hike to boot. Anyway I went back this past fall and found most of the area along the river posted with no trespassing signs- I assume from the paper mill. Any info as to whether this area is still posted or is it open for fishing? Is there any status for removal of the dam? Thanks
    Some cops leased the water and formed a fishing club.If you fish the Warren side, that is state owned and you are fine. Dam is in the works for being removed by the Division and IPP, the co-owners. It's a multi year project.

A sinking fly is closer to Hell - ​Unknown

Thanks
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Spinner View Post
    Some cops leased the water and formed a fishing club.If you fish the Warren side, that is state owned and you are fine. Dam is in the works for being removed by the Division and IPP, the co-owners. It's a multi year project.
    How do you know? The vandals took the handle.......

Thanks
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 1 Time in 1 Post

Heard about this from a felow fisherman last week...frigun shame...

Thanks
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks Rusty- so is the Warren side the side opposite from the park? The no treaspassing signs I saw were on that side. I didn't see much access to the other side. I'll have to go back and explore!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,548 Times in 982 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 24 Times in 23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by paraphysis View Post
    Thanks Rusty- so is the Warren side the side opposite from the park? The no treaspassing signs I saw were on that side. I didn't see much access to the other side. I'll have to go back and explore!
    http://map.njhighlands.us/njhighlands/hgis/

http://njgin.state.nj.us/oit/gis/NJ_TaxListSearch/

Free tax maps. Check boundaries out for yourself, but expect a fight as they likely don't want to admit they don't own both banks entirely. Meaning you have access. But this is short lived as the dam will be removed and the land turned over to the state one day in the not too distant future.

A sinking fly is closer to Hell - ​Unknown

Thread Information