Royal Wulff Products
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 13 to 17 of 17
  1. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    1060 West Addison, Chicago....
    Posts
    4,082
    Thanks
    2,054
    Thanked 940 Times in 626 Posts
    Chats
    4325
    Groans
    24
    Groaned 12 Times in 12 Posts


    Re: Soil and Water Advocate --- Delaware County

    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Spinner View Post
    Here's all you ever need to know about "cows". They are delicious. I'm partial to the T-Bone myself, but even LU will admit that ground cow served at his McDonald's is a tasty treat!
    So, actually Rusty,
    there are different parts of a steer, we would never use a cow for this...the chuck is the part ground up for McDonald's burgers, this comes from the shoulder of the steer. May I ask why are you partial to the T-Bone and not a Porterhouse? They are basically the same cut except for one important detail, the T-bone must have the bone in the shape of a T, it must consist of the strip steak and may or may not have a portion of the filet on the other side of the bone, but the mighty Porterhouse MUST contain at least an inch and a half of filet connected to the bone opposite the strip steak side....so as you can see the Porterhouse is definitely a much more desirable cut of meat....since we are educating Rusty on cows and steer and farms and such, I figured I'd take it to the next step, the butcher!

    "I'm not out on the river to win." -Kieth Rutherford

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to lightenup For This Useful Post:

    Rusty Spinner (02-02-2017)

  3. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Flanders, NJ
    Posts
    5,875
    Thanks
    1,948
    Thanked 1,548 Times in 982 Posts
    Chats
    1902
    Groans
    3
    Groaned 24 Times in 23 Posts


    Re: Soil and Water Advocate --- Delaware County

    Quote Originally Posted by lightenup View Post
    So, actually Rusty,
    there are different parts of a steer, we would never use a cow for this...the chuck is the part ground up for McDonald's burgers, this comes from the shoulder of the steer. May I ask why are you partial to the T-Bone and not a Porterhouse? They are basically the same cut except for one important detail, the T-bone must have the bone in the shape of a T, it must consist of the strip steak and may or may not have a portion of the filet on the other side of the bone, but the mighty Porterhouse MUST contain at least an inch and a half of filet connected to the bone opposite the strip steak side....so as you can see the Porterhouse is definitely a much more desirable cut of meat....since we are educating Rusty on cows and steer and farms and such, I figured I'd take it to the next step, the butcher!
    I chose T bone just to see if you'd bite. Thanks for not disappointing

    Actually, while I do love a good Porterhouse, my personal favorite has always been the ribeye. There's nothing like that extra fat to get the stomach juices flowing. Toss in a baked spud, some fresh green veggies preferably sauteed in garlic butter, and an nice Cab and I'm good to go. But those nights are very rare for me, just like I want my ribeyes. The cardiologist frowns on too much of that

    A sinking fly is closer to Hell - ​Unknown

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Rusty Spinner For This Useful Post:

    lightenup (02-02-2017)

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Unadilla, New York
    Posts
    5,172
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 657 Times in 469 Posts
    Chats
    681
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 23 Times in 21 Posts


    Re: Soil and Water Advocate --- Delaware County

    Rusty seems married to the term "cow". It seems a bit peculiar. There must be SOME reason why he is especially fond of "COW" that he wants to make himself a pariah in the CATTLE OPERATION world of upstate NY and possibly see his plan of stream restoration greatness fail before it takes off. Cow... Cow... Cow... The use of COW den igrates a whole local industry...

    John
    Some circumstantial evidence is very strong, as when you find a trout in the milk.--Henry David Thoreau

  6. #16
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    New Jersey's scenic Ramapo Valley
    Posts
    2,751
    Thanks
    152
    Thanked 432 Times in 288 Posts
    Chats
    39
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 3 Times in 3 Posts


    Re: Soil and Water Advocate --- Delaware County

    Quote Originally Posted by Future Fanatic View Post
    Rusty seems married to the term "cow". It seems a bit peculiar. There must be SOME reason why he is especially fond of "COW" that he wants to make himself a pariah in the CATTLE OPERATION world of upstate NY and possibly see his plan of stream restoration greatness fail before it takes off. Cow... Cow... Cow... The use of COW den igrates a whole local industry...
    Mighty hunters like Brian don't eat hormone laced, corn fed, methane producing, antibiotic ridden, beef, they eat nature's bounty like, venison, bear, grouse, pheasants, squirrels, and the like. They don't drink milk, they drink fermented and distilled products.

    You've got to make allowances if he's unfamiliar with bovine terminology.
    I'm guessing that he knows the differences between bucks & does, boars & sows, hens & cocks, etc.


  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Pete For This Useful Post:

    Rusty Spinner (02-08-2017)

  8. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Unadilla, New York
    Posts
    5,172
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 657 Times in 469 Posts
    Chats
    681
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 23 Times in 21 Posts


    Re: Soil and Water Advocate --- Delaware County

    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I'm guessing that he knows the differences between bucks & does, boars & sows, hens & cocks, etc.
    Men and women... Should we add that to your list?

    John
    Some circumstantial evidence is very strong, as when you find a trout in the milk.--Henry David Thoreau

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Thread Participants: 4

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •