Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,015 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 26 Times in 25 Posts

Re: Thank you, Communists

Do you ever think that some of those officers after a hard day of ass whooping or getting their asses whooped, hit up a local trout stream with some cane lined with silk and tempted a German brown trout with some buggy looking fly? Commie officer, other Allied officer, or Nazi officer - some had to get their fish on even amidst all that brutality. That's what I will ponder over whether or not to thank the Commies for my freedom.

A sinking fly is closer to Hell - ​Unknown

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    329 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 4 Times in 4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Spinner View Post
    Do you ever think that some of those officers after a hard day of ass whooping or getting their asses whooped, hit up a local trout stream with some cane lined with silk and tempted a German brown trout with some buggy looking fly? Commie officer, other Allied officer, or Nazi officer - some had to get their fish on even amidst all that brutality. That's what I will ponder over whether or not to thank the Commies for my freedom.
    The Americans and Brits used fly rods.

The Germans and the Soviets used grenades.

The Japanese used Tenkura rods (aka cane poles).

The French invented spinning reels, the greatest atrocity of all.

Blog Entries
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    710 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 33 Times in 33 Posts

You are doing the classic "what if" instead of dealing with what happened. The facts are very clear both Russia and Great Britain were in trouble. Germany was rolling through Europe and if not for America would have taken Russia quite easily and likely bombed Great Britain until there was nothing left. Once again army can't fight and sustain themselves without constant resupply. When Germany was knocking on Russia's doorstep it was the bombing of Romanian oil fields that kept the German advance from moving forward at the same time we provided the Russian ar,y iwth a complete resupply of arms, food, medical transportation and much more. All while fighting the kraits on North Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by tomfly View Post
    I am not denying any of that. It s all true. If Germany was not fighting on the Eastern front how may more divisions would they have thrown at the defense of Normandy , North Africa, Italy. Especially Normandy they would had most of their resources in France ready for an invasion. There probably would have many more more US Services men killed during the invasion.

"Angling is extremely time consuming. That's sort of the whole point." - Thomas McGuane

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MACFLY For This Useful Post:

CTobias (06-29-2016)

Thread Information