Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: first day out

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    590
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    71
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    134
    Thanked in
    94 Posts
    Chats
    278
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 1 Time in 1 Post


    first day out

    My first day out was pretty satisfying. I highly recommend the Ken Lockwood Gorge to anyone looking for a place to fish this weekend.

    The water was 42 degrees and the takes were very subtle. I missed tons of takes in the faster water, but managed to put 11 fish in the net.

    The next 5 days are supposed to be warm and Sunny, with mild evening temperatures. The caddis were coming off lightly in a tan size 16 for about 45 minutes. There were big midges (size 18) all day. Today, the stream reached 48 -- tomorrow I'll bet we see 56. The caddis blizzard will begin in 3-4 days.....in the KLG....











    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FullSizeRender (4).jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	189.1 KB 
ID:	12262  
    Lacey: Where'd you get that pistol?
    Blevins: At the gettin' place.

  2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to moosekid For This Useful Post:

    Barleywine (04-12-2016), FIN-ITE 34 (04-12-2016), lightenup (04-12-2016), mudbug201 (04-12-2016), Thursthouse (04-17-2016), tomfly (04-12-2016)

  3. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    1060 West Addison, Chicago....
    Posts
    4,278
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,149
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    993
    Thanked in
    666 Posts
    Chats
    4391
    Groans
    27
    Groaned 12 Times in 12 Posts


    Re: first day out

    Quote Originally Posted by moosekid View Post
    My first day out was pretty satisfying. I highly recommend the Ken Lockwood Gorge to anyone looking for a place to fish this weekend.

    The water was 42 degrees and the takes were very subtle. I missed tons of takes in the faster water, but managed to put 11 fish in the net.

    The next 5 days are supposed to be warm and Sunny, with mild evening temperatures. The caddis were coming off lightly in a tan size 16 for about 45 minutes. There were big midges (size 18) all day. Today, the stream reached 48 -- tomorrow I'll bet we see 56. The caddis blizzard will begin in 3-4 days.....in the KLG....











    KLG? 11 fish in then net? ............

    "I'm not out on the river to win." -Kieth Rutherford

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    462
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    431
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    294
    Thanked in
    162 Posts
    Chats
    0
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts


    Re: first day out

    Nice to see all of those white-edged fin browns in there.

    Great-looking dog! That first photo is priceless.

    "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. When you can fake that, you've got it made."

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,422
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    115
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    475
    Thanked in
    279 Posts
    Chats
    0
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 3 Times in 3 Posts


    Re: first day out

    MK, did you nymph up those bastards, any on dries?

    Are you sure that isn't Point Mountain......?


  6. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    590
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    71
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    134
    Thanked in
    94 Posts
    Chats
    278
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 1 Time in 1 Post


    Re: first day out

    Quote Originally Posted by FIN-ITE 34 View Post
    MK, did you nymph up those bastards, any on dries?

    Are you sure that isn't Point Mountain......?
    None on dries. I only saw two rises all day. That will change by Friday. By Sunday, it's going to be boiling down there. If anyone wants to fish on Monday, gimme a shout.

    Lacey: Where'd you get that pistol?
    Blevins: At the gettin' place.

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Hoboken
    Posts
    627
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    106
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    195
    Thanked in
    137 Posts
    Chats
    11
    Groans
    6
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts


    Re: first day out

    Quote Originally Posted by moosekid View Post
    None on dries. I only saw two rises all day. That will change by Friday. By Sunday, it's going to be boiling down there. If anyone wants to fish on Monday, gimme a shout.
    I might be able to fish Monday!


  8. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    590
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    71
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    134
    Thanked in
    94 Posts
    Chats
    278
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 1 Time in 1 Post


    Re: first day out

    Quote Originally Posted by emoussa View Post
    I might be able to fish Monday!
    check ur pm

    Lacey: Where'd you get that pistol?
    Blevins: At the gettin' place.

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Hamlin Pa/Deposit NY
    Posts
    3,205
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    976
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    838
    Thanked in
    619 Posts
    Chats
    3357
    Groans
    11
    Groaned 27 Times in 27 Posts


    Re: first day out

    By the looks of the pictures of your arm i would get to the hospital. I think you a getting blood poisoning

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	axlmw9-1.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	99.7 KB 
ID:	12270

    To look good is to fish good

  10. #9
    flyI4's Avatar
    flyI4 is offline Fishizzle, I use worms but I'm looking to upgrade!
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,266
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    517
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    578
    Thanked in
    260 Posts
    Chats
    307
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts


    Re: first day out

    Quote Originally Posted by WBDluver View Post
    By the looks of the pictures of your arm i would get to the hospital. I think you a getting blood poisoning

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	axlmw9-1.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	99.7 KB 
ID:	12270



    Fishing was really good on the upper neversink above the gorge last weekend when I was there. The bug life is a little better up there for hendricksons and the fish tend to rise better if you are looking for a dry fly fix. A little early for the caddis hatch to be full blown down there in the gorge but i agree that this weekend may be the start of it. Nice fish- it seems like everything is starting to fish real well this week


  11. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    590
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    71
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    134
    Thanked in
    94 Posts
    Chats
    278
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 1 Time in 1 Post


    Re: first day out

    Quote Originally Posted by flyI4 View Post
    Fishing was really good on the upper neversink above the gorge last weekend when I was there. The bug life is a little better up there for hendricksons and the fish tend to rise better if you are looking for a dry fly fix. A little early for the caddis hatch to be full blown down there in the gorge but i agree that this weekend may be the start of it. Nice fish- it seems like everything is starting to fish real well this week
    It may be too early in the season for the Caddis, but is it too early to catch a matinee of Fiddler on the Roof in Woodbourne???

    Lacey: Where'd you get that pistol?
    Blevins: At the gettin' place.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Thread Participants: 6

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •