Thomas & Thomas
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 13 to 24 of 81
  1. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    2,101
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,684
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    800
    Thanked in
    459 Posts
    Chats
    215
    Groans
    5
    Groaned 9 Times in 8 Posts


    Re: republican nominee

    I don’t trust any politician. They say what they think you want to here. Then their battle cries go silent after they are elected. If you look the nature of a politician they have zero accountability. The American public is at fault for this. I am in IT and I have to pass exams and take classes yearly to prove I am proficient at what I do. It is the same for doctors, lawyers’ accountants….. There are no prolificacy exams you an elected official. Would you use a lawyer that did not pass the bar? Would you use a doctor that did not pass their state boards? Hell no you would not. There are laws that prohibit them from practice without passing exams. We elect officials that we have no proof that they would be a qualified candidate or an intuitive notation of their competence. These are the most important positions in the country. The decisions they make have affect on everyone. If there should be proficiency exams for anyone, it should be politicians.

    "Hatchery fish have the same colors, but they always seem muted like bad reproductions of great art." Bill Barich

  2. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    1060 West Addison, Chicago....
    Posts
    4,489
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,230
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,067
    Thanked in
    716 Posts
    Chats
    4558
    Groans
    30
    Groaned 12 Times in 12 Posts


    Re: republican nominee

    Quote Originally Posted by tomfly View Post
    I don’t trust any politician. They say what they think you want to here. Then their battle cries go silent after they are elected. If you look the nature of a politician they have zero accountability. The American public is at fault for this. I am in IT and I have to pass exams and take classes yearly to prove I am proficient at what I do. It is the same for doctors, lawyers’ accountants….. There are no prolificacy exams you an elected official. Would you use a lawyer that did not pass the bar? Would you use a doctor that did not pass their state boards? Hell no you would not. There are laws that prohibit them from practice without passing exams. We elect officials that we have no proof that they would be a qualified candidate or an intuitive notation of their competence. These are the most important positions in the country. The decisions they make have affect on everyone. If there should be proficiency exams for anyone, it should be politicians.

    May I ask, who is going to make these proficiency exams? the government? Will they regulate proficiency as well? Will they set-up a special committee?

    "I'm not out on the river to win." -Kieth Rutherford

  3. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,521
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    148
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    529
    Thanked in
    313 Posts
    Chats
    0
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 3 Times in 3 Posts


    Re: republican nominee

    The question would be, proficient in what?


  4. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    1060 West Addison, Chicago....
    Posts
    4,489
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,230
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,067
    Thanked in
    716 Posts
    Chats
    4558
    Groans
    30
    Groaned 12 Times in 12 Posts


    Re: republican nominee

    Quote Originally Posted by FIN-ITE 34 View Post
    The question would be, proficient in what?
    Proficient in proficiency.....

    "I'm not out on the river to win." -Kieth Rutherford

  5. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Flanders, NJ
    Posts
    6,307
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,240
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,610
    Thanked in
    1,023 Posts
    Chats
    2008
    Groans
    3
    Groaned 26 Times in 25 Posts


    Re: republican nominee

    Quote Originally Posted by lightenup View Post
    Proficient in proficiency.....





    I take no tests to restore rivers, so I guess I can't be trusted either.

    As for alternative parties, they are out there already. The growing trend is Independent as in no political party affiliation. That seems a good option. But I do feel strongly about de-centralizing power and think term limits is one critical step in the right direction.

    A sinking fly is closer to Hell - ​Unknown

  6. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    1060 West Addison, Chicago....
    Posts
    4,489
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,230
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,067
    Thanked in
    716 Posts
    Chats
    4558
    Groans
    30
    Groaned 12 Times in 12 Posts


    Re: republican nominee

    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Spinner View Post





    I take no tests to restore rivers, so I guess I can't be trusted either.

    But I do feel strongly about de-centralizing power and think term limits is one critical step in the right direction.
    Yes I also concur that term limits are a step in the right direction.....

    "I'm not out on the river to win." -Kieth Rutherford

  7. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    2,101
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,684
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    800
    Thanked in
    459 Posts
    Chats
    215
    Groans
    5
    Groaned 9 Times in 8 Posts


    Re: republican nominee

    Quote Originally Posted by lightenup View Post
    May I ask, who is going to make these proficiency exams? the government? Will they regulate proficiency as well? Will they set-up a special committee?
    Are you kidding LU , the government could not write an exam on the most proficient way to pick up dog crap.
    What should be done:

    1st Make them take a psychological exam to test their moral compass. Law Enforcement and Firefighters are required to take it. The exam already exist

    2nd Have top Economists. Military Analysts, Foreign and Domestic Policy experts Accountants, Constitutional historians, Law professors, all write simulated real world scenarios. Have the candidate write a detailed response to the situations. Run the answers through a game theory model. This would be an un-cheatable test and without bias. (There would be no textbook correct answer) The model would give a positive outcome or a negative one to the decision. It would also give a highly accurate metric or their decision making and critical thinking skills.

    3rd publish the results

    The Military uses game theory to simulate battle outcomes. Big corporations use it to direct the long term continuity. Why not use it on the individuals who make the most important decisions.

    "Hatchery fish have the same colors, but they always seem muted like bad reproductions of great art." Bill Barich

  8. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    1060 West Addison, Chicago....
    Posts
    4,489
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,230
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,067
    Thanked in
    716 Posts
    Chats
    4558
    Groans
    30
    Groaned 12 Times in 12 Posts


    Re: republican nominee

    Quote Originally Posted by tomfly View Post
    Are you kidding LU , the government could not write an exam on the most proficient way to pick up dog crap.
    What should be done:

    1st Make them take a psychological exam to test their moral compass. Law Enforcement and Firefighters are required to take it. The exam already exist

    2nd Have top Economists. Military Analysts, Foreign and Domestic Policy experts Accountants, Constitutional historians, Law professors, all write simulated real world scenarios. Have the candidate write a detailed response to the situations. Run the answers through a game theory model. This would be an un-cheatable test and without bias. (There would be no textbook correct answer) The model would give a positive outcome or a negative one to the decision. It would also give a highly accurate metric or their decision making and critical thinking skills.

    3rd publish the results

    The Military uses game theory to simulate battle outcomes. Big corporations use it to direct the long term continuity. Why not use it on the individuals who make the most important decisions.
    I thought it was obvious I was kidding you dope...

    "I'm not out on the river to win." -Kieth Rutherford

  9. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    2,101
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,684
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    800
    Thanked in
    459 Posts
    Chats
    215
    Groans
    5
    Groaned 9 Times in 8 Posts


    Re: republican nominee

    Quote Originally Posted by lightenup View Post
    I thought it was obvious I was kidding you dope...
    I knew that. I was being facetious.

    "Hatchery fish have the same colors, but they always seem muted like bad reproductions of great art." Bill Barich

  10. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    656
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    93
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    164
    Thanked in
    113 Posts
    Chats
    287
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 1 Time in 1 Post


    Re: republican nominee

    Quote Originally Posted by tomfly View Post
    Are you kidding LU , the government could not write an exam on the most proficient way to pick up dog crap.
    What should be done:

    1st Make them take a psychological exam to test their moral compass. Law Enforcement and Firefighters are required to take it. The exam already exist

    2nd Have top Economists. Military Analysts, Foreign and Domestic Policy experts Accountants, Constitutional historians, Law professors, all write simulated real world scenarios. Have the candidate write a detailed response to the situations. Run the answers through a game theory model. This would be an un-cheatable test and without bias. (There would be no textbook correct answer) The model would give a positive outcome or a negative one to the decision. It would also give a highly accurate metric or their decision making and critical thinking skills.

    3rd publish the results

    The Military uses game theory to simulate battle outcomes. Big corporations use it to direct the long term continuity. Why not use it on the individuals who make the most important decisions.
    Kind of interesting... Especially since both the general public and the super pacs will see the results. Would be fairly easy to see where allegiances lie..

    Lacey: Where'd you get that pistol?
    Blevins: At the gettin' place.

  11. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,072
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    232
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    569
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Chats
    54
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 9 Times in 9 Posts


    Re: republican nominee

    Hillary was an abysmal failure as Secretary of State, is really completely unqualified to be Prez. She did let her husband fuck whoever he wanted though, so I guess she'd be a good chick to marry as a sugar mamma.

    Roll up the windows Brian, you're letting the stank out.

  12. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Troy, NY
    Posts
    729
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    430
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    50
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Chats
    1
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts


    Re: republican nominee

    Quote Originally Posted by Trout Nazi View Post
    Hillary...is really completely unqualified to be Prez.
    That's a curious assertion. Plenty of reasons to distrust and dislike, but how do 8 years in the white house, 8 as US senator, and 4 as sec of state equal "completely unqualified?"


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Thread Participants: 15

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •