Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 9 Times in 8 Posts

Re: republican nominee

I don’t trust any politician. They say what they think you want to here. Then their battle cries go silent after they are elected. If you look the nature of a politician they have zero accountability. The American public is at fault for this. I am in IT and I have to pass exams and take classes yearly to prove I am proficient at what I do. It is the same for doctors, lawyers’ accountants….. There are no prolificacy exams you an elected official. Would you use a lawyer that did not pass the bar? Would you use a doctor that did not pass their state boards? Hell no you would not. There are laws that prohibit them from practice without passing exams. We elect officials that we have no proof that they would be a qualified candidate or an intuitive notation of their competence. These are the most important positions in the country. The decisions they make have affect on everyone. If there should be proficiency exams for anyone, it should be politicians.

"Hatchery fish have the same colors, but they always seem muted like bad reproductions of great art." Bill Barich

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    716 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 12 Times in 12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tomfly View Post
    I don’t trust any politician. They say what they think you want to here. Then their battle cries go silent after they are elected. If you look the nature of a politician they have zero accountability. The American public is at fault for this. I am in IT and I have to pass exams and take classes yearly to prove I am proficient at what I do. It is the same for doctors, lawyers’ accountants….. There are no prolificacy exams you an elected official. Would you use a lawyer that did not pass the bar? Would you use a doctor that did not pass their state boards? Hell no you would not. There are laws that prohibit them from practice without passing exams. We elect officials that we have no proof that they would be a qualified candidate or an intuitive notation of their competence. These are the most important positions in the country. The decisions they make have affect on everyone. If there should be proficiency exams for anyone, it should be politicians.

May I ask, who is going to make these proficiency exams? the government? Will they regulate proficiency as well? Will they set-up a special committee?

"I'm not out on the river to win." -Kieth Rutherford

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    313 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 3 Times in 3 Posts

The question would be, proficient in what?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    716 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by FIN-ITE 34 View Post
    The question would be, proficient in what?
    Proficient in proficiency.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,023 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 26 Times in 25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lightenup View Post
    Proficient in proficiency.....

I take no tests to restore rivers, so I guess I can't be trusted either.

As for alternative parties, they are out there already. The growing trend is Independent as in no political party affiliation. That seems a good option. But I do feel strongly about de-centralizing power and think term limits is one critical step in the right direction.

A sinking fly is closer to Hell - ​Unknown

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    716 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Spinner View Post

I take no tests to restore rivers, so I guess I can't be trusted either.

But I do feel strongly about de-centralizing power and think term limits is one critical step in the right direction.
    Yes I also concur that term limits are a step in the right direction.....

Blog Entries
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

May I ask, who is going to make these proficiency exams? the government? Will they regulate proficiency as well? Will they set-up a special committee?
    Are you kidding LU , the government could not write an exam on the most proficient way to pick up dog crap.
    What should be done:

1st Make them take a psychological exam to test their moral compass. Law Enforcement and Firefighters are required to take it. The exam already exist

2nd Have top Economists. Military Analysts, Foreign and Domestic Policy experts Accountants, Constitutional historians, Law professors, all write simulated real world scenarios. Have the candidate write a detailed response to the situations. Run the answers through a game theory model. This would be an un-cheatable test and without bias. (There would be no textbook correct answer) The model would give a positive outcome or a negative one to the decision. It would also give a highly accurate metric or their decision making and critical thinking skills.

3rd publish the results

The Military uses game theory to simulate battle outcomes. Big corporations use it to direct the long term continuity. Why not use it on the individuals who make the most important decisions.

"Hatchery fish have the same colors, but they always seem muted like bad reproductions of great art." Bill Barich

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    716 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

Are you kidding LU , the government could not write an exam on the most proficient way to pick up dog crap.
    What should be done:

1st Make them take a psychological exam to test their moral compass. Law Enforcement and Firefighters are required to take it. The exam already exist

2nd Have top Economists. Military Analysts, Foreign and Domestic Policy experts Accountants, Constitutional historians, Law professors, all write simulated real world scenarios. Have the candidate write a detailed response to the situations. Run the answers through a game theory model. This would be an un-cheatable test and without bias. (There would be no textbook correct answer) The model would give a positive outcome or a negative one to the decision. It would also give a highly accurate metric or their decision making and critical thinking skills.

3rd publish the results

The Military uses game theory to simulate battle outcomes. Big corporations use it to direct the long term continuity. Why not use it on the individuals who make the most important decisions.
    I thought it was obvious I was kidding you dope...

Blog Entries
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

I thought it was obvious I was kidding you dope...
    I knew that. I was being facetious.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    113 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 1 Time in 1 Post

What should be done:

3rd publish the results

Kind of interesting... Especially since both the general public and the super pacs will see the results. Would be fairly easy to see where allegiances lie..

Lacey: Where'd you get that pistol?
    Blevins: At the gettin' place.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 9 Times in 9 Posts

Hillary was an abysmal failure as Secretary of State, is really completely unqualified to be Prez. She did let her husband fuck whoever he wanted though, so I guess she'd be a good chick to marry as a sugar mamma.

Roll up the windows Brian, you're letting the stank out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Trout Nazi View Post
    Hillary...is really completely unqualified to be Prez.
    That's a curious assertion. Plenty of reasons to distrust and dislike, but how do 8 years in the white house, 8 as US senator, and 4 as sec of state equal "completely unqualified?"

Thread Information