Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 9 Times in 8 Posts

A new study on the Ice sheet in Antartica

Straight from the horse's mouth, contradictory evidence pertaining to receding ice data on the south pole ice cap.

NASA Study: Mass Gains of Antarctic Ice Sheet Greater than Losses | NASA

Similar Threads:
    "Hatchery fish have the same colors, but they always seem muted like bad reproductions of great art." Bill Barich

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Re: A new study on the Ice sheet in Antartica

I'm taking the leap, based on your prior stated positions, that you are taking this as evidence against AGW. It is not. Stated quite clearly in the article itself.

According to the new analysis of satellite data, the Antarctic ice sheet showed a net gain of 112 billion tons of ice a year from 1992 to 2001. That net gain slowed to 82 billion tons of ice per year between 2003 and 2008.
    But it might only take a few decades for Antarctica’s growth to reverse, according to Zwally. “If the losses of the Antarctic Peninsula and parts of West Antarctica continue to increase at the same rate they’ve been increasing for the last two decades, the losses will catch up with the long-term gain in East Antarctica in 20 or 30 years -- I don’t think there will be enough snowfall increase to offset these losses.”
    “The good news is that Antarctica is not currently contributing to sea level rise, but is taking 0.23 millimeters per year away,” Zwally said. “But this is also bad news. If the 0.27 millimeters per year of sea level rise attributed to Antarctica in the IPCC report is not really coming from Antarctica, there must be some other contribution to sea level rise that is not accounted for.”

Blog Entries
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    714 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 33 Times in 33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eddavidson9 View Post
    I'm taking the leap, based on your prior stated positions, that you are taking this as evidence against AGW. It is not. Stated quite clearly in the article itself.
    Jeez what took you so long

"Angling is extremely time consuming. That's sort of the whole point." - Thomas McGuane

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 26 Times in 25 Posts

Rising sea levels can only mean one thing on this site - more structure for striped bass! Fishing from the beach in NJ sucks because it is so hit and miss. Either a pod of bait is being followed by stripers or there is not bait and no bass. Flood some homes, jetties, bulkheads, etc. and we'll have plenty of bass year round! You guys just need to see the positives in everything.

A sinking fly is closer to Hell - ​Unknown

Blog Entries
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

How is just posting a study by NASA an indication of what the underlying pretense of the action was? If you want to post your views on any give topic. I am ok with that. What I have incidental problem with is asserting your point at me with an assumption. I could draw the conclusion that you obviously do not hold me in high regard, but I won't. With that said; What gives? If you feel what you believe is correct. Why use me as a vehicle to interject your position?

"Hatchery fish have the same colors, but they always seem muted like bad reproductions of great art." Bill Barich

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 6 Times in 6 Posts

Rusty,

You are in luck. NJ is showing the highest sea level rise at 2" per decade.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    713 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 12 Times in 12 Posts

It's November 3rd....it's 71 degrees out and not expected to drop below 50 until Saturday night......Maybe man isn't to blame and we don't have all the "proof", but the goddamn Earth is getting warmer, face it, it is true!!!!!! Maybe it will cool off again before it gets ugly, or it is a cyclical thing, or it is natural, or God's will, or man made, or done by the goddamn green men in the Catskills, but it is happening.......I'm not crying the sky is falling, but reality beckons us all to pay attention.......

Now about that Striper fishing Rusty?

"I'm not out on the river to win." -Kieth Rutherford

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 26 Times in 25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lightenup View Post
    It's November 3rd....it's 71 degrees out and not expected to drop below 50 until Saturday night......Maybe man isn't to blame and we don't have all the "proof", but the goddamn Earth is getting warmer, face it, it is true!!!!!! Maybe it will cool off again before it gets ugly, or it is a cyclical thing, or it is natural, or God's will, or man made, or done by the goddamn green men in the Catskills, but it is happening.......I'm not crying the sky is falling, but reality beckons us all to pay attention.......

I agree, but I'm not ready to move into a cave and rough it just yet....

Now about that Striper fishing Rusty?

Today's report is many big fish being landed to high 40s (pounds). And here I am stuck in the office all day and no time to get out until the weekend.

A sinking fly is closer to Hell - ​Unknown

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tomfly View Post
    How is just posting a study by NASA an indication of what the underlying pretense of the action was? If you want to post your views on any give topic. I am ok with that. What I have incidental problem with is asserting your point at me with an assumption. I could draw the conclusion that you obviously do not hold me in high regard, but I won't. With that said; What gives? If you feel what you believe is correct. Why use me as a vehicle to interject your position?
    HA!

Good times.

Blog Entries
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    714 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 33 Times in 33 Posts

HA!

Good times.
    The Tomfly retort...if do right no can defend

"Angling is extremely time consuming. That's sort of the whole point." - Thomas McGuane

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by tomfly View Post
    Straight from the horse's mouth, contradictory evidence pertaining to receding ice data on the south pole ice cap.

NASA Study: Mass Gains of Antarctic Ice Sheet Greater than Losses | NASA
    Tomfly you're a smart guy - let's see if you can figure this out. Did you even read this? It doesn't say that.

oh and the mayfly retort if do properly, almost as goodest.

Blog Entries
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by mudbug201 View Post
    Tomfly you're a smart guy - let's see if you can figure this out. Did you even read this? It doesn't say that.

oh and the mayfly retort if do properly, almost as goodest.
    Very funny MB. But you lack the expressive cognitive skills to organize a combination of words pertaining to one subject matter to express another. Very amateurish using just letters. It is not your fault. You are what you are. Perhaps you should refine your skills on a site with other mindless jargon. Practice perhaps on facebook or twitter, and then come back to the big boy website. In other words.....

Thread Information