Hatch Outdoors
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 13 to 24 of 26
  1. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    967
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    118
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    163
    Thanked in
    121 Posts
    Chats
    0
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 1 Time in 1 Post


    Re: Tying Mercer's Missing Link

    Quote Originally Posted by FIN-ITE 34 View Post
    I think we have a case here of the pot calling the kettle a black.
    fixed it al a Archie Bunker


  2. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Hamlin Pa/Deposit NY
    Posts
    3,191
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    971
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    835
    Thanked in
    616 Posts
    Chats
    3357
    Groans
    11
    Groaned 27 Times in 27 Posts


    Re: Tying Mercer's Missing Link

    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Spinner View Post
    Why do I have to come here to learn about this pattern? Why not on the river when we fish?
    Because Matt uses us as Guinea Pigs to see if the pattern works. He has never fished it before and thinks these up after a few adult beverages.

    Besides, i always liked Tirco Mikes flies better.

    To look good is to fish good

  3. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,393
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    99
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    462
    Thanked in
    272 Posts
    Chats
    0
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 3 Times in 3 Posts


    Re: Tying Mercer's Missing Link

    Quote Originally Posted by WBDluver View Post
    Because Matt uses us as Guinea Pigs to see if the pattern works. He has never fished it before and thinks these up after a few adult beverages.

    Besides, i always liked Tirco Mikes flies better.
    Yes, yes, excellent!


  4. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    40
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    5
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Chats
    13
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts


    Re: Tying Mercer's Missing Link

    Just tied up a few look great can't wait to try em! Thanks matt.
    Who the hell is trico mike?

    Shattering the stigma that fly fishing is a gentlemans sport

  5. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Flanders, NJ
    Posts
    5,860
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,954
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,537
    Thanked in
    968 Posts
    Chats
    1921
    Groans
    3
    Groaned 24 Times in 23 Posts


    Re: Tying Mercer's Missing Link

    Quote Originally Posted by WBDluver View Post
    Because Matt uses us as Guinea Pigs to see if the pattern works. He has never fished it before and thinks these up after a few adult beverages.

    Besides, i always liked Tirco Mikes flies better.
    I would have been that dry fly guinea pig and yes, we were recently drinking some adult beverages together just before the water got too damned warm to fish.

    A sinking fly is closer to Hell - ​Unknown

  6. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Hamlin Pa/Deposit NY
    Posts
    3,191
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    971
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    835
    Thanked in
    616 Posts
    Chats
    3357
    Groans
    11
    Groaned 27 Times in 27 Posts


    Re: Tying Mercer's Missing Link

    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Spinner View Post
    I would have been that dry fly guinea pig and yes, we were recently drinking some adult beverages together just before the water got too damned warm to fish.
    This is exactly what i am talking about. He liquors you up then talks you into trying these concoctions. Good thing the warm water saved you from such embarassment.

    To look good is to fish good

  7. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    1060 West Addison, Chicago....
    Posts
    4,161
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,098
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    965
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Chats
    4391
    Groans
    27
    Groaned 12 Times in 12 Posts


    Re: Tying Mercer's Missing Link

    Quote Originally Posted by WBDluver View Post
    This is exactly what i am talking about. He liquors you up then talks you into trying these concoctions. Good thing the warm water saved you from such embarassment.
    It really didn't, as there are reports of two full grown men skinny dipping in the KLG.....the "meat hole" has been re-named...it is now the "shriveled worm".........

    "I'm not out on the river to win." -Kieth Rutherford

  8. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Flanders, NJ
    Posts
    5,860
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,954
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,537
    Thanked in
    968 Posts
    Chats
    1921
    Groans
    3
    Groaned 24 Times in 23 Posts


    Re: Tying Mercer's Missing Link

    Quote Originally Posted by lightenup View Post
    It really didn't, as there are reports of two full grown men skinny dipping in the KLG.....the "meat hole" has been re-named...it is now the "shriveled worm".........
    I was just showing him my new pole.


    Fishing pole that is, get your mind out of the gutter, LU!

    A sinking fly is closer to Hell - ​Unknown

  9. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    1060 West Addison, Chicago....
    Posts
    4,161
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,098
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    965
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Chats
    4391
    Groans
    27
    Groaned 12 Times in 12 Posts


    Re: Tying Mercer's Missing Link

    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Spinner View Post
    I was just showing him my new pole.


    Fishing pole that is, get your mind out of the gutter, LU!
    It's called a rod Rusty......A fishing rod that is....a pole is a dumb eastern European...

    "I'm not out on the river to win." -Kieth Rutherford

  10. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    530
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    211
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    371
    Thanked in
    158 Posts
    Chats
    485
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 1 Time in 1 Post


    Re: Tying Mercer's Missing Link

    Here's a sulphur missing link - emerger/dun/spinner imitation.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sulphur MLC.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	89.3 KB 
ID:	11728


  11. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,393
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    99
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    462
    Thanked in
    272 Posts
    Chats
    0
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 3 Times in 3 Posts


    Re: Tying Mercer's Missing Link

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Grobert View Post
    Here's a sulphur missing link - emerger/dun/spinner imitation.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sulphur MLC.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	89.3 KB 
ID:	11728
    Ok, what gives here? A few posts back you said to use a trailing shuck on a mayfly. I don't see no stinkin' shuck.


  12. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Hamlin Pa/Deposit NY
    Posts
    3,191
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    971
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    835
    Thanked in
    616 Posts
    Chats
    3357
    Groans
    11
    Groaned 27 Times in 27 Posts


    Re: Tying Mercer's Missing Link

    Quote Originally Posted by FIN-ITE 34 View Post
    Ok, what gives here? A few posts back you said to use a trailing shuck on a mayfly. I don't see no stinkin' shuck.
    After a few cheap Scotchs from the Hancock Liquor store he forgets what he wants to see you experiment with. Just ignore him and dont be a pawn in his game. He is like the Dr Oz of NEFF, he is always coming up with a new way to catch fish with a special fly. Last year it was a sulpher emerger tied with elk hair and a yellow collar. I fell into his trap tied some up, and if it were not for my exceptional casting skills i never would have caught all those fish while the other guys down stream were standing there with their poles in their hand.

    To look good is to fish good

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Thread Participants: 7

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •