Royal Wulff Products
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 38
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    new jersey near new york city
    Posts
    6,263
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,485
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,512
    Thanked in
    875 Posts
    Chats
    1100
    Groans
    87
    Groaned 68 Times in 58 Posts


    Sign the petition

    And demand that NYC be reasonable.

    San Diego is going online NEXT year with a desalination plant.

    The technology is there. Cost effective actually, from Lockheed Martin. Cost effective desalination is available.

    There are alternatives for NYC to get its water, and stop living in fear when the reservoirs are over 98% full like they are now.

    A couple of releases to get through this dry spell, thats all we are asking.

    And demand NYC come up with alternatives, that are technologically feasible and practical, if it is going to act as though a serious drought is imminent at all times - while the reservoirs are 98 percent full.

    And kill jobs in upstate New York.

    Sign please.

    Petition Save The Delaware River System

    Similar Threads:

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to golden beetle For This Useful Post:

    flyI4 (05-13-2015)

  3. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    11,762
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,578
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,037
    Thanked in
    668 Posts
    Chats
    3059
    Groans
    27
    Groaned 32 Times in 32 Posts


    Re: Sign the petition

    Wait are you saying deblasio doesn't care about the fish
    Quote Originally Posted by golden beetle View Post
    And demand that NYC be reasonable.

    San Diego is going online NEXT year with a desalination plant.

    The technology is there. Cost effective actually, from Lockheed Martin. Cost effective desalination is available.

    There are alternatives for NYC to get its water, and stop living in fear when the reservoirs are over 98% full like they are now.

    A couple of releases to get through this dry spell, thats all we are asking.

    And demand NYC come up with alternatives, that are technologically feasible and practical, if it is going to act as though a serious drought is imminent at all times - while the reservoirs are 98 percent full.

    And kill jobs in upstate New York.

    Sign please.

    Petition Save The Delaware River System


    "Angling is extremely time consuming. That's sort of the whole point." - Thomas McGuane

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    new jersey near new york city
    Posts
    6,263
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,485
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,512
    Thanked in
    875 Posts
    Chats
    1100
    Groans
    87
    Groaned 68 Times in 58 Posts


    Re: Sign the petition

    Quote Originally Posted by MACFLY View Post
    Wait are you saying deblasio doesn't care about the fish
    No, I am saying that NYC has alternative sources of potable water that would allow for releases when the reservoirs are 98 percent full, as they are today, and would save jobs upstate by doing so.

    Petition Save The Delaware River System


  5. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Hamlin Pa/Deposit NY
    Posts
    3,191
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    971
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    835
    Thanked in
    616 Posts
    Chats
    3357
    Groans
    11
    Groaned 27 Times in 27 Posts


    Re: Sign the petition

    What are the other sources in place?

    To look good is to fish good

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    11,762
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,578
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,037
    Thanked in
    668 Posts
    Chats
    3059
    Groans
    27
    Groaned 32 Times in 32 Posts


    Re: Sign the petition

    Such as????


    Quote Originally Posted by golden beetle View Post
    No, I am saying that NYC has alternative sources of potable water that would allow for releases when the reservoirs are 98 percent full, as they are today, and would save jobs upstate by doing so.

    Petition Save The Delaware River System


    "Angling is extremely time consuming. That's sort of the whole point." - Thomas McGuane

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    new jersey near new york city
    Posts
    6,263
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,485
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,512
    Thanked in
    875 Posts
    Chats
    1100
    Groans
    87
    Groaned 68 Times in 58 Posts


    Re: Sign the petition

    Quote Originally Posted by WBDluver View Post
    What are the other sources in place?
    Tom, if New York City is going to act like a drought is imminent, when the reservoirs are 98 percent full, we need to ask whether it isnt reasonable to demand that they build desalination plants, like they're doing in San Diego today. Their plant will be online in 2016.

    It doesn't take long to build. Lockheed Martin says that it has developed cost effective desalination technology, and to me, it makes sense to put pressure on NYC to invest in innovation and technology, especially if it saves jobs upstate.

    98 percent full.

    And they're acting like its a California drought..

    So why not prepare for it if we're gonna cause folks upstate - who actually work and arent looking to sign a fracking lease - to lose their livelihoods?


  8. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    new jersey near new york city
    Posts
    6,263
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,485
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,512
    Thanked in
    875 Posts
    Chats
    1100
    Groans
    87
    Groaned 68 Times in 58 Posts


    Re: Sign the petition

    Quote Originally Posted by MACFLY View Post
    Such as????
    For the immediate term, the Croton system has just come online and is providing water to NYC again.

    http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/05/09..._r=1&referrer=


  9. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Unadilla, New York
    Posts
    5,153
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    657
    Thanked in
    468 Posts
    Chats
    683
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 23 Times in 21 Posts


    Re: Sign the petition

    Quote Originally Posted by golden beetle View Post
    Tom, if New York City is going to act like a drought is imminent, when the reservoirs are 98 percent full, we need to ask whether it isnt reasonable to demand that they build desalination plants, like they're doing in San Diego today. Their plant will be online in 2016.

    It doesn't take long to build. Lockheed Martin says that it has developed cost effective desalination technology, and to me, it makes sense to put pressure on NYC to invest in innovation and technology, especially if it saves jobs upstate.

    98 percent full.

    And they're acting like its a California drought..

    So why not prepare for it if we're gonna cause folks upstate - who actually work and arent looking to sign a fracking lease - to lose their livelihoods?
    Yes, great plan. They will have a plant that burns fracked gas and oil to power those desalination plants, just like the model held up to us in San Diego...

    Encina Power Station (EPS) is a large natural gas and oil-fueled electricity generating plant located in Carlsbad, California, in San Diego County.

    NYC could get the fuel from their own property even...

    John
    Some circumstantial evidence is very strong, as when you find a trout in the milk.--Henry David Thoreau

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    new jersey near new york city
    Posts
    6,263
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,485
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,512
    Thanked in
    875 Posts
    Chats
    1100
    Groans
    87
    Groaned 68 Times in 58 Posts


    Re: Sign the petition

    Quote Originally Posted by Future Fanatic View Post
    Yes, great plan. They will have a plant that burns fracked gas and oil to power those desalination plants, just like the model held up to us in San Diego...

    Encina Power Station (EPS) is a large natural gas and oil-fueled electricity generating plant located in Carlsbad, California, in San Diego County.

    NYC could get the fuel from their own property even...
    So you should be all for it.

    Did you sign, FF?

    (To be clear, the reverse osmosis technology from Lockheed does use methane gas for its filters - which you are objecting to - but at a fraction of the San Diego plant's costs, which was built by an Israeli company.. Its feasible.)


  11. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Hamlin Pa/Deposit NY
    Posts
    3,191
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    971
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    835
    Thanked in
    616 Posts
    Chats
    3357
    Groans
    11
    Groaned 27 Times in 27 Posts


    Re: Sign the petition

    Quote Originally Posted by golden beetle View Post
    Tom, if New York City is going to act like a drought is imminent, when the reservoirs are 98 percent full, we need to ask whether it isnt reasonable to demand that they build desalination plants, like they're doing in San Diego today. Their plant will be online in 2016.

    It doesn't take long to build. Lockheed Martin says that it has developed cost effective desalination technology, and to me, it makes sense to put pressure on NYC to invest in innovation and technology, especially if it saves jobs upstate.

    98 percent full.

    And they're acting like its a California drought..

    So why not prepare for it if we're gonna cause folks upstate - who actually work and arent looking to sign a fracking lease - to lose their livelihoods?
    I agree but there is a lot more to it. 98% full sounds like a lot but its not. Its like saying i may be losing my job but my bank account has money in it so why not spend on entertainment? Not sound thinking right? Well it not sound to say our reservoirs our 98% full so lets let water run down the river for fisherman and if we have a problem we will worry about it then. And although the plants can be built rather quickly the government red tape will take longer to pass than the actual construction. But i agree, they should start but it will take years to complete

    To look good is to fish good

  12. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Roselle Park, New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    5,421
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    718
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,018
    Thanked in
    487 Posts
    Chats
    1310
    Groans
    17
    Groaned 12 Times in 11 Posts


    Re: Sign the petition

    Quote Originally Posted by golden beetle View Post
    Tom, if New York City is going to act like a drought is imminent, when the reservoirs are 98 percent full, we need to ask whether it isnt reasonable to demand that they build desalination plants, like they're doing in San Diego today. Their plant will be online in 2016.

    It doesn't take long to build. Lockheed Martin says that it has developed cost effective desalination technology, and to me, it makes sense to put pressure on NYC to invest in innovation and technology, especially if it saves jobs upstate.

    98 percent full.

    And they're acting like its a California drought..

    So why not prepare for it if we're gonna cause folks upstate - who actually work and arent looking to sign a fracking lease - to lose their livelihoods?
    Uh ohhh.. Beetle pulled out the "T" card! lol

    Pictures taken before/after/during fly fishing:
    http://dcabarle.smugmug.com/Sports/F...79119552_XXeHe

  13. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    new jersey near new york city
    Posts
    6,263
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,485
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,512
    Thanked in
    875 Posts
    Chats
    1100
    Groans
    87
    Groaned 68 Times in 58 Posts


    Re: Sign the petition

    Quote Originally Posted by dcabarle View Post
    Uh ohhh.. Beetle pulled out the "T" card! lol
    Did you sign?

    Come on.

    Let em know that if they fear a drought this badly, they need to make plans for the future when it actually could get really bad.


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Thread Participants: 5

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •