Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,018 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 26 Times in 25 Posts

Re: Fished today

Quote Originally Posted by tomfly View Post
    I had a good outing this morning 4-10-15. The Rhyacophilidae imitation that I made, seems to be a hot fly for me the early season. I landed a dozen or so stockies Then I hooked up with this one. I knew instantly that it was no recently stocked fish. He jumped and I got my first glimpse of him and for some reason he made my jaw dropped. I fought the fish rock hopping down the stream for 100 yards . He spooled me twice making my LRH scream ( I love that sound ). I would like to thank all the guys in the Gorge that had the decency to allow me to fight the fish past them. You are all class acts in my book. When I finally landed the fish. The gentlemen that was across the stream from where I netted the fish asked me if I wanted a picture. He snapped the shot. I gave him my contact information. It turns out was an old friend form high school that I have not seen in 30 years. The picture is a little blurry but it is the only one I have of the fish.

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/...psgr33oucc.jpg
    Nice. Until last year, a fish like that would have left the Gorge on a spin angler's stringer. I expect to see more big fish in that section now that is it in its second year as a no-kill section.

Soon the catch and kill crowds will complain that it is unfair they can't catch all the big fish in the KLG because it is a no-kill, not willing to recognize why the fish got so big in the first place

A sinking fly is closer to Hell - ​Unknown

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Rusty Spinner For This Useful Post:

tomfly (04-10-2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    121 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 1 Time in 1 Post

Re: Fished today

Tom,

When I came in off the rd tonight I was talking with another driver I fish with who was covering a pm shift. He was telling me how good he did in the gorge today and then proceeded to show me a picture of a big fish an old friend he went to HS with caught!

Small world.

Thread Information