Hatch Outdoors
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Roselle Park, New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    5,421
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    718
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,016
    Thanked in
    486 Posts
    Chats
    1310
    Groans
    17
    Groaned 12 Times in 11 Posts


    Photography equipment

    Pictures taken before/after/during fly fishing:
    http://dcabarle.smugmug.com/Sports/F...79119552_XXeHe

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Hoboken
    Posts
    621
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    106
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    190
    Thanked in
    133 Posts
    Chats
    11
    Groans
    6
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts


    Re: Photography equipment

    Those drones are cool. My company just bought a couple to get aerial shots of some of our projects so I played around with one the other day. Buy it!


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Hamlin Pa/Deposit NY
    Posts
    3,189
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    971
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    835
    Thanked in
    616 Posts
    Chats
    3357
    Groans
    11
    Groaned 27 Times in 27 Posts


    Re: Photography equipment

    These things are grear if you have neighbors that sun bath in the nude?

    To look good is to fish good

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    11,762
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,578
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,037
    Thanked in
    668 Posts
    Chats
    3059
    Groans
    27
    Groaned 32 Times in 32 Posts


    Re: Photography equipment

    Quote Originally Posted by WBDluver View Post
    These things are grear if you have neighbors that sun bath in the nude?
    My eyes my eyes..it burns!!!!!

    "Angling is extremely time consuming. That's sort of the whole point." - Thomas McGuane

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    570
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    67
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    121
    Thanked in
    85 Posts
    Chats
    278
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 1 Time in 1 Post


    Re: Photography equipment

    Check out this test footage from a friend's rig. They show the drone in action at the end of the short.

    Nantucket Light on Vimeo

    Need to take this thing down into the neversink gorge...

    ALSO --

    Check out this camera my roommate and I stayed up all night working on.



    It's for the guys who make these pixar shorts -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iL2TX5lU0bw

    They have been commissioned by the southby southwest film festival to make a bunch of shorts/bumper vids for introducing the categories and this prop is their centerpiece.

    The camera is almost entirely organic and made from shit we gathered when I was fishing the Musconetcong on Monday. The film is made from orchid fronds and those spools will actually feed each other if you pull on a piece of tippet. The lens rotates and telescopes like it should.

    We were up ALL NIGHT working on it.



    Shooting started this afternoon...







    Lacey: Where'd you get that pistol?
    Blevins: At the gettin' place.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    3,183
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    38
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    779
    Thanked in
    451 Posts
    Chats
    1522
    Groans
    3
    Groaned 35 Times in 24 Posts


    Re: Photography equipment

    I just pissed myself.

    HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHH

    ************************************************** ************
    FOR THE HATERS, HOW TO FISH BEADS!!!!!


    http://www.njflyfishing.com/vBulleti...sssssssss.html

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Roselle Park, New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    5,421
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    718
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,016
    Thanked in
    486 Posts
    Chats
    1310
    Groans
    17
    Groaned 12 Times in 11 Posts


    Re: Photography equipment

    Quote Originally Posted by moosekid View Post
    Check out this test footage from a friend's rig. They show the drone in action at the end of the short.

    Nantucket Light on Vimeo

    Need to take this thing down into the neversink gorge...

    ALSO --

    Check out this camera my roommate and I stayed up all night working on.



    It's for the guys who make these pixar shorts -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iL2TX5lU0bw

    They have been commissioned by the southby southwest film festival to make a bunch of shorts/bumper vids for introducing the categories and this prop is their centerpiece.

    The camera is almost entirely organic and made from shit we gathered when I was fishing the Musconetcong on Monday. The film is made from orchid fronds and those spools will actually feed each other if you pull on a piece of tippet. The lens rotates and telescopes like it should.

    We were up ALL NIGHT working on it.



    Shooting started this afternoon...





    You get an A+ for creativity. My first thought was the Flintstones when looking at it.

    The drone at the end of that video is kick ass and probably ran $10,000. I don't have that kind of change laying around but it's always cool to watch someone else spend their money and make a cool video like that!

    Pictures taken before/after/during fly fishing:
    http://dcabarle.smugmug.com/Sports/F...79119552_XXeHe

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    570
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    67
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    121
    Thanked in
    85 Posts
    Chats
    278
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 1 Time in 1 Post


    Re: Photography equipment

    Quote Originally Posted by dcabarle View Post
    You get an A+ for creativity. My first thought was the Flintstones when looking at it.

    The drone at the end of that video is kick ass and probably ran $10,000. I don't have that kind of change laying around but it's always cool to watch someone else spend their money and make a cool video like that!
    something like 24 K for that bad boy....

    ....but it pays for itself in less than two months of being rented out.

    if you end up getting that stuff and need to shoot some models, i can ask wbdluver if he is available.

    Lacey: Where'd you get that pistol?
    Blevins: At the gettin' place.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Hamlin Pa/Deposit NY
    Posts
    3,189
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    971
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    835
    Thanked in
    616 Posts
    Chats
    3357
    Groans
    11
    Groaned 27 Times in 27 Posts


    Re: Photography equipment

    Quote Originally Posted by moosekid View Post
    something like 24 K for that bad boy....

    ....but it pays for itself in less than two months of being rented out.

    if you end up getting that stuff and need to shoot some models, i can ask wbdluver if he is available.
    i am available. Probably make the cover of "Studmuffin Monthly"

    To look good is to fish good

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    11,762
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,578
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,037
    Thanked in
    668 Posts
    Chats
    3059
    Groans
    27
    Groaned 32 Times in 32 Posts


    Re: Photography equipment

    Quote Originally Posted by WBDluver View Post
    i am available. Probably make the cover of "Studmuffin Monthly"
    More like muffintop of the month you boob

    "Angling is extremely time consuming. That's sort of the whole point." - Thomas McGuane

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MACFLY For This Useful Post:

    dcabarle (01-14-2015), WBDluver (01-13-2015)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Thread Participants: 5

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •