Rio
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
Results 85 to 96 of 166
  1. #85
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,072
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    232
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    569
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Chats
    54
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 9 Times in 9 Posts


    Re: Is Climate change science really settled?

    Quote Originally Posted by lightenup View Post
    Viruses don't destroy the host all the time, but they try boob..The immune system of the earth will cure cyrus the virus.......you should censor yourself. .......
    This is a good analogy. If a meteor or a thermonuclear event doesn't get us, disease is very likely. Look at this Ebola thing, and the guy who got off of the plane in Houston. The outcome may have been a little different if he got off of the plane in Mumbai or Beijing. These scenarios are not as impossible as you think they may be.

    Roll up the windows Brian, you're letting the stank out.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Trout Nazi For This Useful Post:

    lightenup (10-03-2014)

  3. #86
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Troy, NY
    Posts
    729
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    430
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    50
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Chats
    1
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts


    Re: Is Climate change science really settled?

    Quote Originally Posted by MACFLY View Post

    I know...i'm such an effing liar...oh well...

    Global Warming: Trend and Variation


  4. The Following User Says Thank You to eddavidson9 For This Useful Post:

    lightenup (10-03-2014)

  5. #87
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Hoboken
    Posts
    634
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    108
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    196
    Thanked in
    138 Posts
    Chats
    11
    Groans
    6
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts


    Re: Is Climate change science really settled?

    Quote Originally Posted by Trout Nazi View Post
    Speaking of viruses, how fucking stupid (yes, I have to curse to stress this point) is our government for continuing to bring Ebola patients to the US?
    I don't get why anyone is allowed to fly in or out of those infected West African countries right now.


  6. #88
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    1060 West Addison, Chicago....
    Posts
    4,489
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,230
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,067
    Thanked in
    716 Posts
    Chats
    4558
    Groans
    30
    Groaned 12 Times in 12 Posts


    Re: Is Climate change science really settled?

    Melting Arctic ice leave 35,000 walrus stranded in northwest Alaska | Fox News

    Look at all the extra sea ice.....
    No matter what you believe, someone will create a study to prove you right or wrong......

    "I'm not out on the river to win." -Kieth Rutherford

  7. #89
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,521
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    148
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    529
    Thanked in
    313 Posts
    Chats
    0
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 3 Times in 3 Posts


    Re: Is Climate change science really settled?

    Quote Originally Posted by eddavidson9 View Post
    I know...i'm such an effing liar...oh well...

    Global Warming: Trend and Variation
    Finally, someone that understands statistics. I was only responding to MAC's statement that the earth was in a cooling trend. All, and I mean all of the historical data points to a warming trend overall.
    I'm not discussing the whys and wherefores of the warming trend, only that the trend is warming not cooling. You can't refute that historical data unless you have your own numbers from all those years and can prove that NOAA is wrong for some explainable reason.


  8. #90
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    11,957
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,645
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,111
    Thanked in
    714 Posts
    Chats
    3180
    Groans
    28
    Groaned 33 Times in 33 Posts


    Re: Is Climate change science really settled?

    Quote Originally Posted by eddavidson9 View Post
    I know...i'm such an effing liar...oh well...

    Global Warming: Trend and Variation
    Are you no longer tired?

    Are you planning to have a conversation with someone other than yourself. Btw don't call yourself a liar. You need forest yourself better than that you boob.

    "Angling is extremely time consuming. That's sort of the whole point." - Thomas McGuane

  9. #91
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,072
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    232
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    569
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Chats
    54
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 9 Times in 9 Posts


    Re: Is Climate change science really settled?

    Quote Originally Posted by emoussa View Post
    I don't get why anyone is allowed to fly in or out of those infected West African countries right now.
    I don't understand this either. We know what needs to be done to contain an outbreak, but we just don't do it.

    Roll up the windows Brian, you're letting the stank out.

  10. #92
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,072
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    232
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    569
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Chats
    54
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 9 Times in 9 Posts


    Re: Is Climate change science really settled?

    Quote Originally Posted by FIN-ITE 34 View Post
    Finally, someone that understands statistics. I was only responding to MAC's statement that the earth was in a cooling trend. All, and I mean all of the historical data points to a warming trend overall.
    I'm not discussing the whys and wherefores of the warming trend, only that the trend is warming not cooling. You can't refute that historical data unless you have your own numbers from all those years and can prove that NOAA is wrong for some explainable reason.
    The problem with all of these "graphs", from both sides of the argument is that you can cherry pic your data points to graph out whatever you want. And all of internet scientists never actually inquire about the quality of the raw data because we've all picked sides already. Its useless to keep doing this.


  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trout Nazi For This Useful Post:

    lightenup (10-03-2014), MACFLY (10-03-2014)

  12. #93
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    11,957
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,645
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,111
    Thanked in
    714 Posts
    Chats
    3180
    Groans
    28
    Groaned 33 Times in 33 Posts


    Re: Is Climate change science really settled?

    Quote Originally Posted by Trout Nazi View Post
    The problem with all of these "graphs", from both sides of the argument is that you can cherry pic your data points to graph out whatever you want. And all of internet scientists never actually inquire about the quality of the raw data because we've all picked sides already. Its useless to keep doing this.

    I agree with you TN and really the point is that much of this is not easily explained which was the point of the article I posted. The latest IPCC report really couldn't explain it either.

    Climate scientists told to 'cover up' the fact that the Earth's temperature hasn't risen for the last 15 years | Daily Mail Online

    "Angling is extremely time consuming. That's sort of the whole point." - Thomas McGuane

  13. #94
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    333
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    75
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    83
    Thanked in
    53 Posts
    Chats
    6
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts


    Re: Is Climate change science really settled?

    Quote Originally Posted by MACFLY View Post
    I agree with you TN and really the point is that much of this is not easily explained which was the point of the article I posted. The latest IPCC report really couldn't explain it either.

    Climate scientists told to 'cover up' the fact that the Earth's temperature hasn't risen for the last 15 years | Daily Mail Online
    This is hilarious. The scare quotes around "'cover up'" are apparently meant to tip us off that nobody was actually told to "cover up" anything. A bunch of countries objected to the fact that the commission chose an abnormally hot starting year for their graphs. That all that happened.

    I actually feel like every moment I spend staring at this thread is making me dumber. Like Fox News. Since I know of plenty of other more enjoyable ways of killing brain cells, I will bid you all good luck on sorting out this whole mysterious conundrum of supposed global warming and other Soros-funded conspiracies to deprive you all of your right to die in a catastrophic hurricane induced flood that everybody else saw coming.


  14. #95
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    11,957
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,645
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,111
    Thanked in
    714 Posts
    Chats
    3180
    Groans
    28
    Groaned 33 Times in 33 Posts


    Re: Is Climate change science really settled?

    Quote Originally Posted by mob201 View Post
    This is hilarious. The scare quotes around "'cover up'" are apparently meant to tip us off that nobody was actually told to "cover up" anything. A bunch of countries objected to the fact that the commission chose an abnormally hot starting year for their graphs. That all that happened.

    I actually feel like every moment I spend staring at this thread is making me dumber. Like Fox News. Since I know of plenty of other more enjoyable ways of killing brain cells, I will bid you all good luck on sorting out this whole mysterious conundrum of supposed global warming and other Soros-funded conspiracies to deprive you all of your right to die in a catastrophic hurricane induced flood that everybody else saw coming.
    does Rachel Maddow know you wear her underwear?

    "Angling is extremely time consuming. That's sort of the whole point." - Thomas McGuane

  15. #96
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wasilla, Alaska
    Posts
    4,253
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,176
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    900
    Thanked in
    552 Posts
    Chats
    826
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 25 Times in 25 Posts


    Re: Is Climate change science really settled?

    We haven't been keeping records long enough to understand what the fuck is going on.

    If you actually believe man has the power to fart and increase the global temperature, then I have a bridge, in Arizona, going over a creek on some ocean front property to sell you.

    Do humans have an impact on the environment? Of course we do, but don't think for a second that we are the only source for your "climate change".

    It's an agenda and both sides are using it to keep people divided. Keep falling for all that mumbo jumbo. Don't forget to buy you carbon credits from Al Gore or GE.

    If any of you do want to buy the bridge or land, I will buy you a plane ticket to Dallas, or Liberia.

    Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
    Mark Twain

    http://www.savebristolbay.org/

    REAL FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS SPOON FEED

    http://www.roehard.com

    http://www.glsteelheadco.com




Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Thread Participants: 21

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •