Thomas & Thomas
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 23
  1. #1
    Mwa7368 is offline Fishizzle, I use worms but I'm looking to upgrade!
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    9
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Chats
    0
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts


    Nice brown from KLG tuesday

    Water was low but found this guy in a nice sized hole. Biggest one I've caught in NJ.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.JPG 
Views:	328 
Size:	312.9 KB 
ID:	10993

    Similar Threads:

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,513
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    143
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    527
    Thanked in
    311 Posts
    Chats
    0
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 3 Times in 3 Posts


    Re: Nice brown from KLG tuesday

    Nice fish. Ease up on your grip next time.


  3. The Following User Says Thank You to FIN-ITE 34 For This Useful Post:

    fluid1 (09-15-2014)

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    1060 West Addison, Chicago....
    Posts
    4,479
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,230
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,059
    Thanked in
    713 Posts
    Chats
    4538
    Groans
    30
    Groaned 12 Times in 12 Posts


    Re: Nice brown from KLG tuesday

    Simms taught him how to hold trout I guess....

    "I'm not out on the river to win." -Kieth Rutherford

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    new jersey near new york city
    Posts
    6,279
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,488
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,522
    Thanked in
    880 Posts
    Chats
    1105
    Groans
    87
    Groaned 68 Times in 58 Posts


    Re: Nice brown from KLG tuesday

    Quote Originally Posted by Mwa7368 View Post
    Water was low but found this guy in a nice sized hole. Biggest one I've caught in NJ.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.JPG 
Views:	328 
Size:	312.9 KB 
ID:	10993
    Very good picture.

    The problem with trout is that they move too much and often pictures turn out blurry.

    Nice job keeping that guy still for the camera.


  6. #5
    Mwa7368 is offline Fishizzle, I use worms but I'm looking to upgrade!
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    9
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Chats
    0
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts


    Re: Nice brown from KLG tuesday

    Quote Originally Posted by FIN-ITE 34 View Post
    Nice fish. Ease up on your grip next time.
    Yeah, tough to take the photo when your out there solo, I read that piece on grip after the fact, I think I'm low enough on the body but I agree, a bit tight.


  7. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    1060 West Addison, Chicago....
    Posts
    4,479
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,230
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,059
    Thanked in
    713 Posts
    Chats
    4538
    Groans
    30
    Groaned 12 Times in 12 Posts


    Re: Nice brown from KLG tuesday

    Quote Originally Posted by Mwa7368 View Post
    Yeah, tough to take the photo when your out there solo, I read that piece on grip after the fact, I think I'm low enough on the body but I agree, a bit tight.
    Get a good rubber net......leave the fish in the net, in the water, and take a picture, have forceps, remove the hook, wet your hand, pick up the fish gently face it into the current, submerge it...sometimes at this point I will grab the tail of the fish and wait until it kicks free, or just hold the belly side loosely until it swims away under its own power....
    For example............I watched this fish sit in a hole in front of me after I caught it......it took about 45 minutes before it started to feed again......it was pretty cool, like it forgot about being caught...

    Oh...and welcome to NEFF!!!



    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140908_131543 (2).jpg 
Views:	627 
Size:	445.2 KB 
ID:	10995  
    "I'm not out on the river to win." -Kieth Rutherford

  8. #7
    Mwa7368 is offline Fishizzle, I use worms but I'm looking to upgrade!
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    9
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Chats
    0
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts


    Re: Nice brown from KLG tuesday

    I appreciate some advice but the lengths that you take to not disturb the fish are unreasonable and unnecessary. Plus the picture isn't good. Your also making a lot of assumptions that come across as condescending; no net, no forceps? If you chose not to dispense your advice in a directive manner it may help you.


    Quote Originally Posted by lightenup View Post
    Get a good rubber net......leave the fish in the net, in the water, and take a picture, have forceps, remove the hook, wet your hand, pick up the fish gently face it into the current, submerge it...sometimes at this point I will grab the tail of the fish and wait until it kicks free, or just hold the belly side loosely until it swims away under its own power....
    For example............I watched this fish sit in a hole in front of me after I caught it......it took about 45 minutes before it started to feed again......it was pretty cool, like it forgot about being caught...




  9. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Bedminster
    Posts
    69
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    16
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    5
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Chats
    0
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts


    Re: Nice brown from KLG tuesday

    DSLR cameras feature remote control. You can set the camera up on a gorillapod, like on a good, flat-topped boulder, while you keep the trout in the water, enclosed in the rubber net. Then you can get a solo shot just as if someone else shot you with the fish. I bought my remote online for less than 4 bucks, including shipment. Maybe some point and shoots have this feature too, I don't know.


  10. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    new jersey near new york city
    Posts
    6,279
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,488
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,522
    Thanked in
    880 Posts
    Chats
    1105
    Groans
    87
    Groaned 68 Times in 58 Posts


    Re: Nice brown from KLG tuesday

    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Edward Litton View Post
    DSLR cameras feature remote control. You can set the camera up on a gorillapod, like on a good, flat-topped boulder, while you keep the trout in the water, enclosed in the rubber net. Then you can get a solo shot just as if someone else shot you with the fish. I bought my remote online for less than 4 bucks, including shipment. Maybe some point and shoots have this feature too, I don't know.
    All that technology and expense for a clear picture of a trout, when a proper fish grip will do the job?


  11. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    1060 West Addison, Chicago....
    Posts
    4,479
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,230
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,059
    Thanked in
    713 Posts
    Chats
    4538
    Groans
    30
    Groaned 12 Times in 12 Posts


    Re: Nice brown from KLG tuesday

    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Edward Litton View Post
    DSLR cameras feature remote control. You can set the camera up on a gorillapod, like on a good, flat-topped boulder, while you keep the trout in the water, enclosed in the rubber net. Then you can get a solo shot just as if someone else shot you with the fish. I bought my remote online for less than 4 bucks, including shipment. Maybe some point and shoots have this feature too, I don't know.
    Is it really that important?

    "I'm not out on the river to win." -Kieth Rutherford

  12. #11
    Mwa7368 is offline Fishizzle, I use worms but I'm looking to upgrade!
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    9
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Chats
    0
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts


    Re: Nice brown from KLG tuesday

    Quote Originally Posted by lightenup View Post
    Is it really that important?

    No that's crazy, I work in the photo industry and wouldn't even do that. I can still get a great shot with my phone and just put the net under the fish and loosen the grip a bit if he jumps out he'll just land in the net. Problem solved.


  13. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wasilla, Alaska
    Posts
    4,253
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,176
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    900
    Thanked in
    552 Posts
    Chats
    826
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 25 Times in 25 Posts


    Re: Nice brown from KLG tuesday

    Quote Originally Posted by golden beetle View Post
    All that technology and expense for a clear picture of a trout, when a proper fish grip will do the job?

    I squeeze trout so hard here in AK, they spit eggs up.

    Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
    Mark Twain

    http://www.savebristolbay.org/

    REAL FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS SPOON FEED

    http://www.roehard.com

    http://www.glsteelheadco.com




Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Thread Participants: 8

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •