Delaware River Club
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Results 37 to 48 of 95
  1. #37
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    11,829
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,603
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,057
    Thanked in
    682 Posts
    Chats
    3059
    Groans
    27
    Groaned 32 Times in 32 Posts


    Re: Mysterious China-themed 'city' proposed in New York’s Catskills

    We are truly a melting pot

    "Angling is extremely time consuming. That's sort of the whole point." - Thomas McGuane

  2. #38
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Middletown, Ny
    Posts
    1,155
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    401
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    249
    Thanked in
    157 Posts
    Chats
    2452
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 1 Time in 1 Post


    Re: Mysterious China-themed 'city' proposed in New York’s Catskills

    Quote Originally Posted by CTobias View Post
    I don't know about just white, but I'd prefer an American developer instead of some commie bastards. Better yet they don't make a gook themed city in the Catskills. They can keep that garbage in NYC.
    Listen here you round eyed, racist cock meat sandwich... Some of NEFF's finest members are of Asian blood. Like me, being part Japanese, I am very proud of my heritage. The strength of the samurai runs through my veins!!

    For hundreds of years, the people of Japan have always hated the Chinese, and this damn Chinese community shit pisses me off too, Rong time!!

    Where will I practice my sacred arts of habachi and tenkara now???

    "Life's hard. It's even harder when you're stupid."
    -John Wayne

  3. #39
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wasilla, Alaska
    Posts
    4,221
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,149
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    896
    Thanked in
    549 Posts
    Chats
    825
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 25 Times in 25 Posts


    Re: Mysterious China-themed 'city' proposed in New York’s Catskills

    Quote Originally Posted by Trout Guy View Post
    Listen here you round eyed, racist cock meat sandwich... Some of NEFF's finest members are of Asian blood. Like me, being part Japanese, I am very proud of my heritage. The strength of the samurai runs through my veins!!

    For hundreds of years, the people of Japan have always hated the Chinese, and this damn Chinese community shit pisses me off too, Rong time!!

    Where will I practice my sacred arts of habachi and tenkara now???
    I'm of Asian decent also, which is why I can use words like gook, chink, an zipper head. I don't mean it in a derogatory way. It's just like calling a white person a cracker.

    See how ridiculous that argument sounds?

    In a reality, I'm not racist. I own a color tv and hate everyone equally.

    Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
    Mark Twain

    http://www.savebristolbay.org/

    REAL FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS SPOON FEED

    http://www.roehard.com

    http://www.glsteelheadco.com




  4. #40
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Warwick, Ny
    Posts
    1,156
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    15
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    114
    Thanked in
    73 Posts
    Chats
    131
    Groans
    3
    Groaned 6 Times in 6 Posts


    Re: Mysterious China-themed 'city' proposed in New York’s Catskills

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe D View Post
    Sound like some might feel it would be okay for the development to proceed if it were done by white Anglo Saxon Protestants...

    Count me out of that minority. I just genuinely care about my Neversink and catskills

    "...,he who does not put a padlock on his basket ought to put one on his mouth"
    The Practical Angler
    C.W. Stewart
    Circa 1847

  5. #41
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    2,101
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,684
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    800
    Thanked in
    459 Posts
    Chats
    215
    Groans
    5
    Groaned 9 Times in 8 Posts


    Re: Mysterious China-themed 'city' proposed in New York’s Catskills

    I don’t get some of the responses on this thread. I am a staunch Conservative / Capitalist and, I don’t see what the big deal is. Is this not an example of the American Dream? My ancestors basically did the same thing. They carved out their little niche in society. This is one of the reasons this country became as powerful as it is. A conglomeration of different cultures all playing their part in the pursuit of prosperity. When that works like it does in this country, you have the high standard of living we all have today. When society chooses winners and losers based on race, region, political views, sexual orientation, that is not Capitalism. That is basically a Caste system. We do not want to go down that road.

    "Hatchery fish have the same colors, but they always seem muted like bad reproductions of great art." Bill Barich

  6. #42
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Warwick, Ny
    Posts
    1,156
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    15
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    114
    Thanked in
    73 Posts
    Chats
    131
    Groans
    3
    Groaned 6 Times in 6 Posts


    Re: Mysterious China-themed 'city' proposed in New York’s Catskills

    Quote Originally Posted by tomfly View Post
    I don’t get some of the responses on this thread. I am a staunch Conservative / Capitalist and, I don’t see what the big deal is. Is this not an example of the American Dream? My ancestors basically did the same thing. They carved out their little niche in society. This is one of the reasons this country became as powerful as it is. A conglomeration of different cultures all playing their part in the pursuit of prosperity. When that works like it does in this country, you have the high standard of living we all have today. When society chooses winners and losers based on race, region, political views, sexual orientation, that is not Capitalism. That is basically a Caste system. We do not want to go down that road.
    You don't care about the neversink. I'm also a staunch conservative and capitalist but this river was supposed to be preserved for people like me to enjoy.

    "...,he who does not put a padlock on his basket ought to put one on his mouth"
    The Practical Angler
    C.W. Stewart
    Circa 1847

  7. #43
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Warwick, Ny
    Posts
    1,156
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    15
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    114
    Thanked in
    73 Posts
    Chats
    131
    Groans
    3
    Groaned 6 Times in 6 Posts


    Re: Mysterious China-themed 'city' proposed in New York’s Catskills

    Quote Originally Posted by tomfly View Post
    I don’t get some of the responses on this thread. I am a staunch Conservative / Capitalist and, I don’t see what the big deal is. Is this not an example of the American Dream? My ancestors basically did the same thing. They carved out their little niche in society. This is one of the reasons this country became as powerful as it is. A conglomeration of different cultures all playing their part in the pursuit of prosperity. When that works like it does in this country, you have the high standard of living we all have today. When society chooses winners and losers based on race, region, political views, sexual orientation, that is not Capitalism. That is basically a Caste system. We do not want to go down that road.
    See the trout in my Avatar? That was caught in Thompson...... and catches like that are surprisingly common. I'll catch fish close to or that size 2-3 times a trip

    "...,he who does not put a padlock on his basket ought to put one on his mouth"
    The Practical Angler
    C.W. Stewart
    Circa 1847

  8. #44
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    2,101
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,684
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    800
    Thanked in
    459 Posts
    Chats
    215
    Groans
    5
    Groaned 9 Times in 8 Posts


    Re: Mysterious China-themed 'city' proposed in New York’s Catskills

    Quote Originally Posted by Catskill Mountain Man View Post
    You don't care about the neversink. I'm also a staunch conservative and capitalist but this river was supposed to be preserved for people like me to enjoy.
    Explain why that would change. Roscoe is built near a few trout waters it actually enhances the fishing experience.( Fly shops, restaurants, overnight facilities) Give some facts on why you would not be able to the fish Neversink and do not speculate.

    "Hatchery fish have the same colors, but they always seem muted like bad reproductions of great art." Bill Barich

  9. #45
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Warwick, Ny
    Posts
    1,156
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    15
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    114
    Thanked in
    73 Posts
    Chats
    131
    Groans
    3
    Groaned 6 Times in 6 Posts


    Re: Mysterious China-themed 'city' proposed in New York’s Catskills

    Quote Originally Posted by tomfly View Post
    Explain why that would change. Roscoe is built near a few trout waters it actually enhances the fishing experience.( Fly shops, restaurants, overnight facilities) Give some facts on why you would not be able to the fish Neversink and do not speculate.

    1. Increased traffic inside and outside of the gorge. I can't stand when people get in my way. The lots could be full almost everyday. Decreases the experience

    2. Orientals tend to not understand fishing laws (we all know this to be true). I believe they will use bait when they arent allowed and keep fish when they aren't allowed

    3. Increased runoff. I know a lot of you are arguing that nothing will flow into the neversink but we all know that somewhere a stream will be affected and the neversink is the most major waterway in the area.

    4. More garbage.

    5. Disputes between law abiding fishermen and law breaking fishermen

    6. More prime (and some favorite) spots having fishermen in them already.

    need I say more?

    "...,he who does not put a padlock on his basket ought to put one on his mouth"
    The Practical Angler
    C.W. Stewart
    Circa 1847

  10. #46
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    2,101
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,684
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    800
    Thanked in
    459 Posts
    Chats
    215
    Groans
    5
    Groaned 9 Times in 8 Posts


    Re: Mysterious China-themed 'city' proposed in New York’s Catskills

    Quote Originally Posted by Catskill Mountain Man View Post
    1. Increased traffic inside and outside of the gorge. I can't stand when people get in my way. The lots could be full almost everyday. Decreases the experience

    2. Orientals tend to not understand fishing laws (we all know this to be true). I believe they will use bait when they arent allowed and keep fish when they aren't allowed

    3. Increased runoff. I know a lot of you are arguing that nothing will flow into the neversink but we all know that somewhere a stream will be affected and the neversink is the most major waterway in the area.

    4. More garbage.

    5. Disputes between law abiding fishermen and law breaking fishermen

    6. More prime (and some favorite spots) having fishermen in them already.

    need I say more?
    CMM I get what you are saying. You want to keep it pristine. All of you arguments are speculation and from a single point of view. People getting in your way? If you don't want that, buy the proposed site for the town and no one will bother you.

    "Hatchery fish have the same colors, but they always seem muted like bad reproductions of great art." Bill Barich

  11. #47
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Warwick, Ny
    Posts
    1,156
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    15
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    114
    Thanked in
    73 Posts
    Chats
    131
    Groans
    3
    Groaned 6 Times in 6 Posts


    Re: Mysterious China-themed 'city' proposed in New York’s Catskills

    Quote Originally Posted by tomfly View Post
    CMM I get what you are saying. You want to keep it pristine. All of you arguments are speculation and from a single point of view. People getting in your way? If you don't want that, buy the proposed site for the town and no one will bother you.
    Tell the real estate agent, I'll be in contact

    "...,he who does not put a padlock on his basket ought to put one on his mouth"
    The Practical Angler
    C.W. Stewart
    Circa 1847

  12. #48
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    New Jersey's scenic Ramapo Valley
    Posts
    2,769
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    161
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    466
    Thanked in
    311 Posts
    Chats
    42
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 4 Times in 4 Posts


    Re: Mysterious China-themed 'city' proposed in New York’s Catskills

    Quote Originally Posted by Catskill Mountain Man View Post
    ........2. Orientals tend to not understand fishing laws (we all know this to be true). I believe they will use bait when they arent allowed and keep fish when they aren't allowed......
    Anyone who was around when "fcch" was still posting here knows that NOT to be true. Some of the customs and regulations that he helps enforce on the waters where he guides, are much more restrictive than most of us "white guys" would put up with at home.

    Yes... Creating a mid sized city in the middle of the Catskills would have negative environmental consequences, and it's worth fighting.

    Turning it into a racist thing will, just lose support for your cause.

    I hate it when someone on "my side" starts throwing out a bunch of red herrings.....

    If you give ten reasons why something shouldn't be done, and your opposition can show that one or more of them is wrong, everything you said gets called into question.

    You already lost TomFly, and probably just about anyone else with any Asian ancestry ("Orientals" are rugs, people might be Asians).


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Thread Participants: 17

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •