Royal Wulff Products
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 15

Thread: testing upload

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    New Jersey's scenic Ramapo Valley
    Posts
    2,787
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    159
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    463
    Thanked in
    309 Posts
    Chats
    42
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 4 Times in 4 Posts


    testing upload

    testing upload


    It uploaded, but the thumbnail didn't show.
    "img" tags can be used to display an uploaded picture.
    "Right-click" the text in the thumbnail box to get the URL of the image.

    Don't worry about the way the fish is being handled....
    • 1. That's not me
      2. It was over 30 years ago
      3. The fish was killed and eaten


    Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lake Geo.jpg 
Views:	304 
Size:	13.6 KB 
ID:	9578  

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    1060 West Addison, Chicago....
    Posts
    4,278
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,149
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    993
    Thanked in
    666 Posts
    Chats
    4391
    Groans
    27
    Groaned 12 Times in 12 Posts


    Re: testing upload

    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    testing upload


    It uploaded, but the thumbnail didn't show.
    "img" tags can be used to display an uploaded picture.
    "Right-click" the text in the thumbnail box to get the URL of the image.

    Don't worry about the way the fish is being handled....
    • 1. That's not me
      2. It was over 30 years ago
      3. The fish was killed and eaten
    I'm more interested in that outboard motor.....My father-in-law probably built it in Wisconsin 35 years ago...is it still around?....does it still run?

    "I'm not out on the river to win." -Kieth Rutherford

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    New Jersey's scenic Ramapo Valley
    Posts
    2,787
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    159
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    463
    Thanked in
    309 Posts
    Chats
    42
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 4 Times in 4 Posts


    Re: testing upload

    Quote Originally Posted by lightenup View Post
    I'm more interested in that outboard motor.....My father-in-law probably built it in Wisconsin 35 years ago...is it still around?....does it still run?
    It was a rental.
    At the time my brother was a KC-135 navigator (now retired), stationed at Pease AFB (now closed). I believe he rented boat, motor, and trailer, from an on-base Rod & Gun Club (or something).

    In the foreground, you can see the bow of my boat. It had an Evinrude 9.5, and the spare was a Johnson 4. I still have both motors, but haven't used them since 1983. They had rubber water pump impellers, that may have oxidized by now. The Evinrude 9.5 had a very low profile... nice for fishing.


  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Pete For This Useful Post:

    lightenup (08-06-2013)

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    1060 West Addison, Chicago....
    Posts
    4,278
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,149
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    993
    Thanked in
    666 Posts
    Chats
    4391
    Groans
    27
    Groaned 12 Times in 12 Posts


    Re: testing upload

    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    It was a rental.
    At the time my brother was a KC-135 navigator (now retired), stationed at Pease AFB (now closed). I believe he rented boat, motor, and trailer, from an on-base Rod & Gun Club (or something).

    In the foreground, you can see the bow of my boat. It had an Evinrude 9.5, and the spare was a Johnson 4. I still have both motors, but haven't used them since 1983. They had rubber water pump impellers, that may have oxidized by now. The Evinrude 9.5 had a very low profile... nice for fishing.
    How much do you think.....if the parts are available..do you think it would take to get them running....Did you say a Johnson 4? Is that HP? It would be perfect for my canoe..............Johnson 4 hp - YouTube

    "I'm not out on the river to win." -Kieth Rutherford

  6. #5
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    New Jersey's scenic Ramapo Valley
    Posts
    2,787
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    159
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    463
    Thanked in
    309 Posts
    Chats
    42
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 4 Times in 4 Posts


    Re: testing upload

    Quote Originally Posted by lightenup View Post
    How much do you think.....if the parts are available..do you think it would take to get them running....Did you say a Johnson 4? Is that HP? It would be perfect for my canoe..............Johnson 4 hp - YouTube
    I really have no idea. Maybe just some fuel, maybe a total rebuild.

    The 4 HP was bought new in 1969. It wasn't enough to get my 12' boat "on plane".
    The 9.5 was bought used in the early 70s... It had a damaged flywheel, but it ran well enough to "plane" the boat.
    They've both ran in May 1983, but have been sitting around in a damp basement since then.

    About 10 or15 years ago, I tried pulling the start cords. The 9.5 was "frozen", it took a 1/2-drive inch breaker bar, and considerable effort, to make it turn.

    At this point they're mementos from my (single) Lake George days...... Not for sale.


  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Pete For This Useful Post:

    lightenup (08-07-2013)

  8. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wasilla, Alaska
    Posts
    4,221
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,149
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    896
    Thanked in
    549 Posts
    Chats
    825
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 25 Times in 25 Posts


    Re: testing upload

    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Not for sale.
    Everything is for sale. So if someone offered $100k for the motor you'd say no?

    Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
    Mark Twain

    http://www.savebristolbay.org/

    REAL FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS SPOON FEED

    http://www.roehard.com

    http://www.glsteelheadco.com




  9. #7
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    New Jersey's scenic Ramapo Valley
    Posts
    2,787
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    159
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    463
    Thanked in
    309 Posts
    Chats
    42
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 4 Times in 4 Posts


    Re: testing upload

    Quote Originally Posted by CTobias View Post
    Everything is for sale. So if someone offered $100k for the motor you'd say no?
    Anyone offering that much, is obviously mentally impaired.
    Even if I were to be low enough to take advantage of him, sales to an incompetent person won't hold up in court once his relatives, caregiver, and/or guardian find out.


  10. #8
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    New Jersey's scenic Ramapo Valley
    Posts
    2,787
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    159
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    463
    Thanked in
    309 Posts
    Chats
    42
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 4 Times in 4 Posts


    Re: testing upload

    Testing uploads again.... in case more than one makes a difference.

    Beer


    Tamarack


    Grinner



    Who needs photobucket?
    I guess I don't understand the problem.

    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	~Tamarack.jpg 
Views:	215 
Size:	18.2 KB 
ID:	9615   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	beerdrinker.gif 
Views:	219 
Size:	21.2 KB 
ID:	9614   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2grinner.gif 
Views:	379 
Size:	4.5 KB 
ID:	9616  

  11. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    1060 West Addison, Chicago....
    Posts
    4,278
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,149
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    993
    Thanked in
    666 Posts
    Chats
    4391
    Groans
    27
    Groaned 12 Times in 12 Posts


    Re: testing upload

    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Beer




    I guess I don't understand the problem.
    I believe the picture sums up the problem.........

    "I'm not out on the river to win." -Kieth Rutherford

  12. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Roselle Park, New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    5,446
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    729
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,032
    Thanked in
    492 Posts
    Chats
    1310
    Groans
    17
    Groaned 12 Times in 11 Posts


    Re: testing upload

    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Testing uploads again.... in case more than one makes a difference.

    Beer


    Tamarack


    Grinner



    Who needs photobucket?
    I guess I don't understand the problem.
    Are these pics from a previous upload?

    Pictures taken before/after/during fly fishing:
    http://dcabarle.smugmug.com/Sports/F...79119552_XXeHe

  13. #11
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    New Jersey's scenic Ramapo Valley
    Posts
    2,787
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    159
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    463
    Thanked in
    309 Posts
    Chats
    42
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 4 Times in 4 Posts


    Re: testing upload

    Quote Originally Posted by dcabarle View Post
    Are these pics from a previous upload?
    The beer guy - No
    Lake Tamarack - No
    The knot - maybe, I may have originally got it from an old album here, but this was a new upload.

    My baby brother in the first post - No

    One possibility....
    The owner of this site, likes to show off fancy new things, and makes infinite mods to his site.
    I have an ancient computer, with an ancient OS, and an ancient browser.

    Just a second... I the punch card reader just jammed...
    OK... I'll use the paper tape...

    In order to cope with all that foolishness, and the script timeouts that go with it, I had to disable scripting.
    Are there any new scripts, that may be working at cross purposes to uploads?


  14. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    856
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    313
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    213
    Thanked in
    155 Posts
    Chats
    525
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 5 Times in 5 Posts


    Re: testing upload

    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    The beer guy - No
    Lake Tamarack - No
    The knot - maybe, I may have originally got it from an old album here, but this was a new upload.

    My baby brother in the first post - No

    One possibility....
    The owner of this site, likes to show off fancy new things, and makes infinite mods to his site.
    I have an ancient computer, with an ancient OS, and an ancient browser.

    Just a second... I the punch card reader just jammed...
    OK... I'll use the paper tape...

    In order to cope with all that foolishness, and the script timeouts that go with it, I had to disable scripting.
    Are there any new scripts, that may be working at cross purposes to uploads?
    God bless you IT guys and your own special language.. You guys make the world go 'round but I have absolutely no clue how you do it


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Thread Participants: 4

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •