Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Cape May at the end of Oct.

Hello , I am new to the forum and this is my first post. I was looking to do some New Jersey Striper fishing toward the end of Oct. Was wandering if the Cape May area fishes at that time of the year. Not looking for exact locations just trying to be at the right place at the right time. I have fished IBSP before and that is also a possibility. We will be flyfishing. Have been fishing Cape Cod in the spring and usually the fall for about the last 12 years. Only fished Jersey twice and in the fall at IBSP. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    Anthony

Similar Threads:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    265 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 5 Times in 5 Posts

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

Re: Cape May at the end of Oct.

I don't fish cape may,usually stay further north. The end of October is primetime ok the jersey coast though. Pretty much anywhere you fish you have a good shot at bass and blues. I would say further north would be better from ibsp all the way to the hook. You can find fish anywhere though at that time of year just have to put your time in. No matter we're you fish try going at night seems like not many guys fish the beach at night anymore personally I think it is the best time.

Beads? We don't need no stinkin beads.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

Trico Mike,
    Thanks for the reply. Will definatley try the night fishing. Especially that late in the fall. Just not enough daylight to get it all in.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    982 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 24 Times in 23 Posts

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

Like Trico Mike said, our better saltwater fishing from the beach is from Sandy Hook south to the bottom of LBI. In October, daytime fishing can be good on overcast or rainy days and not just at night. If you're chasing Albies, then they only feed during daylight hours. That species is typically gone by mid-month, at least near shore. I concentrate most of my efforts between Sandy Hook and 7 Presidents in Monmouth. I can't afford to buy the beach buggy pass for IBSP as I don't have enough time to fish there, but that beach is great whether you walk it or drive it with a pass. LBI beaches can be hit or miss for bass, but blues are where you find them. If bass are your # 1 priority from the beach, stay between the Hook and the bottom of IBSP if you can. Later in October and well into December is bass time. It used to be earlier, but ocean temps have taken longer to cool for many years, and the bass are showing up (and staying) later in the fall than they did when I was younger.

A sinking fly is closer to Hell - ​Unknown

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

Thanks For the response Rusty. Looks like we will stick to fishing up north. Any suggestions on where to stay? Last time we were over there fishing we stayed at a place very near IBSP and it was bad. I considered sleeping with my gear on. Waders and all. Needless to say it wasn't very comfortable after a long day of fishing.

Thanks Again,
    Anthony

Thread Information