Hatch Outdoors
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Results 73 to 84 of 122
  1. #73
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wasilla, Alaska
    Posts
    4,221
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,149
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    896
    Thanked in
    549 Posts
    Chats
    825
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 25 Times in 25 Posts


    Re: Coming to a city near you!!

    Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
    Mark Twain

    http://www.savebristolbay.org/

    REAL FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS SPOON FEED

    http://www.roehard.com

    http://www.glsteelheadco.com




  2. #74
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    1060 West Addison, Chicago....
    Posts
    4,332
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,172
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,013
    Thanked in
    680 Posts
    Chats
    4391
    Groans
    27
    Groaned 12 Times in 12 Posts


    Re: Coming to a city near you!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Future Fanatic View Post
    I know PLENTY of people willing to do hard work... if they were compensated well.

    There is a HUGE segment of our society that COULD do these jobs. Stopping subsidizing their way of life might go a long way toward providing an impetus to take these jobs. AND if this pool of "low wage" jobs then dried up, then it would help dissuade others from coming here to live illegally.

    I have to add, I am totally disgusted with the amount of posts on this FLY FISHING site that have NOTHING to do with fly fishing... Where is the OUTRAGE I've seen in the past? (or should I say TROUTRAGE?)
    Their way of life is the key.....it is a societal issue.....Many Americans feel it is their right to have whatever everyone else has....even if they don't have to work for it..or can't afford it......how come all the illegals can support themselves here on the meager wages, AND send money home to their families?
    They do not expect a certain lifestyle, and live within their means.....I don't think I need to explain or discuss what I am trying to say..you are all smart and understand! We are spoiled by are own expectations of life..it is perpetuated by the media, entertainment and otherwise....

    send those hard workers to NJ....I look to hire and get 0 resumes.....it is kind of ridiculous!

    "I'm not out on the river to win." -Kieth Rutherford

  3. #75
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Unadilla, New York
    Posts
    5,206
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    688
    Thanked in
    489 Posts
    Chats
    683
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 24 Times in 22 Posts


    Re: Coming to a city near you!!

    Quote Originally Posted by CTobias View Post
    Just thought I would bring up some very odd "coincidences" that have occurred over the past couple years.
    Award-winning journalist Michael Hastings, 33, dies in car accident in Los Angeles - The Washington Post
    He was very worried and "concerned that the government was looking in on his material"... (2:20)
    Video at:
    http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...,3894870.story

    John
    Some circumstantial evidence is very strong, as when you find a trout in the milk.--Henry David Thoreau

  4. #76
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wasilla, Alaska
    Posts
    4,221
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,149
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    896
    Thanked in
    549 Posts
    Chats
    825
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 25 Times in 25 Posts


    Re: Coming to a city near you!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Future Fanatic View Post
    He was very worried and "concerned that the government was looking in on his material"... (2:20)
    Video at:
    Journalist Michael Hastings dies; autopsy results will take weeks - latimes.com
    It's just a "coincidence". Nothing to see here folks.

    Engine thrown 50' from the car. "Sounded like a bomb went off". Probably because it was a bomb placed in his car. Cars are designed so the engine drops off the mounts and falls under the car during a crash, not fly 50' out of the car.

    Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
    Mark Twain

    http://www.savebristolbay.org/

    REAL FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS SPOON FEED

    http://www.roehard.com

    http://www.glsteelheadco.com




  5. #77
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    147
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    4
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Chats
    1
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 1 Time in 1 Post


    Re: Coming to a city near you!!

    They are able to support themselves because parts of a number of families and their friends share an apartment, and they live on rice and beans. Is this the means that people should live within? Are people spoiled to expect more if they work a full time job?

    Quote Originally Posted by lightenup View Post
    Their way of life is the key.....it is a societal issue.....Many Americans feel it is their right to have whatever everyone else has....even if they don't have to work for it..or can't afford it......how come all the illegals can support themselves here on the meager wages, AND send money home to their families?
    They do not expect a certain lifestyle, and live within their means.....I don't think I need to explain or discuss what I am trying to say..you are all smart and understand! We are spoiled by are own expectations of life..it is perpetuated by the media, entertainment and otherwise....

    send those hard workers to NJ....I look to hire and get 0 resumes.....it is kind of ridiculous!



  6. #78
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Unadilla, New York
    Posts
    5,206
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    688
    Thanked in
    489 Posts
    Chats
    683
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 24 Times in 22 Posts


    Re: Coming to a city near you!!

    Quote Originally Posted by fishhead View Post
    They are able to support themselves because parts of a number of families and their friends share an apartment, and they live on rice and beans. Is this the means that people should live within? Are people spoiled to expect more if they work a full time job?
    You mean that this scenario works because they rely on the principle of the nuclear/extended family supporting eachother? Like in the "old days"? When your relative lost his job or ability to work YOU supported/took care of him? When you realized that it was YOUR responsibility to take care of those you cared about?

    Yes, maybe people ARE spoiled to EXPECT more. Especially if they EXPECT that OTHER people who happen to make more (based on their good decisions to get a higher education or training or take a risk or have some skill or whatever) to PAY them for their decisions NOT to do those things. What "level" is appropriate to "expect"? Should a low income person who is un or under employed smoke? drink alcohol? have cable? kids? I mean, really, we should help out with rent/food if they have money for "extras" like that?

    We as tax payers provide through government programs, MANY opportunities to get education/training at LITTLE or NO expense to low income people. But when they decide not to avail themselves of THAT opportunity, we then are taxed to support THAT decision also.

    You can lead a horse to water...
    But when he DOESN'T drink...

    I don't mind HELPING people.
    But I can't want them to "succeed" MORE than they want themselves to succeed.

    John
    Some circumstantial evidence is very strong, as when you find a trout in the milk.--Henry David Thoreau

  7. #79
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    1060 West Addison, Chicago....
    Posts
    4,332
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,172
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,013
    Thanked in
    680 Posts
    Chats
    4391
    Groans
    27
    Groaned 12 Times in 12 Posts


    Re: Coming to a city near you!!

    Quote Originally Posted by fishhead View Post
    They are able to support themselves because parts of a number of families and their friends share an apartment, and they live on rice and beans. Is this the means that people should live within? Are people spoiled to expect more if they work a full time job?
    My friend...do not believe everything you see or hear...this is the case sometimes, but not all of them live like dogs.....The people who work with me, yes they all presented papers for hire....live well. They do share an apartment, or house, but with the normal amount of people to bedroom ratio. You see, they choose to have more than one job, or work a twelve hour shift six days a week...I will not allow them to work seven days no matter how much they plead with me......they live responsibly and frugally....extras are not a necessity...as FF has so graciously explained in his last post, choices are key.......this IS what America was built on, it was just the Irish, and Italian, and Polish immigrants years ago...who are now the American people...My family came from Ireland and Italy...The Irish side came to America in the early 1700, the Italian side came here in the 1920's.....hard working people, usually from another country....

    Oh and BTW, they like rice and beans, but also eat other things that are expensive..they work in a good restaurant and work very hard and do a very good job, so the chef takes care of them.....

    "I'm not out on the river to win." -Kieth Rutherford

  8. #80
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wasilla, Alaska
    Posts
    4,221
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,149
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    896
    Thanked in
    549 Posts
    Chats
    825
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 25 Times in 25 Posts


    Re: Coming to a city near you!!

    Quote Originally Posted by fishhead View Post
    They are able to support themselves because parts of a number of families and their friends share an apartment, and they live on rice and beans. Is this the means that people should live within? Are people spoiled to expect more if they work a full time job?
    You also forgot to mention they collect welfare and other government handouts using fake credentials.

    Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
    Mark Twain

    http://www.savebristolbay.org/

    REAL FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS SPOON FEED

    http://www.roehard.com

    http://www.glsteelheadco.com




  9. #81
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wasilla, Alaska
    Posts
    4,221
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,149
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    896
    Thanked in
    549 Posts
    Chats
    825
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 25 Times in 25 Posts


    Re: Coming to a city near you!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Future Fanatic View Post
    You can lead a horse to water...
    But when he DOESN'T drink...
    You take him out back and shoot him behind the chemical shed!

    Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
    Mark Twain

    http://www.savebristolbay.org/

    REAL FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS SPOON FEED

    http://www.roehard.com

    http://www.glsteelheadco.com




  10. #82
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wasilla, Alaska
    Posts
    4,221
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,149
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    896
    Thanked in
    549 Posts
    Chats
    825
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 25 Times in 25 Posts


    Re: Coming to a city near you!!

    Quote Originally Posted by lightenup View Post
    this IS what America was built on, it was just the Irish, and Italian, and Polish immigrants years ago...who are now the American people......
    You forgot the Asians that helped build the rail road!

    Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
    Mark Twain

    http://www.savebristolbay.org/

    REAL FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS SPOON FEED

    http://www.roehard.com

    http://www.glsteelheadco.com




  11. #83
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    1060 West Addison, Chicago....
    Posts
    4,332
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,172
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,013
    Thanked in
    680 Posts
    Chats
    4391
    Groans
    27
    Groaned 12 Times in 12 Posts


    Re: Coming to a city near you!!

    Quote Originally Posted by CTobias View Post
    You forgot the Asians that helped build the rail road!
    Yes..I thought about including them, but..they were treated worse than the Irish in the coal mines...

    call me a bigot I guess.....

    "I'm not out on the river to win." -Kieth Rutherford

  12. #84
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    147
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    4
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Chats
    1
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 1 Time in 1 Post


    Re: Coming to a city near you!!

    In the course of my work, I had contact with many immigrant families. I saw first hand how many of them were living. As you note the folks in your employ work upwards of 72 hours per week and share expenses to get by, and you pay them better than most places and add food as a nice perk. My son was washing dishes in a restaurant next to immigrant workers and was paid $5/hr. I don't know what the other people were paid or their immigration status. We want our kids to work hard, but the dream can't be, "If you work hard in a tough job 72 hrs. a week, you'll be able to share an apartment with a group of other people, eat a meager diet, and enjoy few of the amenities of life. Maybe, if you scrimp, you can go to a movie once a month."

    Quote Originally Posted by lightenup View Post
    My friend...do not believe everything you see or hear...this is the case sometimes, but not all of them live like dogs.....The people who work with me, yes they all presented papers for hire....live well. They do share an apartment, or house, but with the normal amount of people to bedroom ratio. You see, they choose to have more than one job, or work a twelve hour shift six days a week...I will not allow them to work seven days no matter how much they plead with me......they live responsibly and frugally....extras are not a necessity...as FF has so graciously explained in his last post, choices are key.......this IS what America was built on, it was just the Irish, and Italian, and Polish immigrants years ago...who are now the American people...My family came from Ireland and Italy...The Irish side came to America in the early 1700, the Italian side came here in the 1920's.....hard working people, usually from another country....

    Oh and BTW, they like rice and beans, but also eat other things that are expensive..they work in a good restaurant and work very hard and do a very good job, so the chef takes care of them.....



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Thread Participants: 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •