Hatch Outdoors
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Results 13 to 24 of 122
  1. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,044
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    228
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    553
    Thanked in
    375 Posts
    Chats
    54
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 9 Times in 9 Posts


    Re: Coming to a city near you!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Every news article I could find on the subject, said AR-15. Their source appeared to be a congressman who disapproved (Jeff Duncan (R-S.C.)), and had no reason to sugar coat it.

    Without any insider information, that's all I have to go on.

    The Congressman actually seemed to be buying the anti-gun rhetoric about the AR-15. Based on his picture, he probably grew up after the draft ended. His Wikipedia page didn't mention any military service.... I guess it's possible that he doesn't know the difference.

    BTW: Real Men are strong enough to control M-14A1s, and strong enough to carry enough "real" bullets to keep it fed, they don't need those little Mattel products.

    Disclaimer: None of this has anything to do with the original topic, nor does it have any bearing on whether or not IRS agents have the right to bear arms.
    These haji's would do just as well with an AR-15, if you can't shoot, select fire ain't gonna make you any more deadly. And real men carry FN-FAL's.

    Roll up the windows Brian, you're letting the stank out.

  2. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    609
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    78
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    144
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    Chats
    278
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 1 Time in 1 Post


    Re: Coming to a city near you!!

    islamaphobia. don't get me wrong, i have little sympathy for the syrians. if you're not a migratory flock of swedish sluts--you can stay out of my country. islamaphobia, however, is unproductive. there are one and a half billion muslims on the earth. if you were to say that muslims are prone to anti-american terrorist activity you wouldn't be wrong--but it's still a numbers game. that's the same thing as saying every member of NEFF is a justin beiber fan just because lightenup knows all his lyrics by heart.


  3. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Unadilla, New York
    Posts
    5,206
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    688
    Thanked in
    489 Posts
    Chats
    683
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 24 Times in 22 Posts


    Re: Coming to a city near you!!

    But, given your analogy, if you made it a policy that no one from NEFF could choose the music, you'd likely ensure that your party would be BEIBER music free...

    John
    Some circumstantial evidence is very strong, as when you find a trout in the milk.--Henry David Thoreau

  4. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    609
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    78
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    144
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    Chats
    278
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 1 Time in 1 Post


    Re: Coming to a city near you!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Future Fanatic View Post
    But, given your analogy, if you made it a policy that no one from NEFF could choose the music, you'd likely ensure that your party would be BEIBER music free...
    not necessarily. if we're gonna continue with this analogy (which i hope will pervade this dialogue), couldn't you say that timothy mcveigh was beiber fan?? in this scenario, all the muslim beiber bashing in the world couldn't guarantee that you wouldn't hear his astral vocal stylings. hahahahaha. still with me??

    that being said, i don't have a working solution to the terrorism issue either--and it is a real issue. i'm just cynical about politics in general 'cause 90% of the population can't tell the difference between logic and non-sequitr. For example: if you agree that banning guns won't actually keep them out of the country don't turn around the next day and be a staunch supporter of banning things from the country (*cough*muslims*cough*)--according to your logic they'll just find another way in. and before everyone jumps down my throat i wanna go on the record as a libertarian-ass gun enthusiast. the only gun regulations i'd support would be ones that keep guns away from stupid people...oh wait...the stupid people in congress would never go for that........


  5. #17
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    New Jersey's scenic Ramapo Valley
    Posts
    2,769
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    161
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    467
    Thanked in
    312 Posts
    Chats
    42
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 4 Times in 4 Posts


    Re: Coming to a city near you!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Trout Nazi View Post
    These haji's would do just as well with an AR-15, if you can't shoot, select fire ain't gonna make you any more deadly.
    Actually it will. If you can "fill the air" with hot lead, the "live enemies" will be the ones curled up in the bottoms of their foxholes, with soiled underwear, trying to crawl into their helmets.

    The Russian "AK" series of weapons, sacrificed accuracy for reliability. In the hands of well disciplined troops they can be quite formidable.

    And real men carry FN-FAL's.
    Same cartridge as the M-14. Selected by most other NATO countries.
    It had similar problems with full auto..


  6. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,044
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    228
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    553
    Thanked in
    375 Posts
    Chats
    54
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 9 Times in 9 Posts


    Re: Coming to a city near you!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Actually it will. If you can "fill the air" with hot lead, the "live enemies" will be the ones curled up in the bottoms of their foxholes, with soiled underwear, trying to crawl into their helmets.

    The Russian "AK" series of weapons, sacrificed accuracy for reliability. In the hands of well disciplined troops they can be quite formidable.

    Same cartridge as the M-14. Selected by most other NATO countries.
    It had similar problems with full auto..
    Key word here is well disciplined. Are we sending weapons to well disciplined people?

    And the Brits proved that a semi-automatic FAL is just as effective, if not more so, than the full auto version.

    Real men carry FAL's, but real men who have money carry HK417's. Kicking myself for not getting one for a really good deal when I had the chance.

    Roll up the windows Brian, you're letting the stank out.

  7. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wasilla, Alaska
    Posts
    4,221
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,149
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    896
    Thanked in
    549 Posts
    Chats
    825
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 25 Times in 25 Posts


    Coming to a city near you!!

    Come on folks...lets get back on track.

    I have nothing against Muslims, it's jus a coincidence most of the "terrorism" is perpetuated by people who claim to be Muslim.

    Anyways, my issue is the fact we are going to spend more tax payer dollars to import votes for progressives. Add the votes in if the amnesty bill passes and we are screwed. There aren't enough people working and paying taxes in America to support all these free loaders.

    Plus, who is going to vet these refugees to see if they are in any way shape or form tied to terrorism.

    Anyways, it's really not so much about the terrorism as it is the burden it will put on American tax payers on an already over stressed system.

    The fact that this administration is arming terrorists, I mean "Syrian freedom fighters", is absolutely disgusting. But hey, a friend of my enemy is my friend right? More tax payer dollars being spent on supporting people who have more than likely killed American troops abroad.

    Of course now I can't find the video on YouTube (just a mere coincidence) of an American General talking about our plans to take out Gaddafi, Assad, Mubarek, and Ahmadinejad. If you think all of the regions hostility at once is just a coincidence and all stemmed from the "Arab Spring", then I have a bridge to sell you and some ocean front property in Arizona.

    I said on another forum that we have been running weapons to Syrian "rebels" for a long, long time. They took the weapons they found in Libya and ran them to the rebels. Now this administration needs to make it public before the truth comes out.

    I will get into it more later.

    Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
    Mark Twain

    http://www.savebristolbay.org/

    REAL FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS SPOON FEED

    http://www.roehard.com

    http://www.glsteelheadco.com




  8. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    1060 West Addison, Chicago....
    Posts
    4,333
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,172
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,014
    Thanked in
    681 Posts
    Chats
    4391
    Groans
    27
    Groaned 12 Times in 12 Posts


    Re: Coming to a city near you!!

    Quote Originally Posted by moosekid View Post
    islamaphobia. don't get me wrong, i have little sympathy for the syrians. if you're not a migratory flock of swedish sluts--you can stay out of my country. islamaphobia, however, is unproductive. there are one and a half billion muslims on the earth. if you were to say that muslims are prone to anti-american terrorist activity you wouldn't be wrong--but it's still a numbers game. that's the same thing as saying every member of NEFF is a justin beiber fan just because lightenup knows all his lyrics by heart.
    Not even involved in the conversation and I get mentioned...Good to see my celebrity is growing...Soon I will be as famous as the talentless child Bieber,......

    Don't worry..I will remember all you little people in the end.....

    "I'm not out on the river to win." -Kieth Rutherford

  9. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    147
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    4
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Chats
    1
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 1 Time in 1 Post


    Re: Coming to a city near you!!

    Watch the news. We're not in the war yet, but the left is screaming. It's McCain and the neocons who are doing the cheerleading.
    Quote Originally Posted by CTobias View Post
    So apparently they have 300 Marines on the Jordan/Syria border.

    Where is the left screaming about illegal wars now?



  10. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wasilla, Alaska
    Posts
    4,221
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,149
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    896
    Thanked in
    549 Posts
    Chats
    825
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 25 Times in 25 Posts


    Coming to a city near you!!

    Quote Originally Posted by fishhead View Post
    Watch the news. We're not in the war yet, but the left is screaming. It's McCain and the neocons who are doing the cheerleading.
    We've been in the war since the beginning. Who do you think supplied the rebels with the munitions? It's all the neocons? It's ALL of them! Obama is Bush on steroids. There have been more drone strikes under this administration than the previous, more American deaths in Afghanistan in his first four, etc.

    He interjected in Libya, illegally, then he covered up his tracks about running weapons from Libya to Syria by taking out the ones at the top who were controlling it.

    Anyone who doesn't believe the US hasn't had a hand in the start up of the uprisings and continued support in Libya, Egypt, Syria, etc., is not paying attention to history.

    Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
    Mark Twain

    http://www.savebristolbay.org/

    REAL FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS SPOON FEED

    http://www.roehard.com

    http://www.glsteelheadco.com




  11. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    147
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    4
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Chats
    1
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 1 Time in 1 Post


    Re: Coming to a city near you!!

    Bush neglected a war we had a reason to fight to engage in one we shouldn't have been in. Manipulated intelligence and lied to the American people, Congress, and the world to re-fight his daddy's war. Left a mess in both countries, as well as here. Obama has utilized drone strikes instead of boots on the ground to fight extremists. There was probably too may used and too many civilian casualties associated with them. Slaughter in Libya was getting so bad even the UN Security Council voted to intervene without an objection from any member. US involvement was fairly measured in a supporting role to other nations. I am not pleased that we are sending arms to Syria, and marines on the border is even worse. Mid-east is a complicated problem, with militias and religious sects at each other's throats, and the less we are involved, the better.


  12. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wasilla, Alaska
    Posts
    4,221
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,149
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    896
    Thanked in
    549 Posts
    Chats
    825
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 25 Times in 25 Posts


    Coming to a city near you!!

    The UN is not congress. Only congress has the ability to declare war.

    You don't know what was happening in Libya. You only know the propaganda that was being put out in the media.

    Drone strikes for safety? Always about safety. How about the drone strikes carried out on American citizens. Was that for our safety?

    They wanted WWIII and they are about to get it.

    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...a-8660358.html

    Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
    Mark Twain

    http://www.savebristolbay.org/

    REAL FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS SPOON FEED

    http://www.roehard.com

    http://www.glsteelheadco.com




Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Thread Participants: 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •