Hatch Outdoors
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 18
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    New Jersey's scenic Ramapo Valley
    Posts
    2,788
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    159
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    463
    Thanked in
    309 Posts
    Chats
    42
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 4 Times in 4 Posts


    Liberals and greenhouse gasses

    Given all the rhetoric about CO2 emissions and global warming, it may surprise some of you to learn that carbon dioxide is NOT the most abundant greenhouse gas. It's number two....
    Greenhouse gas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    The most abundant greenhouse gas is water vapor.
    Most atmospheric water vapor is the product of evaporation from the surface of the oceans....

    Yet... when BP, or the captain of the Exxon Valdez, attempt to slow down the evaporation process by coating a portion of the ocean with a protective film of oil.....

    The same liberal weenies who've been crying loudest about CO2, go berserk.


  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pete For This Useful Post:

    CTobias (05-22-2013), Trouser Trout (05-24-2013)

  3. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    280
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    15
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    99
    Thanked in
    53 Posts
    Chats
    12
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 1 Time in 1 Post


    Re: Liberals and greenhouse gasses

    interesting point of view petey...this conversation will certainly end in some indonesian dialect

    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Given all the rhetoric about CO2 emissions and global warming, it may surprise some of you to learn that carbon dioxide is NOT the most abundant greenhouse gas. It's number two....
    Greenhouse gas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    The most abundant greenhouse gas is water vapor.
    Most atmospheric water vapor is the product of evaporation from the surface of the oceans....

    Yet... when BP, or the captain of the Exxon Valdez, attempt to slow down the evaporation process by coating a portion of the ocean with a protective film of oil.....

    The same liberal weenies who've been crying loudest about CO2, go berserk.



  4. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    1060 West Addison, Chicago....
    Posts
    4,280
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,149
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    993
    Thanked in
    666 Posts
    Chats
    4391
    Groans
    27
    Groaned 12 Times in 12 Posts


    Re: Liberals and greenhouse gasses

    Quote Originally Posted by thrashers.wheat View Post
    interesting point of view petey...this conversation will certainly end in some indonesian dialect
    So...who is gonna start first?....
    That is an interesting point of view..
    but lets twist it for a second....

    All the melting glaciers from the burning of fossil fuels is adding additional fresh water to the environment, in turn creating EVEN MORE greenhouse gasses....so lets panic more....terima kasih..that is thank you in some Indonesian dialect....

    "I'm not out on the river to win." -Kieth Rutherford

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Unadilla, New York
    Posts
    5,179
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    674
    Thanked in
    479 Posts
    Chats
    683
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 24 Times in 22 Posts


    Re: Liberals and greenhouse gasses

    Quote Originally Posted by lightenup View Post
    So...who is gonna start first?....
    That is an interesting point of view..
    but lets twist it for a second....

    All the melting glaciers from the burning of fossil fuels is adding additional fresh water to the environment, in turn creating EVEN MORE greenhouse gasses....so lets panic more....terima kasih..that is thank you in some Indonesian dialect....
    But, here in the U.S. our CO2 emissions are down to 1994 levels... thanks in part to ....wait for it.... natural gas usage over coal... Do you think the environmentalists are happy about that?

    John
    Some circumstantial evidence is very strong, as when you find a trout in the milk.--Henry David Thoreau

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Future Fanatic For This Useful Post:

    CTobias (05-22-2013), Kilgour Farms (05-23-2013)

  7. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    1060 West Addison, Chicago....
    Posts
    4,280
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,149
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    993
    Thanked in
    666 Posts
    Chats
    4391
    Groans
    27
    Groaned 12 Times in 12 Posts


    Re: Liberals and greenhouse gasses

    Quote Originally Posted by Future Fanatic View Post
    But, here in the U.S. our CO2 emissions are down to 1994 levels... thanks in part to ....wait for it.... natural gas usage over coal... Do you think the environmentalists are happy about that?
    I would hope so, but doesn't fracking use evaporation pools in some instances to remove harmful chemicals from used fracking water....so wait for it....they are adding to "the problem"....

    "I'm not out on the river to win." -Kieth Rutherford

  8. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Hamlin Pa/Deposit NY
    Posts
    3,205
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    976
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    838
    Thanked in
    619 Posts
    Chats
    3357
    Groans
    11
    Groaned 27 Times in 27 Posts


    Re: Liberals and greenhouse gasses

    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Given all the rhetoric about CO2 emissions and global warming, it may surprise some of you to learn that carbon dioxide is NOT the most abundant greenhouse gas. It's number two....
    Greenhouse gas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    The most abundant greenhouse gas is water vapor.
    Most atmospheric water vapor is the product of evaporation from the surface of the oceans....

    Yet... when BP, or the captain of the Exxon Valdez, attempt to slow down the evaporation process by coating a portion of the ocean with a protective film of oil.....

    The same liberal weenies who've been crying loudest about CO2, go berserk.
    Ohh good. So the galaciers are not melting, and the strorms and not getting stronger and more frequent in intensity and the UV is not as strong so as to require protective clothing and sun block. Whew, i was worried for a moment.

    To look good is to fish good

  9. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wasilla, Alaska
    Posts
    4,221
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,149
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    896
    Thanked in
    549 Posts
    Chats
    825
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 25 Times in 25 Posts


    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...eating-up.html

    Maybe those global warming people can explain why Anchorage just broke the record for the longest snowfall season since 1982(?).

    Oh that's right, global warming, I mean climate change, causes extreme cooling too. You can't make this stuff up.

    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/sc...s-2168418.html

    Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
    Mark Twain

    http://www.savebristolbay.org/

    REAL FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS SPOON FEED

    http://www.roehard.com

    http://www.glsteelheadco.com




  10. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Unadilla, New York
    Posts
    5,179
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    674
    Thanked in
    479 Posts
    Chats
    683
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 24 Times in 22 Posts


    Re: Liberals and greenhouse gasses

    Quote Originally Posted by lightenup View Post
    I would hope so, but doesn't fracking use evaporation pools in some instances to remove harmful chemicals from used fracking water....so wait for it....they are adding to "the problem"....
    Some places allow companies to evaporate the water to lower the volume of the waste produced and disposed of... not in NY (someday).

    So, you're saying the EVAPORATION of water is the problem here?

    Evaporation COOLS the atmosphere...

    Using your logic, we should cut down the forests to stop evaporation... evapotranspiration, that is... An acre of forest can put a million gallons of water into the atmosphere each year.... THIS MUST END....(think of the children).

    John
    Some circumstantial evidence is very strong, as when you find a trout in the milk.--Henry David Thoreau

  11. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    1060 West Addison, Chicago....
    Posts
    4,280
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,149
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    993
    Thanked in
    666 Posts
    Chats
    4391
    Groans
    27
    Groaned 12 Times in 12 Posts


    Re: Liberals and greenhouse gasses

    Quote Originally Posted by Future Fanatic View Post
    Some places allow companies to evaporate the water to lower the volume of the waste produced and disposed of... not in NY (someday).

    So, you're saying the EVAPORATION of water is the problem here?

    Evaporation COOLS the atmosphere...

    Using your logic, we should cut down the forests to stop evaporation... evapotranspiration, that is... An acre of forest can put a million gallons of water into the atmosphere each year.... THIS MUST END....(think of the children).
    YES, I say, we must eradicate all the water on the planet to stop poisoning the atmosphere with these greenhouse gases...yes we must!!!!!! This will do away with burning of fossil fuels as well....I say save the world!!!!!!

    "I'm not out on the river to win." -Kieth Rutherford

  12. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Unadilla, New York
    Posts
    5,179
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    674
    Thanked in
    479 Posts
    Chats
    683
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 24 Times in 22 Posts


    Re: Liberals and greenhouse gasses

    Quote Originally Posted by lightenup View Post
    YES, I say, we must eradicate all the water on the planet to stop poisoning the atmosphere with these greenhouse gases...yes we must!!!!!! This will do away with burning of fossil fuels as well....I say save the world!!!!!!
    Well, that's one way to go....

    John
    Some circumstantial evidence is very strong, as when you find a trout in the milk.--Henry David Thoreau

  13. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    11,803
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,594
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,047
    Thanked in
    676 Posts
    Chats
    3059
    Groans
    27
    Groaned 32 Times in 32 Posts


    Re: Liberals and greenhouse gasses

    Quote Originally Posted by WBDluver View Post
    Ohh good. So the galaciers are not melting, and the strorms and not getting stronger and more frequent in intensity and the UV is not as strong so as to require protective clothing and sun block. Whew, i was worried for a moment.
    See you boob nothing to worry about

    Plants Need CO2 - Carbon Dioxide Emissions - Global Warming Climate Change Facts

    "Angling is extremely time consuming. That's sort of the whole point." - Thomas McGuane

  14. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    330
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    10
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    103
    Thanked in
    63 Posts
    Chats
    0
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 4 Times in 4 Posts


    Fucking liberals are ignoring the real problem. Di-hydrogen Oxide. This pervasive solvent can kill you in less than 5 minutes of exposure. At high levels it can interfere with cellular biology. Yet with little to no regulation industry regularly dumps millions of tons of this stuff with little regard to local economies.

    Forget green house gases. Solvents are the problem man!!!

    7 days without fishing, makes one weak.

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BrownChickenBrownTrout For This Useful Post:

    Kilgour Farms (05-23-2013), Pete (05-23-2013)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Thread Participants: 8

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •