Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    683 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 12 Times in 12 Posts

Spring

I'm not sure if this will apply to everyone here, but some thoughts from a guy who is a day..... and a year older, and is reflecting on stuff......

I fish a lot.....I have a demanding job, a demanding wife(at least once a month), and a demanding son........I fish at least once a week, but mostly twice.....I rarely get out for more than two hours, but sometimes I get three or four. It keeps me sane.........my wife understands this.
    Anyway, my point........I fish like this all year, doesn't matter the weather, temperature, time..if I have a free hour, I will be in the water....If it is too hot I will fish for cats, or bass, or whatever, but i will fish...always trout unless it is too hot..

I usually catch something, but if I don't I am happy...

then spring comes, and bugs hatch. and trout get really active, and I catch A LOT of them.....I always forget the gluttony, but when it comes I remember, so I take it for granted......I caught 20 trout in one and a half hours the other day in a small creek in a pool the size of a large SUV.....sure most of them were stocked, but a few were wild, and amazing fish, a few of the stockies were quite fiesty as well...not too bad for Jersey...a short walk from my door. This is the most densely populated state in the country!!!! I was fishing a three wt. rod with a light reel that make the most amazing sound when a trout runs, and a Terrenzio synthetic silk line that has been matured properly, and dances on the water like Fred and Ginger........I was alone. it was quiet, except for the highway that was forty feet from my face.....but it didn't matter.....no distractions could pull me form the perfection of the two hours.......could this experience have been topped in Montana, or B.C., or Alaska...YUP, but it happened in my real world, and happens quite often in the scheme of things.....and I cannot complain...there are more important things in life, but not many that are more fun!!!!

have a great day.....
    One happy guy!!!!

Similar Threads:
    "I'm not out on the river to win." -Kieth Rutherford

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to lightenup For This Useful Post:

Barleywine (05-02-2013), BRK TRT (05-02-2013), GARYB (05-02-2013), mob201 (05-02-2013), Thursthouse (05-02-2013), Trouser Trout (05-02-2013)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Re: Spring

That's my favorite thing about fishing. Time moves slower and you just appreciate it a bit more. Happy birthday man!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to emoussa For This Useful Post:

lightenup (05-01-2013)

flyI4 is offline Fishizzle, I use worms but I'm looking to upgrade!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by emoussa View Post
    That's my favorite thing about fishing. Time moves slower and you just appreciate it a bit more. Happy birthday man!

It moves slower and faster at the same time. I'm thinking, not stressed, and in the moment. At the same time, its the only thing I can do from the hours of 5am to 9pm straight and still not be bored or tired and it went by in a blink of an eye. Both are good .

6. The Following User Says Thank You to flyI4 For This Useful Post:

lightenup (05-02-2013)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 1 Time in 1 Post

Thought I saw somebody on the creek slapping their fly line down on the water. HAHA, JK, that place sure is a gem.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to thrashers.wheat For This Useful Post:

lightenup (05-02-2013)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

People spend a lot of time and money in therapy trying to achieve the balance and peace of mind that you just expressed.

Happy birthday Lord Douchebag!

"The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. When you can fake that, you've got it made."

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Barleywine For This Useful Post:

lightenup (05-02-2013)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    683 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 12 Times in 12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by flyI4 View Post
    It moves slower and faster at the same time. I'm thinking, not stressed, and in the moment. At the same time, its the only thing I can do from the hours of 5am to 9pm straight and still not be bored or tired and it went by in a blink of an eye. Both are good .

Exactly!!!!!!!!!!!

"I'm not out on the river to win." -Kieth Rutherford

Thread Information