Thanked in
    93 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

2013 Harrisburg PA Fishing / Hunting Show Cancelled - NRA Boycott - Media

Good morning.

Big story.

The five day 2013 Harrisburg, PA hunting and fishing show has been cancelled (or postponed) by an organized NRA / Vendor boycott.

The promoter of the show would not allow specific exhibitor to display or sell SA's / assault weapons thus about 200 other exhibitors (clothing, guides, outfitters, lodges, fishing, tackle, foods) walked out as a boycott in sympathy.

Videos and articles via various media below and through google:

Harrisburg outdoor show, focus of boycott, postponed - News - The Times-Tribune

HARRISBURG, Pa.: Pa. outdoors show, focus of boycott, is postponed - Nation Wires - MiamiHerald.com

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...FsXv0QGelYHwAg

NRA boycott kills outdoors show that banned assault weapons | WashingtonExaminer.com

Similar Threads:

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TR For This Useful Post:

CTobias (01-26-2013), Lonewolve (01-26-2013), tomfly (01-26-2013), Trout Fever (01-26-2013), Trout Guy (01-28-2013)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    553 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 25 Times in 25 Posts

This is what happens when you tow the anti gun line! How can you ban guns from an outdoor show and expect people to side with your decision?

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
    Mark Twain

http://www.savebristolbay.org/

REAL FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS SPOON FEED

http://www.roehard.com

http://www.glsteelheadco.com

4. The Following User Says Thank You to CTobias For This Useful Post:

danme (01-26-2013)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    490 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 9 Times in 8 Posts

Re: 2013 Harrisburg PA Fishing / Hunting Show Cancelled - NRA Boycott - Media

its about fucking time someone stood up against these anti gun assholes

TF

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Trout Fever For This Useful Post:

danme (01-26-2013)

TR is offline "You can observe a lot just by watching." Y. Berra
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

Good evening.

307 vendors (so far) have pulled out of the 2013 Harrisburg Fishing and Hunting show with Cabela's probably being the largest exhibitor.

The complete list:

http://mynortheastoutdoors.com/esos-boycott-supporters/

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TR For This Useful Post:

CTobias (01-26-2013), danme (01-26-2013), Trout Fever (01-27-2013)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,040 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 27 Times in 26 Posts

For the record, the NRA had to be convinced to join in this boycott which was 100% a grassroots effort by certain NJ and PA sportsmen and women that sent thousands of emails out to each vendor and posted their received replies on sites like NJ Hunter and other hunting and 2nd Amendment forums. Reed Exhibitions took this one in the butt for sure as they should have.

A sinking fly is closer to Hell - ​Unknown

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

Good morning.

Up to 356 exhibitors have now pulled out of Harrisburg, PA 2013 Show as of today from 307 vendors as this past Friday by going to:

http://mynortheastoutdoors.com/esos-boycott-supporters/

TR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    121 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 5 Times in 5 Posts

I am from Pennsylvania, And IMHO I wholeheartedly agree to the ban of this show. Alot of this really took off because of facebook and a few other social sites. Is it sad that there is no show..absolutely.But a stand must be made, first its this firearm then its that firearm next you know it wont be a Hunting/Fishing expo it will be a Lame Soccer Mom bull shit show. Whether you want to admit it or not fly fishing is part of the so called " Blood Sports". Yes most of us" flyfisherman" practice "Catch and Release" but you have to admit sometimes all the effort in trying to revive your fish doesn't mean that every fish will survive.Sure they look ok immediately after their release.
    I am a lifelong hunter/angler. I am an ethical morally responsible hunter/angler. I don't know about you, but I don't want any office desk hugger deciding precedent for the outdoor activities I enjoy. IMHO this show would be better run by the DCNR and The Pennsylvania Game Commission and Pennsylvania Fish & Boat Commission. The money made from attendence could be used for stream access, stream restoration, better gameland management, prospective property acquisition ect. Some would say its about certain firemarms...its about Principle plain and simple

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Lonewolve For This Useful Post:

Rusty Spinner (01-28-2013)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolve View Post
    I am from Pennsylvania, And IMHO I wholeheartedly agree to the ban of this show. Alot of this really took off because of facebook and a few other social sites. Is it sad that there is no show..absolutely.But a stand must be made, first its this firearm then its that firearm next you know it wont be a Hunting/Fishing expo it will be a Lame Soccer Mom bull shit show. Whether you want to admit it or not fly fishing is part of the so called " Blood Sports". Yes most of us" flyfisherman" practice "Catch and Release" but you have to admit sometimes all the effort in trying to revive your fish doesn't mean that every fish will survive.Sure they look ok immediately after their release.
    I am a lifelong hunter/angler. I am an ethical morally responsible hunter/angler. I don't know about you, but I don't want any office desk hugger deciding precedent for the outdoor activities I enjoy. IMHO this show would be better run by the DCNR and The Pennsylvania Game Commission and Pennsylvania Fish & Boat Commission. The money made from attendence could be used for stream access, stream restoration, better gameland management, prospective property acquisition ect. Some would say its about certain firemarms...its about Principle plain and simple
    -----

Good points except towards the end of your post.

In my opinion, the last entity that should sponsor and promote a fishing and hunting show for the general public should be a state fish and game commission!

This is a brave new world thanks to social networking / immediate digital information among millions and my guess is that the promoters, Reed, never expected this backlash from both the paying public at the gate and their exhibitors whether they be a small outfit like say - Dr. Root's Big Worm Bar - or a large publicly held corporation like Comcast and Cabelas.

My two cents.

TR

14. The Following User Says Thank You to TR For This Useful Post:

Rusty Spinner (01-28-2013)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,040 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

Two questions remain. One is will Reed learn from this and the other is that if they don't, who will run this show next year? It is one of the largest in the nation from what I've always been told. Cabelas pulling out probably had more to do with the NRA backing out than anything. Them and the hundreds of smaller vendors all over the country that pulled together to boycott Reed's poor decision.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

I really hope Barry gets impeached after this whole scandal..

He made the democrats look completely fucking stupid when word got out there wasn't evben an assault rifle used in the Newton shooting..

I have no problem with stricter screenings for prospective firearms purchasers, but are 3 less rounds in a magazine really going to make a fucking diffrence when some nut job goes on a shooting spree??

The vendors are doing a good thing by standing up for what they believe in, I hope the democrats see what they are getting them selfs into before they start a civil war.. Honestly, I think that is what may take place if the government trys to disarm us.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,040 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Trout Guy View Post
    He made the democrats look completely fucking stupid when word got out there wasn't evben an assault rifle used in the Newton shooting..
    Please tell me you're not one of the conspiracy theorists that think the shooter did not use the AR for his killings Both the medical examiner and the CT State Police were on record that all but one killing was performed by .223 rounds from the AR 15 and the only killing by another round was that of the shooter's suicide by one of the handguns he had on him when he entered the school. The idea that he used "other" weapons is false and brought by those that want to make it look like the attempt at a weapons ban is being falsely put forward to further the anti-gun agenda. The anti-gun crowd needed no help to further their cause and they have been wrong all along in their attempts to thwart our 2nd Amendment rights. I just hate seeing the truth tossed out the window by either side simply to further their argument.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Spinner View Post
    Please tell me you're not one of the conspiracy theorists that think the shooter did not use the AR for his killings.
    Hmmm, a conspiracist I am not... What happend was a true tradgedy..

But i do think that the media is under more government influence than what we would like to believe. Its pretty suspicious how our governer pressed so hard for an assault weapons ban immediatley preceding the shooing.. In all honesty I do believe that the democratic party was just simply waiting for an instance like this to blame assault weapons so they could perform a weapons ban.

Just watch this..

NBC Admits AR 15 NOT used at Sandy Hook - YouTube

Thread Information