Royal Wulff Products
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 23

Thread: Larry Donahe

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    371
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    48
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    53
    Thanked in
    33 Posts
    Chats
    1810
    Groans
    91
    Groaned 15 Times in 13 Posts


    Larry Donahe

    Larry Donahe has recently completed a rod for me.

    I will post pics shortly...

    Until then, check out his Facebook page, if you have any interest in the process of building a fine bamboo rod!

    L. P. Donahe Split Cane Rods

    Similar Threads:

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    536
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    721
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    150
    Thanked in
    121 Posts
    Chats
    5385
    Groans
    33
    Groaned 5 Times in 5 Posts


    Re: Larry Donahe

    so what did you have built Beetle? Length? How many pieces? flamed? Blued hardware? Reel Spacer? come with a sock? tube? what did you name it? Is he local ?


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    371
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    48
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    53
    Thanked in
    33 Posts
    Chats
    1810
    Groans
    91
    Groaned 15 Times in 13 Posts


    Re: Larry Donahe

    Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolve View Post
    so what did you have built Beetle? Length? How many pieces? flamed? Blued hardware? Reel Spacer? come with a sock? tube? what did you name it? Is he local ?
    LW, you ask good questions!!!

    The rod is an 8' 5 weight.

    Hollow built.

    Payne 102 taper.

    The wraps are green with black tipping.

    And black intermediates.

    LW, lets fish the D this year!

    You can fish this rod if you'd like!!!


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    536
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    721
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    150
    Thanked in
    121 Posts
    Chats
    5385
    Groans
    33
    Groaned 5 Times in 5 Posts


    Re: Larry Donahe

    Beetle, thats a real nice taper.I can't wait to see your pics. Was there a tube and custom sock included? as well as papers to hold its value?
    My preference is for a Paul Young Perfectionist 7' 6" 2pc 2 tip . I also am in love with Gary Hawes 8' 4 weight. these two seem to just meet my casting abilities.


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    704 Hauser Street
    Posts
    3,690
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,266
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,140
    Thanked in
    807 Posts
    Chats
    1619
    Groans
    5
    Groaned 40 Times in 37 Posts


    Re: Larry Donahe

    Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolve View Post
    Beetle, thats a real nice taper.I can't wait to see your pics. Was there a tube and custom sock included? as well as papers to hold its value?
    My preference is for a Paul Young Perfectionist 7' 6" 2pc 2 tip . I also am in love with Gary Hawes 8' 4 weight. these two seem to just meet my casting abilities.
    No, he packed it in an old Christmas wrapping paper tube and pair of long johns he sharted in.

    Hell no and it aint over now.......

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    536
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    721
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    150
    Thanked in
    121 Posts
    Chats
    5385
    Groans
    33
    Groaned 5 Times in 5 Posts


    Re: Larry Donahe

    You serious?


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    371
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    48
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    53
    Thanked in
    33 Posts
    Chats
    1810
    Groans
    91
    Groaned 15 Times in 13 Posts


    Re: Larry Donahe

    Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolve View Post
    Beetle, thats a real nice taper.I can't wait to see your pics. Was there a tube and custom sock included? as well as papers to hold its value?
    My preference is for a Paul Young Perfectionist 7' 6" 2pc 2 tip . I also am in love with Gary Hawes 8' 4 weight. these two seem to just meet my casting abilities.
    I'm having a Perfectionist built by the same maker for this spring...


  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    704 Hauser Street
    Posts
    3,690
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,266
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,140
    Thanked in
    807 Posts
    Chats
    1619
    Groans
    5
    Groaned 40 Times in 37 Posts


    Re: Larry Donahe

    Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolve View Post
    You serious?
    Very, thats how Larry rolls.

    Hell no and it aint over now.......

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    371
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    48
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    53
    Thanked in
    33 Posts
    Chats
    1810
    Groans
    91
    Groaned 15 Times in 13 Posts


    Re: Larry Donahe

    These pics are a start.

    I'll try to post more later.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	207 
Size:	146.2 KB 
ID:	8483Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	288.7 KB 
ID:	8484


  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    2,101
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,684
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    800
    Thanked in
    459 Posts
    Chats
    215
    Groans
    5
    Groaned 9 Times in 8 Posts


    Re: Larry Donahe

    Quote Originally Posted by Everybody's Friend View Post
    These pics are a start.

    I'll try to post more later.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	207 
Size:	146.2 KB 
ID:	8483Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	288.7 KB 
ID:	8484
    That is a sweet rod GB. Buy a blank at the show and wrapp and finish you on your own. Trust me you will appreciate it way more then one you would have commissioned.

    "Hatchery fish have the same colors, but they always seem muted like bad reproductions of great art." Bill Barich

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to tomfly For This Useful Post:

    Barleywine (01-13-2013)

  12. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    371
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    48
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    53
    Thanked in
    33 Posts
    Chats
    1810
    Groans
    91
    Groaned 15 Times in 13 Posts


    Re: Larry Donahe

    Quote Originally Posted by tomfly View Post
    That is a sweet rod GB. Buy a blank at the show and wrapp and finish you on your own. Trust me you will appreciate it way more then one you would have commissioned.
    Larry Donahe teaches a class and I will take my son out there in a few years to learn.

    I have family out his way in Minnesota, although if that doesn't happen, perhaps I'll look a little closer to home. L.J. Downes is a quality maker who teaches a rod building class out of PA, on the banks of Penns Creek.


  13. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Unadilla, New York
    Posts
    5,213
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    690
    Thanked in
    491 Posts
    Chats
    683
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 24 Times in 22 Posts


    Re: Larry Donahe

    Quote Originally Posted by Everybody's Friend View Post
    . L.J. Downes is a quality maker who teaches a rod building class out of PA, on the banks of Penns Creek.
    Does the weather ever interfere? And what do you do if there's a flash flood? Seems risky...

    John
    Some circumstantial evidence is very strong, as when you find a trout in the milk.--Henry David Thoreau

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Thread Participants: 7

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •