Simms
    Thanks
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Post From Deposit to Hancock

Is anyone aware of the new roadway they're building from Deposit to Hancock?

I was going to purchase property right off the Hale Eddy Bridge. There is presently 10 Acres for sale but I opted out due to talks of a new roadway.

The scoop is that they are building a new Interstate and the state is aquiring land from Deposit to Hancock. They will need to straighten the road out there and this may lead to building a new bridge or two over the Beautiful West Branch.

Too bad, I would have owned 10 acres of land from 1/2 way across the Hale Eddy bridge and to the right. You need a photo of the exact area? I just happen to have one handy! This picture was taken this year about 1 month ago. I'm standing on the Hale Eddy bridge. The property I was looking at included the land under 1/2 of the river (marked) and ten acres on the left side of that up to the bridge I'm standing on. This would have been a great location. 2 islands were included as well as an old house that needs some work. Damn Damn Damn...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bow.jpg 
Views:	263 
Size:	92.5 KB 
ID:	62  

Thanks
    Chats
    Groans

thats a river?? looks like a road with lots of water on it... sure would've been a great place from the looks of it! too bad. there has to be another place to claim! good luck!

sqerl

Thanks
    Chats
    Groans

Thanks
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Dennis,The only road i know of is 17 being changed into i 86.Anyhoo theres plenty of property up there.Let me know if you need a real estate agent?

Thanks
    Chats
    Groans

Yes, 17 is being changed into i-86. But, they've already started purchasing properties from land owners on the 17 side of the tracks. From my understanding, they've even leveled some of the homes. I HATE DEVELOPMENT!!!!

It's not like that part of the state gets so much traffic that they need a new road.

As for the property purchasing on the WB, I'm not so sure right now. I want to wait and see what happens. On the other hand, Stockport doesn't sound like a bad option on the Mainstem. I think I like the Mainstem better anyway.

Thanks
    Chats
    Groans

I hardly ever see any traffic on RT 17 up that way - can't imagine why they would build a new road or widen it. Is that picture looking upstream from the bridge Dennis?

Thanks
    Chats
    Groans

John, That picture is looking upstream.

Thread Information