Simms
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 25 to 36 of 55
  1. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Hackettstown, NJ
    Posts
    477
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    293
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    164
    Thanked in
    85 Posts
    Chats
    65
    Groans
    27
    Groaned 10 Times in 10 Posts


    Re: Orvis Sonic Weld Technology

    Simms are GHEY! Only homos wear them!!



    BTW... why is this thread in the Fly Tying forum??


    They are still GHEY!!


  2. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Roselle Park, New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    5,504
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    755
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,056
    Thanked in
    508 Posts
    Chats
    1329
    Groans
    17
    Groaned 13 Times in 12 Posts


    0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

    Re: Orvis Sonic Weld Technology

    Quote Originally Posted by Broadheadscreek View Post
    Sorry WB no need for waders when you are on the ship and the water is close to 60 degrees. But when I am wade fishing which is more often than not I put on the waders as I don't like ticks ,bees,snakes or briers all of which my Sonic pros have fended off perfectly .. Not to mention a bear attack or two..
    You've gotta understand... WB has the equivalent to a drift boat what Fred Flintstone has to a car. WB's feet are typically dangling in the water and doesn't have the comfort of placing his feet up and relaxing therefore, waders are a necessity for him.

    Pictures taken before/after/during fly fishing:
    http://dcabarle.smugmug.com/Sports/F...79119552_XXeHe

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dcabarle For This Useful Post:

    Broadheadscreek (09-05-2012), MACFLY (09-05-2012)

  4. The Following User Says No Thank You to dcabarle For This un-Useful Post:

    WBDluver (09-05-2012)

  5. #27
    LyNcH's Avatar
    LyNcH is offline Dries, wets, nymphs and streamers...it's all good!
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Duanesburg, NY
    Posts
    1,103
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    162
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    433
    Thanked in
    248 Posts
    Chats
    344
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 9 Times in 9 Posts


    I have the simms g4's, simms g3 guide pants and Redington sonic zip front. All waders are in size large long. The Redingtons perform just as good as the Simms. The Simms fit better, especially the booties. In terms of overall long term durability, i don't see anything holding up to the g4s, but you can go through 2 pairs of Redington waders for the same price.

    Oh, in terms of Orvis waders, they will suck. I would buy a pair of Hodgeman first.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

    __________________________________________________ _______________________________







    No bait allowed.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to LyNcH For This Useful Post:

    WBDluver (09-05-2012)

  7. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wasilla, Alaska
    Posts
    4,253
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,176
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    900
    Thanked in
    552 Posts
    Chats
    826
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 25 Times in 25 Posts


    Quote Originally Posted by Broadheadscreek View Post
    The $400 dollar guide waist highs Chris I had them repaired last year handed them right to the show rep. at the Fly Fishing show in Somerset had them back in a few weeks.
    Sounds like a sizing problem if you had the boot pull away from the gore tex. they aren't supposed to fit like spandex you know.

    Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
    Mark Twain

    http://www.savebristolbay.org/

    REAL FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS SPOON FEED

    http://www.roehard.com

    http://www.glsteelheadco.com




  8. #29
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    1060 West Addison, Chicago....
    Posts
    4,410
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,209
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,029
    Thanked in
    692 Posts
    Chats
    4446
    Groans
    30
    Groaned 12 Times in 12 Posts


    Re: Orvis Sonic Weld Technology

    Quote Originally Posted by LyNcH View Post
    Oh, in terms of Orvis waders, they will suck. I would buy a pair of Hodgeman first.
    Seems to be the consensus...
    I wish they did "suck"..I might have a more pleasurable trip.....

    "I'm not out on the river to win." -Kieth Rutherford

  9. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wasilla, Alaska
    Posts
    4,253
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,176
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    900
    Thanked in
    552 Posts
    Chats
    826
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 25 Times in 25 Posts


    Just ask yourself this question. Why do the majority of guides wear Simms waders? The answer is simple, because they are the best on the market.

    Of course your reddington waders are WAY cheaper. They are made by communist slave labor. Probably made by some small child in a sweat shop who has never even seen a trout stream.

    Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
    Mark Twain

    http://www.savebristolbay.org/

    REAL FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS SPOON FEED

    http://www.roehard.com

    http://www.glsteelheadco.com




  10. #31
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Hamlin Pa/Deposit NY
    Posts
    3,220
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    982
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    850
    Thanked in
    625 Posts
    Chats
    3358
    Groans
    11
    Groaned 28 Times in 28 Posts


    Re: Orvis Sonic Weld Technology

    Quote Originally Posted by CTobias View Post
    Sounds like a sizing problem if you had the boot pull away from the gore tex. they aren't supposed to fit like spandex you know.
    It was a constant problem with him until he had the operation to remove the sixth toe on each foot.

    To look good is to fish good

  11. #32
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    536
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    721
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    150
    Thanked in
    121 Posts
    Chats
    5385
    Groans
    33
    Groaned 5 Times in 5 Posts


    1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

    Re: Orvis Sonic Weld Technology

    Guides wear them because they get a discount rate from what retail is.....


  12. #33
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Hamlin Pa/Deposit NY
    Posts
    3,220
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    982
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    850
    Thanked in
    625 Posts
    Chats
    3358
    Groans
    11
    Groaned 28 Times in 28 Posts


    Re: Orvis Sonic Weld Technology

    They get that on all waders dont they? Admit it, you are suffering from Simms envy. My wader is better than your wader

    To look good is to fish good

  13. #34
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    A big city
    Posts
    3
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Chats
    0
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts


    Re: Orvis Sonic Weld Technology

    Hey, thanks to all for the input and sorry I originally posted in the wrong sub-forum. For me, the earlier pairs of Simms waders were great, but the latest pair I overpaid 4 years ago or so & they have leaked after a year. I figure I'll look around more this time and not automatically stay with Simms just for the name. Maybe I'll end up buying them, but the wide range of opinions here was really helpful. Anyway, long time fly angler, new forum member, great discussion!!!

    Amat Victoria Caram

  14. #35
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    127
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    5
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Chats
    4
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts


    Re: Orvis Sonic Weld Technology

    By the way...

    Let's look at another part of the Orvis 100% Satisfaction guarantee...

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	081512_satisfaction.gif 
Views:	289 
Size:	100.5 KB 
ID:	8171
    "For over 150 years, we have offered the strongest return policy in the business. We will refund your money on any purchase that isn't 100% satisfactory. Anytime, for any reason. It's that simple."

    This doesn't include waders and rods are up to 25yrs. I don't understand how this works... How can you claim to 100% satisfactory guarantee or your money back on ANY PRODUCT FOR ANY REASON, AT ANYTIME but then have stipulations on your fly fishing products? Sounds to me like they are a bit sure you won't be satisifed with these products and will eventually ask for a refund. The solution... Don't buy your fly fishing gear from Orvis.


  15. #36
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    11,859
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,614
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,079
    Thanked in
    694 Posts
    Chats
    3104
    Groans
    28
    Groaned 33 Times in 33 Posts


    Re: Orvis Sonic Weld Technology

    Quote Originally Posted by dcabarle View Post
    You've gotta understand... WB has the equivalent to a drift boat what Fred Flintstone has to a car. WB's feet are typically dangling in the water and doesn't have the comfort of placing his feet up and relaxing therefore, waders are a necessity for him.
    Come to think of it DLUVER looks a lot like Fred or maybe Barney

    "Angling is extremely time consuming. That's sort of the whole point." - Thomas McGuane

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Thread Participants: 15

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •