Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    493 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 12 Times in 11 Posts

Exclamation NEFF site format change...

I'm thinking it might be time for a small change.

I try to allow the free speach thing here and for the most part of it, think it's great. I think I'd like to tone it down slightly though.
    I have no issue with profanity, religion bashing, political talk, etc... But everytime I log into this site I'm turned off by what I see. It's not friendly ribbing, it's not friendly roasting, it's not remotely funny anymore, it's just trash talk (Trailer trash talk). Most of it sounds like a little kid telling a joke and getting a quick laugh but then the same kid knowing he got a laugh the first time, continues to tell the same joke to the same people over and over again.

Don't get me wrong, some of the stuff is funny but I think it's time to start focusing on quality a little bit. Post after post is a beetle bash or a bash from beetle. It's tiring to read, it's not funny anymore, and it's kinda pathetic.

I don't mind having a joke at someone elses expense. If you can't laugh at yourself for some of the stupid things you do or may have done, you don't belong here in the first place. We're not here to cater to sticks in the mud.

Who's with me on this?

Similar Threads:
    Pictures taken before/after/during fly fishing:
    http://dcabarle.smugmug.com/Sports/F...79119552_XXeHe

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to dcabarle For This Useful Post:

Bestbugz (08-11-2012), boomer88 (08-13-2012), G Lech (08-09-2012), johnkk111 (08-09-2012), Johnw (08-09-2012), millrun (08-09-2012), pduane44 (08-09-2012), The_Sib (08-09-2012), Trout Fever (08-09-2012)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    451 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 35 Times in 24 Posts

Re: NEFF site format change...

Off to GST i go!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 5 Times in 3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dcabarle View Post

I try to allow the free speach thing here and for the most part of it, think it's great. I think I'd like to tone it down slightly though.
    I have no issue with profanity, religion bashing, political talk, etc... But everytime I log into this site I'm turned off by what I see. It's not friendly ribbing, it's not friendly roasting, it's not remotely funny anymore, it's just trash talk (Trailer trash talk). Most of it sounds like a little kid telling a joke and getting a quick laugh but then the same kid knowing he got a laugh the first time, continues to tell the same joke to the same people over and over again.

Don't get me wrong, some of the stuff is funny but I think it's time to start focusing on quality a little bit. Post after post is a beetle bash or a bash from beetle. It's tiring to read, it's not funny anymore, and it's kinda pathetic.

I don't mind having a joke at someone elses expense. If you can't laugh at yourself for some of the stupid things you do or may have done, you don't belong here in the first place. We're not here to cater to sticks in the mud.

Who's with me on this?
    You couldn't be more right. Sounds great.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to pduane44 For This Useful Post:

dcabarle (08-09-2012)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    401 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

I don't know if your serious, and I have doubts. But if you are I say it's about time.

Brk Trt

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BRK TRT For This Useful Post:

beeber (08-09-2012), Johnw (08-09-2012), NJpatbee (08-09-2012), tomk6251 (08-09-2012)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

You could just remove Simms, he's the root of the problem. I'm serious though.

Corner of grey street and the end of the world
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    725 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 6 Times in 6 Posts

I'm down with ya DC!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

banish both of the children. it will be an improvement.

Blog Entries
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    682 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 32 Times in 32 Posts

Dennis what do you propose

Who's with me on this?

"Angling is extremely time consuming. That's sort of the whole point." - Thomas McGuane

Blog Entries
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    493 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by BRK TRT View Post
    I don't know if your serious, and I have doubts. But if you are I say it's about time.

Brk Trt
    I'm serious but I won't make any moves unless the majority speaks. So far only a few responses. We'll give it a few days. If the majority of the users are on board, I'll follow through.

Quote Originally Posted by pduane44 View Post
    You could just remove Simms, he's the root of the problem. I'm serious though.
    I don't mind joking and I don't mind jokes about various races/religions/ethnicity but I think the stuff about the Jews in the ovens isn't something I prefer to see on NEFF. How many polocks does it take to change a lightbulb is one thing, The Jews in the ovens isn't funny although I do have a funny experience with it. I was in a bagel store (Jewish owned) one day and the guy making the bages was very much a Jew. So we're talking and I ask him how many bagels he makes a day and he says, check this out. He opens a door and there sat this huge oven so I said to him, "That's a big oven you've got there". It was so innocently said but you could tell he didn't like the comment. Anyway... If you think Jews in the ovens is ok, well... you're entitled to enjoy whatever you like, just don't post about it here.

Quote Originally Posted by G Lech View Post
    I'm down with ya DC!
    You're the worse offender. You don't call, you don't write, you don't send me flowers anymore. You used me for a free boat ride then severed all ties with me. You're a boob; a big boob.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

I don't mind joking and I don't mind jokes about various races/religions/ethnicity but I think the stuff about the Jews in the ovens isn't something I prefer to see on NEFF. How many polocks does it take to change a lightbulb is one thing, The Jews in the ovens isn't funny although I do have a funny experience with it. I was in a bagel store (Jewish owned) one day and the guy making the bages was very much a Jew. So we're talking and I ask him how many bagels he makes a day and he says, check this out. He opens a door and there sat this huge oven so I said to him, "That's a big oven you've got there". It was so innocently said but you could tell he didn't like the comment. Anyway... If you think Jews in the ovens is ok, well... you're entitled to enjoy whatever you like, just don't post about it here.
    I don't understand, I strongly support what you're trying to do. This really had nothing to do with what I had said, which was removing Simms. He is the one making the sick jokes about Jews and and has made many other sick comments, and the sad thing is he doesn't know when to stop. I was completely serious about removing him if possible.

Blog Entries
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    493 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by MACFLY View Post
    Dennis what do you propose
    Some minor adjustments Mac. I don't mind being a little over the top but some of this shit is just that. And Happy Birthday!

Quote Originally Posted by pduane44 View Post
    I don't understand, I strongly support what you're trying to do. This really had nothing to do with what I had said, which was removing Simms. He is the one making the sick jokes about Jews, and the sad thing is he doesn't know when to stop. I was completely serious about removing him if possible.
    Not sure what you don't understand. Simms is entitled to his opinion about Jews. I support his rights to have an opinion about whoever he wants. Simms reached out to me about this last week and I told him that I didn't agree with what he was writing but gave the ok to post his opinions on our open platform. Then I started reading more and more and well.. read my original post. I won't ban SIMMS, he's going to GST!

As far as Beetle.. He's a bit ridiculous but he's harmless. Ok and annoying as hell at times. I'll speak with him when he gets back from BC. You guys have to understand something about beetle though. He takes the little bus to school, to teach the kids who take the big bus to school. What's so wrong with that?

Corner of grey street and the end of the world
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    725 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 6 Times in 6 Posts

You guys have to understand something about beetle though. He takes the little bus to school, to teach the kids who take the big bus to school. What's so wrong with that?
    Just found my new sig!!

Thread Information