Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Re: NEFF site format change...

VERY FEW IF ANY JOKES ARE BEING SAID ABOUT ITALIANS, IRISH OR WHITE PEOPLE GENERALLY HERE ON North Eastern Fly Fishing.
    .....AND, IF I MISSED A FEW ITALIAN AND IRISH JOKES, THEY WEREN'T OFFENSIVE TO THE WHITE ITALIAN AND WHITE IRISH AND OTHERWISE JUST PLAIN WHITE FOLKS WHO MAY HAVE WROTE THEM HERE.
    Three men walk into a bar: a Greek, an Italian and an Irishman. Each man orders a beer.
    Three flys fly into the tavern and one fly lands in each man's drink.
    -The Italian man pulls the fly out of his beer, says "tutto 'e bene" (all is well)" and drinks the beer down.
    -The Greek man holds up & shows his beer with the fly still inside to the barman and asks for another beer.
    -The Irishman grabs the fly out of the beer, takes it by it's wings, while yelling "Cough it up, you wee theivin' bastard!"
    Moments later a patrol of Nazi's passing the establishment throw hand grenades into the bar and blow them all up....the End!

Happy now ......now lets get on with our lives!

Live in New Jersey, like to tie flies?
    Please check out.....
    http://www.meetup.com/RahwayRiverTroutUnlimited/

Blog Entries
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    682 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 32 Times in 32 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CTobias View Post
    Being a telemarketer trying to pedal stocks is not a real job Mac.
    You are still mad about that stock I sold you in pan am. Hold on to it Tobias. It will come back.

"Angling is extremely time consuming. That's sort of the whole point." - Thomas McGuane

Blog Entries
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    682 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 32 Times in 32 Posts

You crack me up GB you either actually believe what you wrote in which case you are a hypocrit or you just enjoy the intellectual game too much which makes you unbalanced. You cry foul against stuff others post while claiming your posts are harmless. How full of shit are you exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by golden beetle View Post
    I'm going to weigh in on this...

Just a few days ago, Trouser Trout posted a newspaper headline...

It stated something about "Judea" declaring war on Germany...

Nevermind that I don't know what Judea even is...

Is it a country?

Is it some sort of brotherhood?

Hoping to form a Jewish State in, perhaps, what became Israel in 1948?

Because, to my knowledge, there was no Jewish State of Judea that existed in 1933.

IF there was, can someone clarify a few questions...

Where was Judea, in 1933?

I'm not sure...

Was it next to Germany?

Was it a serious threat to German national security?

Was the article reporting on an act of war or aggression against Germany?

By Judea?

I'm not sure of that either.

But I'm damned sure that the Jews didn't start the problems that followed in Hitler's Germany.

I sort of resent the suggestion by Trourser Trout that it was the Jews' fault...

By posting an article here that suggests that "Judea" declared war on Germany first, i.e., two years before the Nuremberg Laws were passed in Germany.

Trouser Trout implies that there is a connection between that stupid article, and the events in Germany that followed, such as the Nuremberg Laws.

Were the Concentration Camps really necessary, TT, to protect Germany against "Judea?" A nation that did not even EXIST IN 1933!?!?!???

And well, that sort of intellectual dishonesty...

By Trouser Trout?

I think that is hate speech.

Sorry TT.

But it is.

Name a group that has been attacked on NEFF.

Have Germans?

Have the Irish?

Have the Italians?

Nope.

Who gets attacked here?

All the time?

Jews.

Over and over and over.

And sometimes African Americans.

And in one instance that I recall, Asians.

Can you honestly remember a hateful attack on NEFF about any group other than African Americans, Jews and perhaps Asians (by AK Skim against Blue Collar Bleached)?

I honestly can't.

Which brings me back to TT's article.

On Judea.

It is bull shit.

And so is his post, in this thread...

This one:
    Originally Posted by Trouser Trout
    Let me get this right, its ok if i call a six pack and a potato an irish 7 course meal, it's ok if i report that the polish ice hockey team fell through the ice in spring training, it's ok if i say the only thing different between an italian grandmother and an elephant is 50 lbs and a black dress, its ok if i say your girlfriend is so fat that when she dances she makes the band skip, its ok if i post that when you cross a german and a mexican you get a "beaner schnitzel", but saying jews noses are so big because the air is free will no longer be tolerated, and if i write on how they plan on improving transportation in harlem by moving trees closer together this will no longer be tolerated as well? just looking for a clarification......

Let me clarify this for those that have trouble understanding very simple concepts.

Most of us here are Irish.

MacFly, McCarthy... This is an Irish pub.

And lots of Italians here too, TT.

And, let's be honest... When's the last time you heard an offensive Italian joke on NEFF?

NEVER.

It hasn't happened, to my memory.

So when you pretend that Irish and Italian jokes ARE NOT CENSORED HERE, WELL, THEY ARE NOT CENSORED BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT BEING SAID. AND, IF THEY ARE BEING SAID, THEY ARE NOT OFFENSIVE.

So, let's get this straight.

1. VERY FEW IF ANY JOKES ARE BEING SAID ABOUT ITALIANS, IRISH OR WHITE PEOPLE GENERALLY HERE ON NEFF.

2. AND, IF I MISSED A FEW ITALIAN AND IRISH JOKES, THEY WEREN'T OFFENSIVE TO THE WHITE ITALIAN AND WHITE IRISH AND OTHERWISE JUST PLAIN WHITE FOLKS WHO MAY HAVE WROTE THEM HERE.

The JEW BASHING BY NON-JEWISH PERSONS IS SICK.

PATHETIC.

IT HAPPENS ALL THE TIME.

AND SHOULD STOP IMMEDIATELY.

"Angling is extremely time consuming. That's sort of the whole point." - Thomas McGuane

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MACFLY For This Useful Post:

quality time (08-16-2012), Trouser Trout (08-13-2012)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

I agree with all DC has said...............man, these threads go on and on..............do you guys ever fish ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    990 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 24 Times in 23 Posts

It's been 7 days since this thread was started and I think it's obvious that nothing at all has changed. I'm thick skinned and enjoy all the back and forth, but a couple buddies that have been posting less and less actually had hope that things were going to change. Now they're bailing, leaving only a few of us to keep posting. It is what it is.....perhaps fall trout fishing will get the site back on track as a fishing site.

A sinking fly is closer to Hell - ​Unknown

Blog Entries
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    494 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 12 Times in 11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Spinner View Post
    It's been 7 days since this thread was started and I think it's obvious that nothing at all has changed. I'm thick skinned and enjoy all the back and forth, but a couple buddies that have been posting less and less actually had hope that things were going to change. Now they're bailing, leaving only a few of us to keep posting. It is what it is.....perhaps fall trout fishing will get the site back on track as a fishing site.
    I thought the message was pretty clear... Ball busting is totally acceptable I'm not going to censor people. The only thing I was looking to accomplish was to ban the bullshit stuff about Jews in the ovens and the like. I've actually deleted 4 posts since I've posted this. That's a record considering I haven't deleted a post in years (other than spam). We have to start somewhere but I'm not going to tell people they can't bust balls anymore. This site is for busting balls. It would be nice if I could make everyone happy but unfortunately, that's not how life rolls. If your friends are looking for a site for angels, this probably isn't the place and that's cool... no hard feelings. I'd love for the majority of people to see things our way, the NEFF way, but I'm cool with having the small piece of the pie.

I will say this though...

Last July we had 1498 posts. This July, 1984
    Last June we had 2289 posts. This June, 2522

As far as this month, we're slightly ahead of last year at this time. No doubt I'm doing something right around here. I'll also add that since a certain someone has gone away, the post counts have actually INCREASED (that's for the numbers guys).

Pictures taken before/after/during fly fishing:
    http://dcabarle.smugmug.com/Sports/F...79119552_XXeHe

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    489 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 24 Times in 22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by golden beetle View Post
    Have the Irish?

Nope.

Who gets attacked here?

And, let's be honest... When's the last time you heard an offensive Italian joke on NEFF?

It hasn't happened, to my memory.

So when you pretend that Irish and Italian jokes ARE NOT CENSORED HERE, WELL, THEY ARE NOT CENSORED BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT BEING SAID. AND, IF THEY ARE BEING SAID, THEY ARE NOT OFFENSIVE.
    Way back in 2007, I nearly started a war with a joke about an Irish guy.
    I was called a Nazi, a member of the KKK, etc.
    The "Great Potato Fiasco" as it became known here on N.E.F.F. nearly brought the website to its knees...
    I'm still sorry, AK.
    Won't we EVER learn???

John
    Some circumstantial evidence is very strong, as when you find a trout in the milk.--Henry David Thoreau

Thread Information