Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    487 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 12 Times in 11 Posts

Re: NEFF site format change...

I think the replies speak for themselves.

Everyone wants free speach nobody wants the hatred. I think that's fair.

I know I've said this before. The site is a fly fishing site but it's not the typical fly fishing site. Yeah, post your flies and your fish pics, that's cool. Let's talk river flows and trout conservation and while we're doing it, hi-jack a thread or two, as long as you're making someone laugh in the process, it's cool with me.

I'm a jokester. I love a practical jokes and just about anything goes with me. I LOVE the JACKASS movies, I think they're a riot so if you wanna set your balls on fire and post a link to it, I'd watch it in a heartbeat. ....and, if you wanna insult the guy doing this, be my guest!

I'm not interested in turning the site into a bible study. Keep up the ball busting but ditch the hatred. These posts will be deleted immediately. Starting now, racist rants will be removed immediately (DELETED, not MOVED).

Now I know some of you suspect that Pete and Myself sit here and watch the site all day but we have lives and cannot do this.

If you have a thin skin and can't handle having your balls busted every so often or if you have a thin skin and can't debate someone without crying to mommy, this site is probably not for you.

These are the types of threads we don't want here (bluecollarbleached is asian)

http://www.njflyfishing.com/vBulleti...-into-opt.html

Now look... the guy is asian and doesn't enjoy having his herritage abused... I get it. I have an asian friend who welcomes the asian jokes and pokes fun of himself holding a wok making chinese food. It's hillaraious. Calls himself a Chink and everything. That's not what the above thread seems like to me. Some may have enjoyed it, quite a few didn't like it at all. If your'e Asian or German and don't have an issue making fun of yourself publicly then don't get pissed if others come in and enjoy the humour with you. The above type of thread won't be tolerated.

The comments about the Jews won't be tolerated either.

I just want everyone to understand that I cannot possibly cater to everybody here. I don't want NEFF to be associated with the aryan nation or the nation of islam!

I hope you all understand, appreciate, and accept what I'm putting in place here.

Thanks

Pictures taken before/after/during fly fishing:
    http://dcabarle.smugmug.com/Sports/F...79119552_XXeHe

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dcabarle For This Useful Post:

NJpatbee (08-10-2012), tomk6251 (08-09-2012)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 1 Time in 1 Post

I have an idea..

How about we start a fund to neuter both Beetle and SIMMS.

Works for out of hand cats and dogs!!

Also.. I think DC should do as he deems nessicary to keep his forum from getting out of hand.

I dont mind playing nice!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Trout Guy For This Useful Post:

dcabarle (08-09-2012)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    121 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 5 Times in 5 Posts

Dc i don't take lightly serving and being called a slave, for one When you serve in today's miltary it isn't a draft requirement,All my brothers and sisters since the end of Viet Nam have served faithfully for varying reasons...but know this they have served under a volunteer basis,and have comitted themsleves to a job...to protect the people,way of life of American civilians as well as to stop outright injustices in other parts of the world and help folks to have a better way of life than being truly a serf to a monarchy,or a religious fanatic,or a goverment with really bad ideas of how they treat folks.But again its a matter of free speech which by the way is protected by veterans past present and future...not civilians or politicians. Having served in a few countries where folks were literally exterminated for not being aligned politically or religiously,let alone women that were treated worse than dogs,I cannot nor will i ever take lightly being called a slave nor will i ever tolerate folks that think mistreating other folks and literally torturing or maiming them or exterminating them is a cool idea...can you imagine for one moment if things were different in the world and the US had lost WW2 or better yet China calls the bill in on all the debt we owe someday. Yes when you are in the service the pay is a bit lower than a real job depending on what it is that you do...but the honor and priveledge to serve Voluntarily is something a civilian will never know or have ...certainly never deserve. Also there's healthcare for all vets that are honorably discharged for life as well as other things available for US service personell.I can honestly tell you that you will never know the bond of true brotherhood that being in a division or unit or department of service will behold.Your life depends on the person beside you and theirs depends on you as well.
    I have laughed at Simms outbursts,and watched Beetle do the same.I really think it shows on one part how great this forum is compared to others...some forums wont even tolerate the amount of cussing that goes on in here let alone some of the posted views that have happened..they would toss you out and thats that.
    I am not a wuss or sensitive to most people's ramblings, but when what i have done by sacrificing 6 years of my life at the tip of the spear for fellow Americans good and bad and then called a "slave" i really resent that. I do agree that the Politicans should not get benefits for life,should have term limits,and should be thrown out immediately if they are not representing their constitituents best interests{by that i mean the folks that vote..not Big money corporations,their lobbyists ect}.
    DC, i agree with what you would like to do,but if this place gets politically correct I think that this forum would suffer. Aside from that I commend you on putting out a " A great forum" it takes a bit of knowledge to maintain this and i really appreciate it

On a second note
    Quote Originally Posted by dcabarle View Post
    I know he's called millitary people "slaves" but probably because they work for next to nothing and get very little if anything in return while many people who are part of the US Government lie, lie, lie, but are set for life, entitled to the best benefits your money can buy, etc... So really, they are slaves (unfortunately). At least CTobias got a free ride home. Bet he didn't even get to sit first class after spending countless months in that third world country fighting.

Blog Entries
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    487 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolve View Post
    Dc i don't take lightly serving and being called a slave, for one When you serve in today's miltary it isn't a draft requirement,All my brothers and sisters since the end of Viet Nam have served faithfully for varying reasons...but know this they have served under a volunteer basis,and have comitted themsleves to a job...to protect the people,way of life of American civilians as well as to stop outright injustices in other parts of the world and help folks to have a better way of life than being truly a serf to a monarchy,or a religious fanatic,or a goverment with really bad ideas of how they treat folks.But again its a matter of free speech which by the way is protected by veterans past present and future...not civilians or politicians. Having served in a few countries where folks were literally exterminated for not being aligned politically or religiously,let alone women that were treated worse than dogs,I cannot nor will i ever take lightly being called a slave nor will i ever tolerate folks that think mistreating other folks and literally torturing or maiming them or exterminating them is a cool idea...can you imagine for one moment if things were different in the world and the US had lost WW2 or better yet China calls the bill in on all the debt we owe someday. Yes when you are in the service the pay is a bit lower than a real job depending on what it is that you do...but the honor and priveledge to serve Voluntarily is something a civilian will never know or have ...certainly never deserve. Also there's healthcare for all vets that are honorably discharged for life as well as other things available for US service personell.I can honestly tell you that you will never know the bond of true brotherhood that being in a division or unit or department of service will behold.Your life depends on the person beside you and theirs depends on you as well.
    I have laughed at Simms outbursts,and watched Beetle do the same.I really think it shows on one part how great this forum is compared to others...some forums wont even tolerate the amount of cussing that goes on in here let alone some of the posted views that have happened..they would toss you out and thats that.
    I am not a wuss or sensitive to most people's ramblings, but when what i have done by sacrificing 6 years of my life at the tip of the spear for fellow Americans good and bad and then called a "slave" i really resent that. I do agree that the Politicans should not get benefits for life,should have term limits,and should be thrown out immediately if they are not representing their constitituents best interests{by that i mean the folks that vote..not Big money corporations,their lobbyists ect}.
    DC, i agree with what you would like to do,but if this place gets politically correct I think that this forum would suffer. Aside from that I commend you on putting out a " A great forum" it takes a bit of knowledge to maintain this and i really appreciate it

On a second note
    The thing is, I really don't think (I could be wrong) that anyone is calling you or any millitary person a slave. Of course anyone who serves should be commended. I don't think you're getting what the slave term in the context really is.

Some serve and are proud of what they do. Some serve because there was nothing else. To someone like me... It doesn't matter what your reason for serving is/was. You're out there putting your ass on the line. Dont' you think that this is a priceless job? Can you put a salary on your life? So the term slave isn't a slave in the sense that anyone thinks you signed up against your will and are forced to do things you don't want to do.

Look, you're presented with hundreds of job opportunities when you sign up. What do you want to be?!?!? Once you're deployed, don't you think the salary should go up? Wouldn't it be nice to know that your family will be taken care of if you got blown up while you're out serving, putting your ass on the line? I DO. Now look at the politicians. They're set for life! Their familes are set for life... They've done NOTHING but lie to the people they work for and get far more than 20 miliatary personel combined will ever see. Pathetic if you ask me. They do NOTHING and get rewarded heavily for it. This pisses me off.

It drives me crazy knowing that some welfare asshole who is fully capable of working would rather sit home and make babies while you're out busting your ass for next to nothing with very little to gain get's pretty much nothing for dying for something you set out to do to try to make things better for the people!

So this is the definition of slave. Maybe another word is better but I'm on your side.

I've laughed at and with both of them myself. Let's just get rid of the Nazi shit and we'll be good.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to dcabarle For This Useful Post:

Lonewolve (08-09-2012)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    121 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 5 Times in 5 Posts

For the record DC, I am an American first who's heritage is American Indian {mother is full blooded two nations Blackfeet/Cherokee} , father is white{ Scotch/Irish/Pa Dutch} i have always taken heat whether its out on the Rez visiting relatives being called a half breed or in white society being called Cochise or Tonto or yes even two dogs fucking...what ever i laugh some folks are just bustin balls some have a race problem.. what ever, its like anything in life...some folks love you like their own an others are goofy an dont like you or anyone else .I also get called a Mountain Man, a Ridge Runner,a Wild Scotsman.
    Keep up the good work DC an good luck next hockey game!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    807 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 40 Times in 37 Posts

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

Let me get this right, its ok if i call a six pack and a potato an irish 7 course meal, it's ok if i report that the polish ice hockey team fell through the ice in spring training, it's ok if i say the only thing different between an italian grandmother and an elephant is 50 lbs and a black dress, its ok if i say your girlfriend is so fat that when she dances she makes the band skip, its ok if i post that when you cross a german and a mexican you get a "beaner schnitzel", but saying jews noses are so big because the air is free will no longer be tolerated, and if i write on how they plan on improving transportation in harlem by moving trees closer together this will no longer be tolerated as well? just looking for a clarification......

Hell no and it aint over now.......

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Trouser Trout For This Useful Post:

dcabarle (08-11-2012)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Trouser Trout View Post
    Let me get this right, its ok if i call a six pack and a potato an irish 7 course meal, it's ok if i report that the polish ice hockey team fell through the ice in spring training, it's ok if i say the only thing different between an italian grandmother and an elephant is 50 lbs and a black dress, its ok if i say your girlfriend is so fat that when she dances she makes the band skip, its ok if i post that when you cross a german and a mexican you get a "beaner schnitzel", but saying jews noses are so big because the air is free will no longer be tolerated, and if i write on how they plan on improving transportation in harlem by moving trees closer together this will no longer be tolerated as well? just looking for a clarification......

BEST POST EVER!

Blog Entries
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    457 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 9 Times in 8 Posts

I don’t mind the useless rhetoric. Actually I find it some what humorous. I could take anything anyone says to heart. I have Irish, German, Italian, Native American blood pumping through my veins. My wife has Jewish heritage. The point I am trying to make is we are all Americans and one of the things that make us great as a society, is none of us are pure bloods. We are the mutts the non thoroughbreds. Some where along the line our ancestors were not good enough to remain with the pure breads so they came hear to start fresh. Our culture has achieved greatness because of our non pure lineage; I guess we had something to prove to the pure bread societies. I also think we lose sight of that and we shouldn’t. Just remember no word written or spoken can change the way we feel about our heritage unless you believe that to be true. And when it comes down to it we are all Americans no mater what ethnic, religious or social group you feel that you belong. When the shit hits the fan and we need to pull together the American standing next to you will always be there for you.

"Hatchery fish have the same colors, but they always seem muted like bad reproductions of great art." Bill Barich

Blog Entries
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    487 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

Your timing is impeccable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pduane44 View Post
    DC, If you decide to go through with your plan, what changes would occur to the website? What did you have in mind?
    He has no mind...was this ok to say? if not, nevermind...(not to be redundant)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 3 Times in 3 Posts

I think that's about right, TT. DC - just add it as the last item of your Forum Rules...

Blog Entries
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    668 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 32 Times in 32 Posts

Unless its the beetle in which case he will be standing behind you trying to pick your pocket

Quote Originally Posted by tomfly View Post
    I don’t mind the useless rhetoric. Actually I find it some what humorous. I could take anything anyone says to heart. I have Irish, German, Italian, Native American blood pumping through my veins. My wife has Jewish heritage. The point I am trying to make is we are all Americans and one of the things that make us great as a society, is none of us are pure bloods. We are the mutts the non thoroughbreds. Some where along the line our ancestors were not good enough to remain with the pure breads so they came hear to start fresh. Our culture has achieved greatness because of our non pure lineage; I guess we had something to prove to the pure bread societies. I also think we lose sight of that and we shouldn’t. Just remember no word written or spoken can change the way we feel about our heritage unless you believe that to be true. And when it comes down to it we are all Americans no mater what ethnic, religious or social group you feel that you belong. When the shit hits the fan and we need to pull together the American standing next to you will always be there for you.

"Angling is extremely time consuming. That's sort of the whole point." - Thomas McGuane

Thread Information